Why do you like & play EVE?

So I’m curious.

Please state your reasons for liking and playing EVE.
Also, please say what it is that kept you in the game.
Thank you so much to those who reply. I’m actually very curious.

And since I wouldn’t ask questions of others that I wouldn’t answer:
I like and play EVE because it’s amusing to think I’m flying in space - even if EVE’s space isn’t like real space, I love the art of EVE, the music is very nice, all the ships look great and with good graphics it’s even better.

What kept me in the game is the PvE and what gives that spice is the PvP. Also, there is always someone willing to chat in the game and always someone nice enough to explain things.

1 Like

Why I started was for the small corp wars. Destruction everywhere. Smack talk and getting to know ppl from all over the planet in local where you could help or try to get a point on the loudmouth when he tries to make a run for it. :laughing: WD’ing the null blk’s to the point they would come out of null after you. (Those that had the standings if I remember correctly) Bitter old vets even back then! The thrill of outplaying your enemy. 50/60k players on. Etc.

Why I stayed was that I had hopes of CCP wanting those numbers back. Guess not…

2 Likes

Interactions with other players in a competitive environment. NPC are boring, predictable and lack any sort of longevity game play wise. People are interesting (if only in small doses) and allow for interesting game play (both teamwork as opposition wise) and allow for memorable experiences.

1 Like

I like to piss off my doctors…

1 Like

:sweat_smile: Just as long as they’re not your brain surgeons, right?

I don’t care who they are…

1 Like

SPAAAAAAAACE!!! Joined in late 2008, stayed for the pew pews early on, keep coming back after breaks for the lore and I think the game and my life is in a state where I want to return full time.

1 Like

Joined in 2008 due to watching Exploration vids made by a character named D’Nightmare…

Staying until CCP shuts down the server so I can say ‘I Was There…It Was Real’. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks!
I also want to be there for it, so I can tell my grandkids what all transpired and say I was a part, small as it is, of online gaming history.

1 Like

For me, it was the challenge and risk as a solo player to succeed in the game…and I did… It was the market changes and PA undercutting player investments that got me to quit a couple years back… Thinking of returning because there is much about the ship and game dynamics that I enjoy over ED and SC…

1 Like