Where's everyone going after EVE?

I left the game in scarcity for the first time, came back and left again after the price increase.

I‘m in space games, whether MMO or not. So I tried:

Star Citizen: yes it’s a game now - even in its current state. For me it’s the most immersive space game

X4: great game. The problem is - it’s only single player

Elite: great but It’s dying

Actually I play Star Trek Online. Great game with good story arcs and interesting spaceships

1 Like

EvE Offline:

1 Like

I’m not going to pick up any new MMO after this one.

I’ll to continue to occasionally log in and enjoy some small things in EVE and check if there’s any improvements made, but this is it for the genre. Enjoy the old game while it lasts.

I’m looking around and I’m seeing what Netease is going for on the Chinese EVE server (no ship losses, always green safety, ship collection bonuses, etc.) and I’m also looking back on declining MMOs from the past and the recurring pattern I’m seeing, isn’t good.

Just not worth it to spend much time on a new promising MMO. It’ll probably just go to ■■■■. Between greedy shareholders, fanatic whales, turbo-nerds and gold sellers, it seems you cannot have nice things in the long run.

I’m just going to sample the best from a wide variety of genres from now on. Turn-based strategy, RTS, shooters, point&click adventure games, roguelikes… but no more MMOs.

pitty about the imerium part of of the name, eve has kind of soured that xD

1 Like

I hear they’re going woke

After logging out today I shall try to finish reading Everytime with a Highlander

1 Like

Ashes of Creation

i am an absolute idiot i had no clue

can we save it in any way appeal to the greater gamer community to save eve. i think non eve gamers many surprise you all. worst case nothing changes

i will take that vid of youtube immediately SOZ once again

also didnt read it so nice one if troll post :slight_smile:

to bed, usually

Everyone missed the Luminaire : Leviathan event which was cool. Everyday a mass of Caldari ships, frigs to battleships, would appear at the Leviathan. Capsuleer’s would scramble to take out the fleet of ships for ISK and loot. Many loot flippers also showed up to get their prizes that resulted in PvP derived from PvE.

Such an event needs brought back in the form of a large Drifter, Triglavian, or Sleeper ship and even a Sansha Super ship or some other NPC faction.

All combat would be in High Sector and would draw PvEr’s as well as PvPer’s.

1 Like

Sea of thieves, starscape (if it is still alive), space enginers

Back to my day job.

Oh no, hopefully there’s enough baby seals left for the both of us.

First find first club.

Probably going way back to playing tabletop games with actual people. I think I am done with live service games in general. I’ve seen my efforts get trashed thanks to some update a few times too many. I’ve been playing Stellaris MP a lot with a friend lately.

On a sidenote, this year I became 40 years old. I’m not sure it’s me or the gaming industry being what it is these days, but I might finally have lost my interest in video games in general.

I’ve been a PC gamer for 30 years, and online gamer for 14. Not tired yet but I do tend to play a single game for long stretches. Like, putting 3000+ hours into War Thunder for over 2 years, despite how bad I am at it and how I hate it half of the time. And I still would be playing World of Warships if Wargaming hadn’t TARFUed it…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.