What is this?

I don’t see heavy moderation. Moderation would imply using an even hand.

What I’m seeing is cracking down on one group while letting another run wild. What usually ends up happening in these situations is that the decent people stop posting and the wild ones have no choice but to turn on each other.

I’ve seen it many times over many years on many forums. And I look forward to watching the show as these yahoos eat each other alive. Eventually leaving one last lonely guy starting threads and using alts to keep the conversation going.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Naari, Balos, Sievert, and Lucas can have many thoughtful conversations with each other.

From what I’ve seen, they’re also all getting banned on a regular basis. How much longer before they simply don’t bother coming back after their umpteenth silence?

1 Like

So who is left? The guys buying and selling skill farming toons?

The last three posters will be scoots, destiny, and their little tag along whose name escapes me at the moment. And since they only post to start fights, it should be an interesting time on the ole EVE-O General Discussion forum with the two of them tearing at each others throats all day, every day.

3 Likes

The “General Discussion” has been pretty dull after they closed our sandpit that was the moderation thread.

The “Resource Redistribution” mega-thread is still good for some malding comments though.

This forum is for tactful discussion.
Or silly discussion. Or silly memes sometimes.

But some things are not allowed and its good.

1 Like

join the club of the former badge holders :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

oh, and

2 Likes

Curious, isn’t it? Looks like the criteria were changed so I wonder what they are now.

Yeah . . . I feel like this forum is like a great party that the cops just broke up.

3 Likes

I just got my 1st flag! For spam which fits. :crazy_face: :rofl:

Merin doesn’t like me…

I had the title, then felt compelled to show it because others did - silly reason, huh ?
We’re far better off without these silly titles. Metrics are not a measurement of behavior, they induce behavior thus making themselves obsolete. What am I talking about, let the weekend begin :smiley:

1 Like

The only titles I’d want would be ones like “Shiptoaster” or “Grossly Off Actual Topic”

1 Like

Not at all! If you managed to EARN it, show it. I turned mine off because ppl more deserving than myself lost theirs. PLUS more ppl are willing to argue with you/me/whoever with it off. I miss the smack talk in Amarr. I use the forums to piss someone off enough to make a mistake, so others more knowledgeable can pounce on their mistake.

I think I fit both for the most part. I did not ask for the tag and didn’t even know it possible! I still like the idea of good vet/bad vet. I would get caught of course, but it still would be fun to screw with someone’s post! :rofl:

Reviewing the requirements for TL3:

Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)

I could see this being a catch if GD is where one hangs out and

However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

could explain why TL3 was lost recently.

Kinda funny you are no longer a “veteran” if you don’t read enough.

1 Like

I can see CCP’s point on this. How can you be a forum vet if you have been away so long, your not fit for combat anymore?

1 Like

I hate you! You make me type! :rofl:

I was asking about long term afk vets/ppl!

Wouldn’t it depend on the type of Forum PVP you do?
GD vs C&P vs OOPE’s LAGL

One like a day keeps the mods away.

1 Like