Where are the positive changes though?

Please post an Official CCP Statement to collaborate that.

Read the market changes dev blog.

Currently, the cost to modify an order by a small amount is negligible. The only real constraint is the five minute delay before an individual order can be modified, but this is relatively easy to minimize for a trader with many order slots. As a result, the optimal strategy becomes “Always create your orders at 0.01 ISK above/below the current best order, and always update your order ASAP by 0.01 ISK if it isn’t the highest buy or lowest sell.” Competition between traders comes down to who (or what) can micro-manage their orders for the longest period of time, rather than who is making the most intelligent pricing decisions. Instead, this will provide some incentive for order changes to happen less frequently and with more consideration . Increasing the modification costs will mean that the strategy of always modifying every order as quickly as possible will quickly become unprofitable. Creating a more equal playing field for market users and handing the advantage back to those who make educated pricing calls is a clear statement of intent in the fight against botting.

3 Likes

If we plan our route correctly the skies are clear and the belts are fresh.

That’s kind of why I said that I hope someone can help me understand. To get the perspective from others who have different play styles. I don’t see how attacking my personal play style makes your point?

What is inherently positive about any of this? Since it makes opportunities for people who like PvP? When did we start catering to one play style?

3 Likes

The fact that there’s a new region smack in the middle of empire space that sits between many of the major trade hubs provides the potential for CCP to introduce many new things. They’ve already started by introducing filaments to access / escape the region, as well as mineable (albeit, currently a little buggy) Triglavian ore. This means that people who want to start funding major industrial ops to start building triglavian fleets can do so without relying on Abyssal pockets.

It’ll bring in more people traveling to and from these regions (with or without filaments), heightening the level of activity in empire space beyond the handful of mission runners and AFK freighters on autopilot. Escaping filaments aren’t guaranteed to bring out back into highsec, so there’s always the potential of PvP when you try to leave T-Space with your fresh haul but land in a Low Sec Trig Minor Victory site (once you’re back in KSpace, you still need to use gates).

These two things are just stuff I’ve thought about off the top of my head with about 2 minutes worth of thinking. I’m not sure why it seems to be so difficult for you.

I think you need to re-read it. Nowhere does it say CCP is trying to get rid of people.

Those who constantly say that crap seriously need to just stop.

Can i ask why you say you are a trader if you can’t trade at all?

Checking market orders and putting 0.01 more or less ISK is not trading. It’s a braindead stupidity with no consequence. Now you have to trade really (with using brain), and you just stopped, because you never was a trader at all.

2 Likes

I heavily relied on the margin trading skill and traded high value items, this is why it personally made it non-viable. The relist fees were an extra kick, fine for things that have high volume but on smaller volume you still have to constantly update if you ever want anything to move. I don’t think I ever claimed to be a trader? It was just something I enjoyed doing, so when those changes were introduced it killed any incentive for me to bother continuing to do it and I’m focusing more on industry now.

Above you said you done it as a profession.
Try trade with something that sells, and you don’t have to bother with 0.01-ing.
Anyway, it’s more better for traders that 0.01-ing is not allowed anymore, and you have a lot of taxing. Now people who really understand the market and demand, etc can trade and not ruined by people who cant.

It was something I mainly focused on and considered my profession because of that focus, but that by no means meant I got involved in every faucet of trading I just stuck to station trading since I enjoyed it. I still think those changes hurt more than they supposedly helped, especially on small volume.

It hurts only the ones who have no idea what items they are trading.

1 Like

Some people will find the positive in the fact the status quo is not being maintained.

I don’t think CCP are focused on what is positive and what isn’t. They seem to be focused on what can reduce the wealth in-game.

2 Likes

When the economy kinda broke from too much farming.

But it’s also to try and create opportunities for ‘more considerate’ gameplay.

That you can get standings with both Eden and Trig now so you dont have to have anything to do with that silly nonesense?

The mineral changes are all around positive. The new trig stuff seems interesting apart from the PvE grind required.

EVE has been fairly stagnant for a long time and has been in a pattern of “farm Null for massive wealth” (and a few other types of farming) for years now. The resouce accumulation has become stupendous. It’s led to ridiculous power bloat in a number of areas of the game which has distorted anything like normal game-play out of balance.

CCP at this point had some choices: tweak the game a little bit to generate some interest for a couple weeks, hope that keeps interest in the game alive for another month, repeat. (This is what they’ve been doing for the past 10 years, for instance.)

Another option was to make significant, widespread changes to certain basic game mechanics to address the massive wealth buildups in some sectors, and limit the further farming of wealth. This is the path they’ve taken, however the effectiveness of the steps they’ve used is questionable.

As your OP implies, the majority of the steps they’ve taken amount to repeated blows against various gameplay styles. “The floggings will continue until morale improves” isn’t the smartest way to improve a game, but apparently CCP thinks everyone is so committed to EVE that there’s no need to throw in some painkillers along with the pain.

The economy may improve. The new Trig space might turn out to be interesting. I haven’t seen anything yet myself that restores widespread interest in either PvE or PvP, and CCP’s own stats show that activity and interest in most areas of the game is down significantly.

It’s good that CCP is trying to “fix” their game. It’s unfortunate that the method they chose to fix it involves making all the same kind of poor decisions and bad design that broke the game in the first place.

8 Likes

I’m not convinced that isn’t just a bug (like the +0.01 status to the Trigs, which used to be neutral to Edencom ships, suddenly making you their target instead) - I’m going to wait and see before I send all my alts off to kill a few Rogue Drones…

1 Like

Thats fair.

I only heard a rumour that it was intended, so I hear ya on that.

1 Like

EVE is so varied and multifaceted that there is no reason to be bored, other than one’s own reluctance of trying other activities and/or venturing outside their usual area for a change. Some of these changes add more complexity, not detract from it. If you only want to do missions and nothing else, if that truly is an interesting game play for you, then you will still be able to do that.

With the Niarja thing – players DID DO something. All these systems that were turned either Triglavian or EDENCOM are direct results of player actions. These weren’t NPC-induced results. In case of Niarja, the players who wanted it to turn Triglavian had more will than the ones who wanted EDENCOM to win. You might not like the result, but this was directly the result of player actions. I think that is amazing, that CCP gave players the ability to influence the game geography like that.

And whether someone likes it or not, it does say something about which way the wind blows. If Niarja’s status as high sec had been so important then there would have been an overwhelming or at least an equal force to stop the Triglavian invasion in that system. As it happened, those who wanted it to turn Triglavian, were in the majority. They fought for it, it’s fair they got their system.

It’s not to make the economy more healthy, it’s to make spending cash on PLEX more attractive.

3 Likes