Why do you play in Highsec space?

I lost over 300 million ISK in ships test-mining in low sec, high sec, not-so-much.

For miners, high sec is just safer than low sec mining.

Don’t listen to him, nothing in WH space except ■■■■ ISK and Death. People like to brag and make false claims about their wormhole experience, go join TEST instead :stuck_out_tongue:

Low effort and low risk for 3, 4 and 5/10 sites.

1 Like

It isn’t hard to live in null, If you are part of a huge corp that is great you just have to pay attention to intel channels and keep an eye on local. If you are solo in 0.0 you just need to dual box and always scout using a t1 frigate you made from your loot refines, if the gate is camped don’t jump your pve ship.

Don’t pve in systems with unknown pilots unless you have an alt docked with them and you can see when they undock.

Take your time and be patient. Rinse and repeat the above and you will only lose t1 frigates. This is fact.

2 Likes

0.0 is awesome for pvp an in the old days also for pve. but these days you make more isk by run Abyssal in highsec.

I don’t feel the need to Omega and chase the shifting goalposts anymore. Last time I quit I managed to extract a lot of stuff out of 0.0 via wormhole. So it’s all sitting in hisec now, waiting for… the thing that makes me come back to the game. Like PA going bankrupt and selling the game or whatever.

Hello.
Interesting choice of words. What do you mean by “real parts” ? Sounds like you are suggesting that hisec, lowsec, wh, abyss… aren’t part of real space, which would mean that 60% or more of the players play in some fake and unreal parts of space and should not feel any pride in accomplishment but rather shame for attaining any results in the “fake” parts of space, in effect, nullifying any sense of progression and accomplishment.

I play in hisec simply because I don’t know enough about the mechanics of the game to go to Null and also because I haven’t been accepted to any corporation that lives in null, although I have applied to a handful of corporations after checking them.

Why’d you intentionally leave out Pochven, I bet you are one of those stuck-ups that thinks Pochven is lesser than other parts of New Eden. Shame on you.

I like ninja looting in Pochpoch.

My corp is in highsec for the time being, because that’s where the newbros tend to be. Some join and head straight away for lowsec and nullsec, but most of them are still running missions and such in highsec when we find them. Once we’ve gotten a good (read: big enough) group of consistent players, we’re headed back to nullsec.

I like the tranquility highsec often provides, though I’ve learned to appreciate the better-in-my-opinion gameplay in nullsec. When I first came to EVE I hated PvP, but now I enjoy it, and I miss it when I can’t go on roams with my corp because of IRL stuff. I still enjoy mining and industry more than PvP, but even I get the urge for space murder now and again, and that’s the sort of thing best done in nullsec.

2 Likes

while im in npc corp high sec will be my home after returning from a long lay off null sec for me as an industrialist was like having a second job on any given day withing 20mins of me logging in i was doing stuff not for myself but for everyone else.

in the end i found myself wanting to play other games and have fun so i took 5 yrs off from eve and only returned when i knew i was going to play it again on my terms and not some huge alliance dictate my playtime i can play solo when i want and engage people in local when i want some banter

It sounds like you lived in Sov which I personally find takes a lot of work, Sov is great if you’ve got lots of time to play but it is difficult if your time is limited.

I have stuck to NPC 0.0 for much of my game, although I have lived in Sov and Wormhole too. NPC 0.0 is very laid back there is no rush to do anything and no structures to maintain if you choose.

Yes, I do miss the banter. I’d like to start an easygoing corp in npc 0.0 one day and just play eve with some cool dudes, no stress, with plenty of banter.

1 Like

5/10 ded in high sec
Spectre fleet
mission runner
background music
general sense of peace

1 Like

Ive lived in every space but WH and Pochven. Everythings got its pros and cons imo. Different rules and ways to live and thrive. But most of my time is spent in high sec on alts these days. Guess spending long enough playing Eve has made me a bored vet, not bitter though. Just having done it all I enjoy dabbling on my alts in high these days. But if the mood strikes me maybe Ill again do more in other areas of space.

2 Likes

It’s down to personal preference not everyone enjoys the null aspect of this game. I’ve personally lived in a few null regions on my other character and did enjoy some of the aspects but hated most of them. My most enjoyable times back then was actually dodging pre nerfed dd’s and feeling a sense of accomplishment for surviving. My most hated times involved pos shooting (unless it had an egg), alarm clock op’s and yawnfest tidi battles. In regard to why I’m still in high sec, I like marketing even though its less profit, I still enjoy it and it relaxes me.

1 Like

Low sec is scary because it’s filled with people like me….

No, honestly, I used to be afraid of low sec / null / WH because of piratey people that like to blow things up.

Then I found a mentor and she taught me the ropes of low sec. And now, honestly I find high sec scary.

For me, it was the fear of loosing ships, and somehow that equating to me being bad at the game.

But now I know that’s utter rubbish. Loss of ships is expected, and it no way reflects upon the player personally.

Unless they start making death threats and what not.

1 Like

Yep. Its funny how much high sec peeps obsess over zkills, when us lowbies know death is a certainty.

5 Likes

Only two certainties in life: Death and Taxes

HS is for feeling like you’re part of the crowd, like watching a movie at the theater instead of the big screen at home.
LS is the best place to feel rewarded while playing, at least for me.
Null is for very skilled players who likely play too much.

Best