Well I tried

‘protection’ - don’t trust this griefer, ganks you on her catalyst alt

4 Likes

He probably only died because his fit had no survivbility combined with him sitting in shock watching his screen doing nothing instead of fighting back.

Worm is technically op atm, should have finished off the coercer easily.

Where you high while loosing the ship too out of interest lol?

I had lost 2x cruisers inside the abyss yesterday.

We can try and protect you from gankers but not your own incompetence.

2 Likes

Abyss is not worth it I tried on the test server a lot, and so many people are running it that the income is just terrible. But such is the way for any overfarmed pve.

Well allow me to share a short story.

I had been sending Cruisers into Tama to farm State Caldari tags then when I wasn’t able to find a pvp match as the time was right around restart the other day. I recall using the my simple but deathly cruiser fit while using one of those firestorm calm filaments. Rest is history and thanks for reading.

My guess it is there to pass the time and to challenge oneself within a semi controlled environment. Besides we gotta spend our isk somewhere, why not on abyss?

1 Like

Oh my what a burn. :fire: + :snowflake: = :ocean:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Yea The challenge is ind pretty fun, personally love trying to beat tier 3 in a solo frig but its freaking hard.

So far I can beat it with a 1b isk hawk and implant’s but its like 60-80mil isk per hour so pays it self off over 57 runs which is pretty insane xD and slow.

Most gankers don’t like it when other people shoot at them. This post makes much more sense now knowing op is a ganker.

I run the Abyss all the time in a worm.

You don’t need a protection fleet if you just practice opsec.

3 Likes

Still the figures show most people don’t and many die.

Btw nice to see you back hope your well

OPSEC can stretch your luck quite a while, absolutely to a degree that the abyssals are hugely profitable. But OPSEC does not protect you from pure coincidence. If you do everything nicely, the chances that you are ambushed on exit are very very low, but they are still there and if the gankers have their stuff ready, you are pretty much toast.

Some kind of “protection fleet” however can ensure two things with a 100% certainty:

A. It multiplies the effort for possible gankers. Quite a lot if you do it right. Which makes you a low-priority target, compared to all the “unprotected” Gilas, Ishtars or Worms that still run their sites in Jita +/- 3 Jumps and which you can simply blow up with your cheap DestroyerCrew anytime you like. Gankers could of course trying to “make a statement” and try to gank anyway even in such a “protected” system, but from what I have seen ingame they are mostly out for easy prey and shiny killmails. And they hate to travel longer routes, especially in large groups.
From what Githany said: since they run this “protected system”, simply no gankers showed up. And I absolutely believe that, because it makes sense.

B. If the gankers do A and they do it even so good and with so much effort and preparation that the current “protection measures” cannot stop them, you can simply run a 100% kill denial tactic as a last resort. A scout is enough to report if anyone is waiting at your trace and if there is a gankcrew waiting that would kill you for sure, you simply do not exit the abyss. Yes, you die, but the gankers will get nothing and your fit will not be revealed. The people running in this system could even agree to donate some funds into a pool in case the protection measures fail and someone is forced to suicide in the abyss.

So, in my opinion some kind of “protected space” makes a lot of sense, even if it is just for the fun of cooperation and making contact to other people in the game with the same goals. But it also has effecs, effects every of the runners organizing there can profit from.

2 Likes

Oh sweet summer child! :rofl:

This is true, incompetence or simply just not caring is the meta game in stupid deaths.

You too is spilling some truths here, I tried my hand in the Abyss in the past and only once a ganker showed up when I was leaving the Abyss, then he didn’t attack me and he said in local:
-I was hoping for a Worm
:rofl:

Well, destroying other people’s ISK and adding ISK to your wallet is what is really going on in EVE no matter the activity.

@Syzygium again your post is by far the best, more logical and it’s the one which shows more game knowledge in the thread!

I will just input something that is the wisdom of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition:

• If you can’t take it with you, don’t go.
  • Faith moves mountains - of inventory

You need your stockpiles in the right systems.

True, travelling sucks… but why leave your pond where you have all your fishing rods and plenty of fish and travel to a place where there is only one fish and you have no fishing rods?
It’s better be a mytical whale then, Moby Dick itself, otherwise the fish will just get spooked and hide.

Having your stockpiles in the right systems is the invisible part of the gank, people keep looking at the zkillboard but that’s not where the gank started!
The gank started with marketing, industry, contracting, renting, fitting, organizing and then hauling… moving mountains of inventory… if you can’t take it with you, don’t go.

1 Like

The goal is to feed every system with Catalysts where traffic is active enough to justify holding assets in those systems.
It does take some effort when solo to achieve such resulting is downtime (rp downtime is important)

1 Like

They die because they don’t follow opsec.

That’s on them :smiley:

Part of opsec is avoiding that exact scenario. I shan’t post the tactics here. However I’ve never been ganked doing abyssals. Learn to use F10 my guy :smiley:

My brother in Amarr Jebus, I’ve been flying around New Eden for a long time. Hence why I don’t get blapped doing abyssals :smiley:

Unless you can make an abyssal trace disappear while still being inside, I see no way to protect yourself from a random scout combatscanning your system a minute after you entered the abyss.
And no, just running 1 abyssal site per day (19min before downtime -_-) doesn’t count.

I see a way, not 100% if gankers brings more then they need, but it will work. PM me for details.

LOL. “Random scout”.

I can tell you have no idea how gankers operate.

No need to make the trace disappear.

If you can’t figure out how to avoid getting ganked, that’s on you ROFL.

Feel free to share your wisdom.

But I have the feeling you haven’t even understood what I wrote.