Where's everyone going after EVE?

Expect the worst. Hope for the best.

Hi Xuixien,

To answer your question, you still need to know where to go exactly, as the offer in 2022 ultimately turns out to be much richer than it seems, and this is far from any form of propaganda and communication of influence ad nauseam:

In this Top 25, some are not MMOs per se, others are beta versions or have not yet appeared, and you will notice here the (temporary) absence of Star Citizen which is still in open Alpha version (Chris Roberts just mentioned very recently the probable imminence of the beta version after more than 10 years of development - 2023? - we’ll see), as well as the absence of EvE Online judged indeed in agony as you say you even here…

And if you wanted to know through this topic what would still be the best space opera of all time today, then I can’t advise you enough to stay tuned to this exceptional science fiction channel, where EvE Online still has its place, but for how long:

Q. When science fiction is a real passion, hey! of course, it helps to orient oneself in the twists and turns of the gamosphere. Above all, it opens your eyes and allows you to see elsewhere if I am there…

So. Try To Fly Safe Again. Or not.

Ully Loom

I downloaded the client and was pondering to pocket out a month’s sub, but eventually just uninstalled and started an alt in Chimeraland SEA (they’re opening, or have open, some NA servers in Canada, but I’m a person of habits and just have grown used to being -6 hours from the servers).

What killed DU to me was a video which very convincingly painted it as a box filled with sand and no gameplay at all. No physics, no curated scenery, no NPCs, just grind and wait to build and grind and wait some more until you got buildings with no reason to own and spaceships with nothing much to do nor anywhere to go.

Frankly, Chimeraland is sticking with me because of houses as places to do stuff in/from and enjoying the views. Laying on a bed on the roof of your home and just watch the night sky (the BEAUTIFUL night sky) while water flows in the river and crickets do their cricket thing… then comes dawn and birds replace crickets… and there’s no pressure to do anything (but you can do many things) and just is relaxing.

Also is a game that rarely bothers the player, from a developer targeted at young audiences which actively avoids bothering. Like, removing your house to build a new one is stressing. No worry: now there’s a blueprint feature to save and rebuild your house. First blueprint slot is free, next come for a premium currency.

And so I’m considering to build and save a “default” travel home to travel around the world and settle temporarily at different spots. Like, why not?

It’s a game. Games are to be enjoyed. CCP and EVE use to go out of its way just to be the opposite of enjoyable and call it a feature.

That floats their boat, huh. Until no longer.

Eve isn’t really dying its just in a suspended animation waiting for the devs to bring out actual content before it booms again:

1 Like

Thats a horrible way to measure EVE or any MMORPG’s population, please dont use it ever again. It literally uses Reddit activity as its primary metric and we all know more people post on the r/EVE subreddit than still play EVE.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how subs and active players is going up but PCU is going down…?

Eve ruined MMO’s for me.

It was my first and only one i have been able to enjoy for any length of time.

There have been others, but they never hold my interest more than a couple months and never call to me, luring me back the way Eve does.

I’ll be here, in between occasional breaks, until they turn off the lights.

To answer the original question, i’ve spent a lot of time in paradox games the last tow years and recently Satisfactory. As to MMO’s the last one i really enjoyed was ArchAge but that went crazy P2W after a year or so from release.

2 Likes

Perhaps I’ll start playing ESO again. Fun game.

1 Like

After EVE I will go back to single-player games. I may continue to play World of Warships on occasions because I do have fun playing that thanks to Co-op but overall I rather play video games solo.
P2W, Microtransactions and player toxicity have ruined MMO’s for me.

I don’t know. I’m too old for video games at this point.

1 Like

To find employment.

Starcitizen

Ha ha, nah.

Found my MMO fix in FFXIV, although that is a completely different game, I really like how the devs actually give a ■■■■ to make it fun and keep even the cosmetics shop out of the game.

Additionally, it’s even worth playing for the story alone, which is the best I have ever experienced in any game by a long shot.

2 Likes

to RL hopefully will see how it goes.

Gonna touch some grass?

O I already cut some from outside and glued it onto my mouse, so that’s a check on the bucket list.

1 Like

Voxel spacegame, good fun online and Single player

Avorion

I think Voxel is the right term xD

Isn’t blatant advertising of competing games against the forum rules?

It’s out of pod experience thou this is the place for it.

That’s silly, can’t be expected to only play one game.

The game will hit it’s 20th anniversary with lots of hype and many articles in the gaming press, get a load more people trying the game. Then take a headlong dive into obscurity before slowly falling into the abyss. The dev’s have roughly 12 month to save the game imo, i’ll be here till the servers go dark.