Why Do We Even Have Forums?

It’s easier to post there, I will admit. Can also get away with more.

All you need to do is read the “Mood” Of the topic and post in a way that Works with it. Anyone who doesn’t, the post is downvoted and the post is gone.

5 Likes

CCP staff should return here to post.

Read whatever they want elsewhere, but this is the official and best place to deal with those issues, for a plethora of real reasons I stated above.

To be direct and frank, its fking stupid, dangerous and unjustifiable that devs prioritize a player run platform over their own official one, for a long list of real reasons.

2 Likes

That’s not for you or anyone but themselves to decide.

Yes, but that’s not the same. CCP does not do it, players do. Huge difference. Players will allow more harmful stuff to go unmoderated than CCP paid employees.

I don’t suspect you’ve been in this community longer than I have (I’ve been here since 2004). I’ve seen some stuff on these forums over the years. This is likely why so many like Reddit better.

Whereas a lone ISD can delete a post here with no need to even say why, simply because he doesn’t like something. And players downvote here also, that’s what the “hidden by community” thing is when others here don’t like something.

Where players post, doesnt matter.

If the devs post/read HERE, so will the players.

2 Likes

Then why am I not posting on reddit where the devs are, but here where they’re not? Your logic fell apart.

1 Like

An ISD who is 100% required to say way because CCP has full logs of everything he does…

You tell us why you are posting here.

We only take action when we deem a post or thread is in violation of the forum rules. Even if there were a rogue ISD here, you would always have the option to file a support ticket about it and have CCP look at the case.

Even your post would break the forum rules, but its still here. Seems we are not so bad hm? :wink:

6 Likes

Those are not downvotes, they are flags. You could possibly argue they are the same, but they are not. Flags are checked by Staff, and if it is false flagging, the post is restored.

And it never is because “WE don’t like something” Any Player can File a ticket on the actions of an ISD and it is reviewed by Members CCP Staff.

7 Likes

Where players post DOES MATTER.

Devs should go out to other communities and interact with them. Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, MMORPG.COM, EVE Fansites, where ever.

Complaining one community has more attention then the other only promotes devs to STOP POSTING. I think most of us could care less where they are communicating AS LONG AS THEY ARE COMMUNICATING.

This is seriously a topic about complaining the devs are communicating. I’ve never in my life seen a topic so silly that makes absolutely no sense.

You are wrong on that.

The issue is not whether they are communicating.
The issue is why they are doing so on a 3rd party, player-run/moderated site that stickies and rewards a moderator for a post that says simply “F*g”.

Instead they could be posting here, officially, with vetted moderation that protects them, the topic, the discussion, client participants, the EVE IP and CCPs reputation, on a platform that exists and is paid for that purpose.

1 Like

Please stay on topic and continue to discuss the topic on hand. Random comments that add nothing of value are not needed. Thanks.

3 Likes

I think you will have to ask Reddit users, I am there only acasionally to see memes and posters posted, or game leaks. But I am pretty sure he had “dont mind me, just walking out my swastikas”, as for symbol used, it looked like cross with broken arms.

EDIT: actually I found it
https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/3cd87s/what_is_up_with_the_ʖ_卐卐卐卐_dont_mind_me_just/

Ya know actively trying to get moderation activity by posting in a thread with moderators in it isn’t a good long term plan…

Yeah, he was using swastikas to indicate the mods were nazi’s. He’s an idiot, what can ya do.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Largely, but I would like to see different moderation levels, for example where people put forth ideas should be heavily moderated . CAOD should have a very light touch.

4. Yes

5. Yes

6. Yes, however people skip over stuff, I do, also you can block people in Reddit, Jenn just blocked me.

7. The only issue they have is if they post inappropriately with their CCP name which they do not as far as I can see, though what is inappropriate to me, is a lot smaller than others. For example that guy who posts with the swastika in Reddit, I had an exchange with him over it, I asked him if that was clever and he said yes. I think he is doing it for negative attention so I class him as a dick, however he has the right as far as I am concerned to be seen as a dick if he wants.

The question I have asked myself in terms of Falcon’s remark above is whether I am in fact right to find this a bit stupid, because CCP as a company has the HTFU attitude towards their game. In my view people should use the AFK cloaky thread to suggest ideas and advice, but it is so heavily trolled that no one bothers. And to blast the multitude of AFK claky threads that have not actually happened was a bit sad especially when it is failure of moderation of those threads IMO that results in people posting in GD, though often it is ignorance too.

I have seen people who raised a thread go there and then be trolled really badly and I think that is an issue, mechanics and issues around them should not be trolled like that in a forum.

As for the reddit moderator who used the F*g word, I have already judged that guy as pretty goddam terribad, I have no time for him at all, however it is a platform which is pretty lightly moderated and thus allows people to say what they want.

The down votes are an issue as this post said it so well:

Years ago I was asked why I did not go into RL politics, and my answer was simple, no one would vote for me because I would tell them the truth as I see it. And the same thing with Reddit, I say some things which the herd mentality does not like, I have an issue with the balance around bumping, and an issue around the AFK part of AFK cloaky camping. There are so many sheep that think follow the cool kids club that will take the line of certain gankers and HTFU players that I would get down voted to oblivion and back. So I have never raised those issues on Reddit and I never will. Doing something that is always going to fail is not worth doing.

However this part is wrong.

I have seen many people give up on posting to the Eve forums under especially nasty personal attacks. When they cannot deal with the ideas, they go after the person. And these people are left to do it again and again. You know who these people are, as do I.

In the end I thought these forums were better than what they were, but what destroyed them for me was Falcon deleting my posts on bumping and pretending it was because there was something that was breaking the EULA, there was not. He runs the forums, but if he can act so unprofessionally then it gets to the point where it is not worth it.

Which is why I decided in this thread to say what I think about his failure in terms of the forums like this, I have felt this for a long time, but if I feel that I can no longer post something like I did and it gets deleted in such a bad way then this forum is not what I thought it was and I will no longer give him the benefit of the doubt.

Still as I said, forums should be designed for purpose, in the ideal world we would have a almost open to anything CAOD, and a well moderated features and ideas section where the devs could feel happy. If someone came into the AFK cloaky thread to say this is terrible gameplay, without offering any idea to improve it, he is just as bad as the person who came in and said it is because of local get better at Eve, both should be told to cut it out…

Anyway, whatever…

PS I can say one thing however, I am enjoying the game at the moment a lot…

3 Likes

Yea, what about that bumping timer CCP?

I don’t know how true this is, but I was told that someone with their finger on the community told the devs that there was no desire for it in the community. Which kinda surprised me a lot, because there was definitely a heavy desire for it in a certain part of the community.