Why do you play in Highsec space?

I am sure even more ridiculous ideas have been going thru their heads. Doesnt need to be spoken.

1 Like

I don’t have time to invest in Null or Low sec. So high Sec it is

3 Likes

I still do most of my stuff in high sec
Jita trading for sure
Buying stuff and selling stuff
I still do some manufacturing there when the profit is good because I am lazy doing that in nullsec
Suspect baiting sometimes is still lulz, or stealing mission objectives of mission runners lol
Sometimes I just get bored and go to jita to look for wardeckers or shoot suspects

In the end, I certainly keep spending more time in high-sec than null or low even if lately I am spending more time than before in lowsec

Obvious troll, obvious troll thread.

It looks like you’ve created a new [idiotic] profession for yourself. That is ok, eve is a sandbox game. If you wanna play the sorting hat and decide where players “belong” go right ahead.

I might create a new profession - watching you bark into the wind as you’re ignored.

“Supposed to be” doesn’t really fit in the sandbox.

1 Like

What’s the point of LS/NS? CBA with caps, there’s no money in it, the risk far outweighs the reward, I can’t store my **** there safely, it’s a right PIA to travel through, frankly the list is endless. I’m surprised there’s anybody there actually.

I do a lot of trading in HS, PVE and a bit of mining which keeps me busy. I used to live in Fade back in the day for a few years and I was always penniless. I really CBA with less than 0.5 these days, there isn’t that many folks there anyway compared with HS, and I make a small fortune in HS without having to look over my shoulder every 5 seconds, LS/NS it’s a PIA, keep it, I don’t miss it.

3 Likes

Without those major “towns” (hubs) and High Sec, where would null bears sell their stuff for ISK to get PLEX?

Why cut off your nose to spite your face?

As a roamer of W-space and null, where would I sell my loots if there was no major hubs and HS?

Where would you sell your PLEX you bought to get ISK if there was no HS?

Killing HS completely would be the end of Eve.

Nice last day of Eve event, make everything free for all carnage. We finally get to burn Jita.

Best place to pad my sec status and lower faction standing through missions safely XD

-4.37 with minmatard and -5. something with Gallente. Getting there :slight_smile:

The biggest reason is time. When I lived in a wormhole it would take hours to roll until you found a good farming hole, scan down anoms, close holes, form fleet up, and plow through anoms. Any investment less than 3 hours wasn’t really worth it.

Same thing with null. You log in, farm a little while waiting for a fleet, but the act of fleeting up, moving out, doing stuff, and coming back takes hours of dedicated time investment. I use to have time to do it, not so much anymore.

There’s also the stress factor. I used to be pretty stress free so I didn’t mind mashing d-scan and watching all the intel channels. Now I play games to relax, and if that means running a handful of high sec anoms in a cheap destroyer then that’s what I do. If someone blows up my T2 fit ship then whatever, but I’m not going to stress myself out trying to be hyper vigilant because that’s not why I play games anymore.

10 Likes

Rolling your hole. I just roam around holes freely. Sounds like too much effort to try to own a hole that has no ownership mechanics anyway.

We were putting 2-3 Nesters with faction mods in with 4-7 faction fit battleships. It was reasonable to assume we were putting 15b+ worth of stuff on grid, so we did our due diligence.

1 Like

It’s a bit odd how many people assume that “playing in high sec” means you’re doing it because of fear, lack of skills, lack of friends, etc.

85% of my play has been in high sec, maybe 90. Answer is simple: convenience and time. It’s been years since I did anything more in Eve than dabble in nostalgia by flying some ships out to do something or other in 30 minutes or less. Even when I played more heavily, there were ways to make the money and materials I needed to accomplish my goals in high sec or with fairly short dives into low or WH space.

Time and convenience are pretty significant motivators for most casual gamers, and quite a few more-serious players. Add that to uncertainty of risk, and lack of a progression path pointing you at significant low-null play (more significant than, say, an escalation or mission taking you to low), and you have a solid recipe for 80% of players living out their EVE life in high sec.

If CCP wanted more players outside of High, they’d provide more incentive than “hey, stick your neck out, see if your head gets blown off, maybe it’s worth it!”.

I think an equally (or more) legit question would be: “why do so many so-called 'PvP’ers confine their activities to high sec?”

11 Likes

Exactly my situation! Even for a simple HS FOB bashing fleet it takes a good while to get my friends together! The act of doing the FOB takes less time then the time to form up. That really resonated with me as a person who can’t really play for more then 3-4hrs in a sit down.

1 Like

My homebase is in high sec, none of my characters are in a null alliance, my PVE is largely in high sec (with some exploration in null but that’s more about sight seeing than income), part of my PvP is in high (hunting mission runners).

But I do lots of my PvP outside high sec, I also have 2 chars who permanently live in WH space (both pve and pvp), I have a dedicated FW character and my exploration char hasn’t been in HS in months.

The majority of people I run in to in HS are/have null alts. The majority of high sec mining corps are really just run by null alts to ensure they have a steady stream of cheap minerals for their production alt, who then log in from time to time to start new production and pretend they care.

I doubt there are very many “high sec players” other than newbies or super casuals. Most are simply EVE players who also, or perhaps even mostly, dabble in high sec.

2 Likes

@CCP_Rattati @CCP_Swift Any official comment on this from CCP?

How would we sell our stuff from W and null if we cannot move it to HS and sell it there?

Eve will die. This will NOT happen.

All of what you wrote is a clear indictment of the state and quality of the game. You seem to be dreaming of a game where nobody plays anymore. You’re literally talking about killing off the players that farm commodities that are sold in high sec markets in one breath and in the next you’re gushing over people that have to rely on separate accounts to survive in null/low-sec. You don’t even realize that you’re robbing Peter to pay Paul… Hardcore PVP games require vast numbers of casual gamers to support it. They pay, they play, they make the markets thrive. Stop biting the hands that feed you.

1 Like

It’s a troll who does this all the time, has multiple chars doing this.

2 Likes

New troll alt detected. You wasted a lof of time there typing that all out.

How is pointing out that the game is eating itself alive being a troll? Maybe because you’re the troll?

2 Likes

Hi NineBox, it doesn’t take long to look at the forum threads and realise that there are only a few very active topics. It goes something like - Highsec (ganking), Mining (ganking), State of the Game (ganking), Mechanics (ganking), Cheating (ganking) - you get the picture.

I don’t know your point of view - I didn’t look back in the thread - but if you are being called a Troll, then it’s a safe bet that it’s one of three or so regular posters here who are pointing the finger.

It’s like those cringeworthy school playground spats -

• No I’m not!
  • Yes you are!!

They see EVE as, essentially, Goodies Vs Baddies - the Baddies being any players who don’t suck up to them. It’s wearing, but survivable. I’m proof.

…Sorry to interrupt.

5 Likes