What is HAPPENING TO EVE?

UO was, and still remains great to this day.

It gives the itch to play again many times.

1 Like

FF XIV and OSRS are both flourishing. Wonder why that is.

1 Like

In FF’s case Ill tell ya

Viera and lots of hats.

Sadly not at the same time :frowning:

Thanks Yoshi P

I personally think that would be a great change. Move L4s, burners and incursions to low and allow abyssals to remain in high but have them trigger a suspect timer. Maybe leave some mining in high, but remove moons and nice PI too.

Has its faults, I think high sec carebears and gankers would dislike it, but for just about everyone else it would work well, concentrating newbros in high sec helps the game feel more alive / active for them and those of us in low / null would see more pvp content as it will force people who want to farm some pve into dangerous space.

Hopefully incentivising low / null and pushing players to fly there would provide more overhead to buff the rewards on the flipside.

Albion red zones / black zones work well because the rewards are juicy as there is full loot pvp which regulates the reward value. You can’t have safe zones like AO blue zones or Eve high sec have the best rewards, it breaks things as there are very few counters besides high sec ganking to make the rewards feel meaningful. Given high sec pvp is a niche activity when you look at the MER destruction charts, that’s never going to work.

Get those rewards shifted over to low / null and wormholes!

3 Likes

I reckon all youd see would be quitters quitting

Let me take a quick guess!

Increased frequency of social interaction would make a huge difference.

The Staff join in with their community a little more so than the CCP members who are currently active and also who invite Eve Onlines’s Capsuleers to watch and listen in on various livestreams.

I think you’d see a lot of low and null players return that have left. I’d personally resub if rewards in full loot space improved such that both pve and pvp activity increased in these areas. This game is an ecosystem and it’s not sustainable to have high sec rewards so strong.

Assuming you’re part of the high sec RP brigade (apologies if you’re not), you wouldn’t need to gank in high sec anymore as there would be no juicy rewards to try to regulate, you could get back to the more engaging pvp low / null has to offer.

Im part of the anyspace hauling battalion.

But you werent talking about improving the rewards in low and null, just moving the lowest tier from HS (where its the highest tier) to those places?

Which means that those who do them in HS because its safer for them would probably just leave?

Eh we all have pur preferred states I suppose. But empty Low and crowded High suits some folk more than others.

images

1 Like

“I suck but I dont quit”

• R McCandless, total sucker
1 Like

Hands down agreeing with your reply, you are absolutely right!
All games die off eventually, there are many RPGs dying right now just like Destiny Corrupted said, I absolutely agree with you and her.

But what is CCP fault in this? The time sink, this is my only complaint about EVE and I do love EVE.
I just made 400 Catalysts + modules + extra modules for those special days in a system which has no ganks, zero ganks literally. It was a pain, just like starting EVE for the first time and I did research more BPOs because the region under attack needs it’s BPOs permanently there… specially because I had to cross many times a low sec gate that has constant gate camps. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I was impressed the amount of clicking and time for building everything locally, the waiting for all job runs is OK.

Same, that’s one game I got banned in all servers I played! :joy:
I am definitely one of the first or even the true first online miner killer in the World’s history, because when Ultima Online started it was me (afaik) that started running mininig patrols during the nights, for killing afk miners who were running macros.

I never mined in Ultima Online, I just killed and stole everything I needed and crafted all the weapons I needed in my
Two-Story Plaster House

@Verlyn, me and my best friend were playing one night and we were player killers, so I told him:
-Let’s mine!
-The ■■■■! That’s boring, you are an idiot!
-No no… let’s mine my way… gear up for mining!

So he started stripping all his gear and fitted a pickaxe only… but I geared myself with full plate, heater shield and viking sword, so he said:
-You ARE an idiot, you can’t mine with a plate! You gotta free weight for the ore!
-No… trust me… put on your plate!

So we went to Minoc in full plate and we visited that big mine southeast outside the city and i said:
-Hold here, don’t enter the mine.
-Ok, you are dumb…

So I casted a Blade Spirits from outside the cave and the Blade Spirits was summoned inside the big cave where all the miners were naked because they are so greedy they want to fully occupy their entire inventory space with ore only! :melting_face:

Then I casted a Stone Wall at the cave entrance, so the blade spirit and the miners couldn’t get out!
BwahWAEHHAEWHewaHaEHAWEHH!!!

We kept outside laughing and hearing their screams while they died, when the Blade Spirits and the Stone Wall despawned we entered the cave and looted an obscene amount of ore, it would take +20 people to carry all the loot, so I used that exploit to carry the loot.

When we were leaving the miners came after us at the bridge and we mowed them down since we were the real pvpers in the server and they were not.

And I kept killing miners in all other games, I’m being too slow in this in EVE, kinda shameful.

3 Likes

THIS

2022-08-30 16_44_40-Steam

1 Like

Yeah agreed, but crowded high has no counter as the pvp is minimal, it’s not really a sandbox if you can make 200m/hour doing burners or incursions from the safety of high. When you’re ratting in null in an Ishtar you run some risk of being caught and you’re only earning 60m/hour in 100% BRM such that it’s a few hours before you break even.

I don’t want to nerf anyone’s experience tbh, I think part of the problem with the community is players feel like they’re competing against each other to see “their” space buffed.

1 Like

Lol, that cavewall story was a good one !

Had a good chuckle.

Back when I played we were an RP-PK orcs, in orc masks, just raiding wherever, whenever, and too many stories to type here …

Saying that, killing miners in Eve is way less satisfying, they just reship instantly and you get the rare salt on occasions, but that’s it. Boring. I used to look for juicier targets running burner missions in bling frigates to extract some serious salt, but that got old pretty fast too.

Just, the way a player character dies in UO still makes me laugh to this day, and being able to chop him up into tiny pieces and display the remains at the caves entrances, while yelling with your mates in orcish, an even bigger laugh …

UO always had that true comic book feel, and has aged really well.

Like, Im pretty sure I could find a corpse-chopping Orc group right now as we speak if I wanted to, it really is and always will be that good of a game.

1 Like

Tbh I cant imagine wanting to do any of those things when in a sandbox, but I get your point.

Me too! In one server was a RP-PK Orc, when I started playing in that server it had barely any people, 8-18 in most cases, sometimes 3-6.

In many instances I used to stealth to other people’s doors and wait for them to open the door, then I jumped on them, kill and started throwing out the window all their furniture so my alt could pick them up and thrown everything through my house’s window! LMAO I was simply the worst neighbour, I would kill and rob everbody everywhere I lived!

When I didn’t steal all the food I would patiently apply poison on everybody’s cakes, breads, etc, everything!

We totally should have a topic to share such stories, I have tons of it!

So, in Ultima Online there was this characteristic like EVE has that is the player being the content, the games which are about grinding and farming non-stop are not for me at all!

To me:
#1 Ultima Online (the content is you)
#2 EVE Online (the content is you)
#3 Kenshi (but it’s single player unfortunatelly)

I heard Kenshi 2 will be a multiplayer game, can’t wait… Kenshi it’'s kinda a post apocalyptic Mad Max styled Ultima Online.

EVE and Ultima Online share this characteristic of you being the content, I believe this is why they are resisting to die.

2 Likes

This is the most amusing thread ever.

"Your pilots name* in latin means “aes” meaning "ore, Gloris money… also meaning that you are a Miner in New Eden and you now owe @Aiko_Danuja 10 million iskies to continue down such path of enjoying amusing threads like the one you found to be your first! Welcome to the Community o/

What gives?

Still not my Princess meaning no acknowledgement of such rank will be given by a Frostpacker ever again but New Eden still needs an Accountant to allocate funds to worthy causes. Frostpacker does support the Code. just not that coming from her no longer. I had been truthful to my thread replies and comments on many aspects of discussions. View my history to uncover the details if needed.

My reason for replying to such comment runs deeper than just ignoring it and moving on as I strongly feel there is much more at stake here when it comes to noticing the lack of involvement by new capsuleers.
What better chance than any to build rapport by showing enthusiasm with this new capsuleer?

“This is the most amusing thread ever.”

If one found this thread amusing perhaps there are other areas in New Eden that can reward a chuckle?