When EVE goes too far and its time to call it a day after 14 years

Toxic players/toxic scams = toxic environment = eventual death. Modern gamers will not tolerate actions like this in games these days, they will drop Eve online no quibbles.

1 Like

The only scam attempt came from the OP, just read my post above

the worse thing is youv enow come on here and now trie to cover it all up and say its a lieā€¦ this is how weird people areā€¦

so glad i donā€™t have to put up with this anymore

Pretty obvious scam by HK - along with the obligatory victim blamingā€¦c&p style

Just admit it, with pride!

PS: dear scam victim, please contract me all your stuff

yea i admit i gave dozens of people a new home in a C6 wormhole. The Reddit post shows how many people are happy with my service.

but yea sureā€¦ all fake accountsā€¦right?

Contract all left over stuff to LouHodo. I will go to the liberation of Minmatar people still in slavery around New Eden.

Which is completely irrelevant to this situation, which appears to have been a golden opportunity to scam

deflection alert
man upā€¦
:kissing_closed_eyes:

How is it irrelevant to this situation? he attempted to scam us, he brought this on himself. I donā€™t feel bad for this decision and i have the support of my corp regarding that matter.

We have a good reputation amongst the wormhole community, for a reason.

so you admit to taking his isk, first steps - weā€™ll get you through the program yet!

??
This is the place for those types of actions.

Besides, your modern gamer is playing candy crush during recess.

ā€“Gadget, Old-School Gamer

3 Likes

Was it ever funny? You spent time and effort to weave a wonderful spider web and now youā€™re crying because the wrong insect got eaten?

It sounds like you might have been part of the problem. Look in the mirror and wonder that maybe you enabled and contributed to this.

Donā€™t blame the pixels.
Blame yourself.
Donā€™t quit EVE.
Quit yourself.

See you in Jita! :joy:

Given his reaction, I suspect there has been no weaving of webs, just stupidityā€¦ and an awful lot of that looking at reddit

1 Like

A third party would have made sure no issues like this popped up, so why was one not used?

one would think 14 years experience would mean youā€™d know better.

1 Like

Is OP lying? Is the HK guy lying? Are both lying? I really donā€™t care. This thread provides delicious renter trash tears all the same.

popcorn

5 Likes

As i have posted above, this happened:

Friend of the OP wanted to rent a C6 from us. The price for the first month was set to 19b. After a little negotiating we agreed to do 10b first, then the rest at the end of the month. He sent the 10b and we gave him the entrance and he moved in. As soon as i jumped the static to scan for connections to bring more of his stuff in, he rolled me out to take over the wormhole system. At this point he didnā€™t know we had backup scanners logged off in there and had ways to get in there again. I assume he figured it was pointless and paid the rest. After the attempt to scam us, i decided to take the 19b and break the deal as some sort of punishment and to make up for the effort of bringing my main scout back into that hole.

the wallet screenshot confirm it:

As you can see the time difference of the transactions show it very well.

1 Like

Do I get 10% for making you write an essay? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

No :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

barsteward - how about 9.5%

How else is a throwaway alt to make isk? :thinking:

So for the last 14 years of your time here, how many times have you taken a public stand against scamming in game?

Like, Iā€™m sure youā€™ve been right at the forefront of the fight against scamming, or is it just now, because your a victim?

1 Like

I find it utterly disgusting that you are contiuing youā€™re harassment and lies and trying to cover up this. By blaming others when you scammed.

The proof is there. Oh and reddit like itā€™s not fake alt accounts. Just like Kahzeen Is your account.

The evemails shows you admitting the scam.
Wtf would I or anyone else post this if we was trying to scam. Youre absolutely exactly the weird person in eve Iā€™m talking about. Itā€™s actually scary you exist in real life.