Why are Custom Offices so Tough

Remember when I said this?

Or this?

Yeah, still no reply to these.

Feel free to do so, though. I’ll wait.

Says you. Everyone else here seems to disagree with your position.

Nerds please, relax, take a :beer:, take your pills and go back again to discussing pocos​:innocent:

1 Like

So still nothing new…wow…disappointing…

Please try harder…

So where were the replies to those? I can’t seem to find it. If it’s nothing new, then surely you’ve already addressed it, right?

Yep…you need to look harder. You can do it…I know you can…

In other words, you didnt. Cool, thanks for telling me.

No that’s not the case…I can’t spoon feed to everything…you just need to grow-up a bit and go look for yourself. Cool right!

It seems to be the case. How about this. I’ll have Elizabeth Norn hold a billion isk in escrow, and have her send it to you if I am wrong.

I dunno… while I like the reinforcement mechanics, because they make it so that both attackers and defenders can be present and have time to rally for the fight, I feel like they botched the specifics.

Outside of highsec where you can have capitals, the minimum dps, maximum dps, and EHP should all be like 15-50x higher than they are. Busting a structure should require either an utterly stupid number of subs, or a realistic number of capital ships. Coupled of course with making sure that Capitals themselves are vulnerable to subs and thus need to be supported against subs.

Subs should not realistically stand a chance to kill a structure. I mean sure if you bring enough, whatever. But “enough” should be hundreds of battleships. And a citadel should be able to utterly face-rape any subcapital fleet single-handedly.

Capitals, on the other hand, should be vulnerable to subs, but be the go-to for structure grinding, especially as the structure gets larger. The citadel should not be able to do meaningful damage to a proper capital fleet, where the capitals should be the only things with enough firepower to actually dps cap it (and generally the only ones enough to even hit the minimum to stop the timer).

As it stands, a couple dreads will cap out most structures. Unless you’re hitting a keepstar and you’ve got major tidi, there’s no need at all to bring more than a couple dreads.

Structure warfare should be capitals attacking the structure from outside of its engagement range (seige!), while the subs protect their capitals from other subs. If the subs, or hell even the capitals, get within its engagement range, it brings the pain.

2 Likes

How about this. Just say something that’s new and important that adds to the thread. Can you just do that?

I already did. If you never responded to it, then it’s still new. That’s how am argument works.

If you never responded to it, the argument still stands.

How do you specifically feel though about how tough POCOs are relative to say, A Rait?

But again, I did…come on man, this is getting embarrassing for you. It’s all there in text already.

2nd question (off topic of the main thread mind you)…

If structures were way harder to kill, wouldn’t logic then dictate they should be way harder to get? I mean, space is getting clogged-up with the damn things in some systems…

Sure, that’s why you keep insisting on moving on.

Everyone sees what you’re doing here. Sad, really.

I feel it depends on where it is. I’d like to see different sizes of pocos (with limits in highsec on account of no capitals). I want to see capitals needed to bash the larger ones.

If you just want to drop pocos in null (example), you can drop the small ones and subs can kill them pretty easily. If you want to make them a harder target, drop bigger ones and it’ll take caps to make it happen faster.

I want to see the attackers on grid for a good 20 minutes, minimum, if they hit the dps cap. That gives plenty of time for people to respond, which of course is the definition of content. I wouldn’t want reinforcement timers just for pocos though, just a single fight to destroy the structure.

1 Like

Yes. Good thing that pocos are the easiest thing to take down. You can literally kill one in a frigate.

Oh well, dry your eyes and move on then if you can’t deal with it…sad really.

Are you talking to yourself in the mirror?

My guess is that’s where CCP will go with POCOc IF they ever get around to them…probably the same mechanics as stations but with shorter windows…and/or much lower HP.

Who know…just hope the do it one day…