Why do people dislike people who gank

Gankers are hated because carebears are failures in real life and come to EVE to try to have some small success. When they realise that even in video games they are failures, they still can’t accept that it’s on them to change.

It’s much easier to blame the ganker and project all of the things they know are wrong about themselves, onto the gankers instead.

4 Likes

Its wery simple.

1. no warning newbros are not warned or thought about this mechanic. All they see is criminals so they automaticly thought you doing something wrong.

2. no counterplay. -10 characters that fly cheap catalist have 0 reprocautions. They still can theter they still can travel thru hi sec 0 skill required and basicli no risk hi reward mechanic. There is no way to efectively punish ganker in any meaningfull way. All you can do is to make his ganks harder so he move to easier targets.

3. gankers dictate ships fits and limit player engagement whit game. You want to fly glass cannon sniper fit and shoot npc from far. Then you are dumb noob and shud learn the game. Yes this is what you hear from gankers or ganking supporters basicli play the game as they want you to play it. There is a big diference in meta and player dictate. Players shud be allowed to fly bad fits and learn not be dictated by groop whit 0 counterplay what they shud and shudnt do.

4. hi sec is promoted as save zone where players supose to learn the game. In reality thx to gankers you learn more in null sec then hi sec. There is masive diference being ganked by 20 catalists whit 0 skill hiden in mass of people. And die cause you dont watch local.

5. ganking is bad for game. Ganking removing unproportional size of population from the game. Well this pont whudnt be problem in past but now when eve strugling to keep people playing this i
    Simply iznt good. Im all for survival of the fittest but all the same im dont beleve eve shud be stressfull game.

To prove my point if ganking was removed tomorrow im garant you eve populatiion whud spike imidietly.

1 Like

and i have a theory
the monetary value of the loss is of course terrible
but if no one gets to know… between you and me here …
they would get it better
but the killboard makes it public , and people hate to be the loser
there is people that have ladder anxiety and refuse to 1v1 on starcraft
thats why i say , even if the ships cost twice as cheap they will not fight

Nonsense. I knew about ganking my first day in EvE.

Everybody knows that this is a PvP game.

yesterday i was coming back home and there was 2 ventures on dscam
on my home system
usually i don’t go after miners , but it was home so i jumped to the belt
one of them warped of , the other don’t , i killed him
he complain on local
said i suck
i said :frowning:
he told me he just began to play
i promptly refund him three times the value of his ship , said i shot people here because this is low sec
he apeared to be satisfied
and now he knows

the point is , you don’t know , until you know

Great did you warned him before the kill? No so he wasnt warned in advance my point stand.

1 Like

ofc not
if i warned he would have escaped

1 Like

Counterstrike is a pvp game to but you dont get shoot on loby loose all weapons and get told learn the game

3 Likes

thats why EVE pvp is so exciting
one kill in eve is much more meaningful than one kill in CS

Highsec is not a loby.

:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

When a new player enters lowsec, the game puts up a warning about the dangers and that the player might be shot anyime.

So no, your point doesn’t stand, because CCP do actually warn newbros leaving highsec of the dangers of doing so.

7 Likes

Yes. Because then people wouldn’t mine and the economy would collapse.

EVE is a complex game. Most people who haven’t played MMOs much or even a variety of MMOs like this one, often have no idea what their suggestions will do to the greater gamescape.

Like when people want risk free ISK making.

Of course I would argue there is already, in the form of null. But that is player created at least.

This can’t be a real post.

Uh. Have you played CS or Val? Way more toxic than EVE ROFL.

Thats you. I just like to win fights. Doesnt matter to me how much more they have spare stuff, what they bring or how much they will bring. Its limitless anyway, theoretically. You are repeating CCP propaganda, that makes whales spend more money. In EVE what truly matters is GF, not some “power”.

Everyone have it in fact, already. In game asteroids or moons are always regenerating. What limits people is time, their time is not limitless. If they would mine enought, they would have time for more GF. Mining is stupid. Nobody should do it.

Ganking doesnt have much impact anyway, contrary to what some people think about it. The numbers OP wrote are without any merit. There was a thread here in forums that showed its only a great conversation subject, and impact is overestimated.

You have…2 solo kills? And one of them was an anti-gank kill? What you do isn’t really “fighting”—it’s just contributing health and damage to a fleet engagement pass/fail calculation.

But that aside, your notion of players fighting “for GFs” stems from your perception of this game not as an open-world PvP MMO, but as a team deathmatch game. You of course have the right to perceive it as such, but that doesn’t mean that your perception is in line with the intent of the game’s original developers, who wanted to position it as far away from traditional WoW battlegrounds as possible.

Unless the resources are in your hangar, you do not possess them. By your logic, everyone in real life has (effectively) unlimited money; all the have to do is go out and contribute some time so that it is transferred to them.

The game’s environment having the capacity to generate limitless resources isn’t the same thing as players having limitless resources.

Mining is needed :smiley:

Im talking about ganking. This entire toopic is about ganking. Ganking happens only in hi sec. So if you responding to totali unrelated stuff then wtf

1 Like

I hate to say it, but it is better now than it was even a few weeks ago. My kill board is pretty devoid of 1v1 frig fights because for a few weeks straight I’d roam for hours in EU timezone and find 1 or 2 people in space max and they’d simply warp out of plexes when I hit 1AU on D-scan.

There’s things to say about each militia (Amarr, Minmatar) that keeps those folks motivated and in space. And they’re very different things, from what I can tell. Minmatar explode in participation briefly when there are objectives to fight over, including for RP reasons. Then they disappear once that’s gone. Amarrians tend to fight for more meta-game reasons over a consistent period of time. But that means they play to win and don’t tend to grant 1v1 solo frig fights, instead ready to multibox you.

Maybe it is different in USTZ but this is the experience in EU TZ.

1 Like

Burned by a carebear on top of that. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

:snowflake:

1 Like

Yet you responded to a guy posting about killing a Venture in lowsec and complained that because he didn’t give a warning beforehand, your point still stands.

If you are only considering suicide ganking, then why even respond to a post about lowsec pvp and relate it to the point you were trying to make?

1 Like