Where's everyone going after EVE?

Now that the game is officially in it’s death throes.

5 Likes

I haven’t given up yet, but depending on what you like about Eve Online, you might like:

• Albion Online- Full Loot PvP in designated zones, Player Driven Economy, class determined by gear worn
  • Sea of Thieves- I’m not sure, but I’ve heard other Eve players express an interest in it
  • Starborne- If Civilization was an MMO set in space
  • Elite Dangerous- Heavy PvE Focus
  • Dual Universe- Minecraft meets Eve Online (Note that the game is still in open beta)
3 Likes

I tried Albion. It’s a 2D playspace… and that’s okay except… the PvP mechanics are ruined by the mounting/dismounting cooldowns and stuff.

Starborne was cool.

I’ll check the others out.

1 Like

Here is a response from Elon Musk on the state of Eve’s future.

This should blow your mind for a while.

5 Likes

Oh, have I missed the official RIP announcement? As long I have fun in playing the game I don’t care.

2 Likes

You just destroyed my mind.

Try this Elon Musk Rick GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

2 Likes

I am now vegetable.

I’m here for the long haul. My Omega extends into 2023 and I plan to renew.

I have lots of things of things still to do in New Eden.

7 Likes

The game has been in its death throes since 2006.

Poor poor game. Someone should really put it out of its misery.

3 Likes

Probably Factorio or something idk.

Well they did say it’s 14 years beyond it’s best before date.

2 Likes

I went down a long dark tunnel with a bright light at the end…where the ghosts of 50,000 past Eve players said ’ go back…it’s not your time yet ’

6 Likes

And in a place between the darkness
And the break of dawn
I found a ruined building
Filled with a strange congregation

They were singing a forlorn hymn
Their voices like a cracked orchestra
Fascinated, I ventured inside
In the half-light I scrutinized their faces
Their features were worn thin like old coats
Hung with the wounds of war
Drawn, hollow, bereft of certainty

1 Like

For my mining addiction needs.

X series for other “sandbox” vibes

As far as MMO’s go I started playing Tibia again. For old EVE sub price I get three months of sub/premium…

I chuckled at this, because I watched @Mike_Azariah’s talk on game longevity from FanFest this morning.

1 Like

Glad they called that Rings of Saturn and not Rings of Uranus.

Since stopping EVE online, my only long-haul games have been World of Warships (more than two years, but probably now the game is FUBAR) and War Thunder (about a year and a half, maybe). Also have played other games for shorter periods, and tried some that didn’t stick.

There’s no real equivalent to EVE Online, neither to CCP Games as a games developer.

BTW, last time I estimated EVE Online’s demise to November 2023. Probably should skip to a later date but after 5 whole years without a sub and barely logging in into TQ I’m not that much interested with EVE drama. So now CCP is eventually launching a Spanish client, a mere 14 years after I first donwloaded the client and started it to this opening…

And now after Fanfest there’s some more “meh” and some “eventually” and some “o’rly”. To me, what a ride it was for 9 years, most of them bad-ish. Some memories are held. Also enough of a grudge to remind CCP that they will burn in hell for F-up Incarna. And then… there’s plenty fish in the gaming sea, more than I’d care to catch.

3 Likes

Here was mine:

It felt so good to login in those days.

4 Likes

And then this:

:wink:

Stay clear of DU until they figure out if they are going to wipe their ‘persistent’ universe on launch or not. If people think that CCP is a horrible company, with terrible communication, huge price increases, unfulfilled promises, and general undependability… Boy are you in for a surprise! NQ is worse on all fronts then CCP (43% price increase for example), including success…

I’ve been playing it intensely (multiple accounts) since the start of beta, where they indicated that a wipe would be extremely unlikely, on April the 14th they made an announcement that now indicates that a wipe is pretty much a done deal, they are just deciding on how much they are going to wipe. We’re expecting everything, including skill points…