Why is everyone multiboxing so many accounts now

Maybe someone could make a parody song based on Informer by Snow (see below) with altered lyrics of course including replacing the word Informer with Skillfarmer.

:blush:

3 Likes

Or some sort of “Beer on the Wall” type song.

1124 verses so far.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Repeating the same BS doesn’t make it true.

Maybe fly with a better caliber of people?

Maybe go back to elementary school and learn basic math, then maybe (and thats a big maybe in your case) you understand why getting ganked in a freighter by 4 people and 10 alts each is a lot more probable than getting ganked by 40 real players that all joined up for a fleet.

5 Likes

Nah, I’ll just laugh at you while you get ganked while flying smart so I don’t. :rofl:

You have equal chances of getting ganked by 4 or 40, that being zero, if you don’t fly like a moron. :thinking:

1 Like

i hope you know that this is like saying that you have a greater chance of winning the lottery when you team up with 100 people to buy 1 ticket each over buying 100 tickets yourself.

thats not how probabilities work as @Syzygium tried to explain.

Because thats what CCP wants and they are Fools.

1 Like

reeee, u just went to complaining about ganking

learn reading

it eliminates the need for others rorq boost my own minning ships defend my own minning ships produce everything in indy i want cause i got plenty of slots free now i can rat a system and not worry cause if one gets tackled i got others to come and save it.

Why doesn’t CCP simply allow 3 accounts per player (IP) at the same time and prohibit multiboxing? The functionality can be integrated into the GUI.

2 Likes

And cut their revenue by 75%? Great plan there, champ…

2 Likes

At least the game doesn’t feel empty, all the systems are full, lots of pilots, lots of fleets, it’s a vibrant ecosystem, large crowds, many many players to engage with and tie those friendship knots… it’s heart-warming :blush:

Let’s face it…at the real heart of this multiboxing gripe is jealousy and not all the other things used as a smokescreen to hide that.

People are simply jealous that others can afford to run more than one account. If these people had their way, CCP would be running 5 year pig iron plans, the top ship in Eve would be called a Trabant, and bananas would be impossible to come by.

1 Like

Difference is that without multiboxing, wast majority of these kills would never happen.

3 Likes

If you ask me, I am doing it because everyone else is doing it so I need to be doing it to have a chance to compete.

I dislike multiboxing, in my opinion it kills what the games are about, but if it is supported by CPP and everyone does it, if you can’t beat them, join them right?

Plus CCP is designing everything in this game to require dozen players when the actual player count is only dropping. As @Syzygium mentioned, if we had to actualy get 10 real players (all with max skills for talos) to gank Freighter then there would be no freighters dying in highsec at all.

It is killing the game, but at the same time it is the only reason the game economy is still working because of choices CCP made.

5 Likes

Do you mind if I ask will you stay with the game?

I think the ‘problem’ is hugely over-estimated. And that’s because many of those who are multiboxing exist at the choke points that everyone goes through so it seems like there are more such multiboxers than there actually are. You can travel through vast regions of populated space with zero evidence of any chars all named the same, which makes it clear most people are not multiboxing. And aside from the similar names, there’s no way you’d know if they were. The entire ‘problem’ is selection bias…people who get riled about multiboxers tend to notice only them and not the other 50 people in the system who do not have similar names.

1 Like

No, gankers are the minority actually. There is much more 10+ mining, hauling and WH ratting flleets than is gankers. And then there are SP “farms”, PI farms and other industry farms. Do you really believe that CPP intented for these activities to be farmed by 20+ alts of same player? They tolerate it because it is a bussiness, but I doubt they foresaw this player development. Gankers are the most visible though,

And for other part of your post, so what are you saying then? If I thought that mutiboxing is a problem simply based on a selection bias due to the obvious multibox alts named the same, how the fact that there are likely much more, those without sane names, changes anything?

Shrinking player population leads to multi-boxing. Simple as that. I’m not going to wait for ten other players in my time zone to be on at the same time and day as me just so I can get some boosted mining done. I’m going to fire up my nine other accounts and just do it myself and not be at the mercy of other player’s schedules.