Why Do We Even Have Forums?

No, I do like the answer, only do I still have my question. It was a defensive answer and I don’t hold it against you if that’s what you’re worried about.

Story time!

I remember why I got my forum ban now. I was pointing out the problem with false dichotomies by using one: there are two kinds of people in this world; those who think in false dichotomies, and penguins. See, the joke is that no one is actually a penguin.

Unfortunately, someone’s interpretation of that was that I was calling everyone who didn’t think in false dichotomies gay, and I got a rather swift ban, because apparently, penguin = homosexual. Anyway, obviously, that’s not what I was saying, and it was quickly cleared up in appeal.

Fun times.

LOL! Do you have a script running that alerts on the words AFK cloaking?

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

Maybe scrap the <3 system for a more functional alternative. Getting a <3 is a lot like an upvote or like on other sites. Maybe something like a tag system, like zkill. Maybe zkill could just handle the forums, they seem to get it. Maybe we’d even get better features, like forum bios that are anything accept what we’re stuck with atm.

Eve is a subset of the way society has gone in general, there has been a massive decline in terms of civility which has developed into more bitterness and anger and into real hate. Have you read the Rules for Radicals for example, well what has happened now is that many people on the right have now read it too, but the thing is the whole objective is to shut down people who have different views rather than let people decide that they are wrong. You can always tell when people go after the person and not the issue they have raised.

Which is why I said you should lay off of the take your meds as a comment, in other words you called them a looney that need to take their meds to keep sane. And the other person getting that comment marks you as a snide plonker. Sad really, but you create that for yourself.

PS I have to ask you this you said this on Reddit under a post by Malcannis.

I for one miss you bro there. I’m Jenn aSide btw, I still enforce your law at every opportunity :slight_smile:

Are you on some sort of crusdae under the cult of Malcannis? What the hell is that all about?

1 Like

Yeah, it is. But the alternative - thirty posts saying “this”- is worse.

I was glad when we first got the like system as it instantly uncluttered the forum. One of the few truly positive changes I can point to.

1 Like

scrap the like system all together then, minimise the impact trolls have by minimising the possible rewards for them.

While I’m making suggestions, can we get an app that’s worth a f***? If runescape can make an app that allows you to manage orders on the go several years ago, surely EVE deserves an equivalent? A forums app might also be nice.

Just delete the forum

Just like happens with every other thread the same 5 posters ■■■■ the thread up

The irony is that some of the jusiest threads are in fact the locked ones. Strange that with this new Forum you can still edit your posts and even give likes in locked threads.
:rofl:

2 Likes

ISD locks aren’t quite as hard as @CCP_Falcon paunch.

1 Like

Paunch or punch? I mean, it’s funny either way you word it… :rofl:
(don’t you just hate editing on mobile?)

I like how the most active post this month is a post about why we even post…

2 Likes

Kitten Intermission.

7 Likes

Okay. Scratching my head over that one.

What rewards?

It makes not one iota of difference whether a post gets zero likes or a hundred. At least as far as the forum goes.

How it affects those of fragile ego that base their own self worth over what strangers on a forum do with their like button is a whole other story.

2 Likes

Please, there is no reason to idolize the man.

Did you you know that the first thing that comes to his mind after the game has shut down is to update his LinkedIn profile?

That’s not what you’d expect to read from a community manager, is it? You’d expect him to say something like he’s going to miss his job, miss his colleagues and to miss us. Instead, he’s getting ready to manage any other forum if only he can get his hands on it. It should scare you and not make you idolize him.

1 Like

Sadly you look between lines that do not exist.

5 Likes

Who are you replying to? Is it me?

If so, then I agree, one cannot find in others what they don’t have.

1 Like

From what Linus Gorp said in this thread it was winning forum PvP…, which is to upset the person who posted, make him feel bested by the other guy and made to look stupid to others. That is the reward of the troll.

2 Likes

Professional site needing professional attention? I see no problems with that.