Why is everyone multiboxing so many accounts now

An example isn’t a complaint. @Vokan_Narkar has actually understood that, most likely because he is a professional HS ganker :sunglasses:

CCP would have to reduce freighter EHP. Freighters used to be waaaay less tanky until they got the EHP buff. Same for barges. If they remove multiboxing, the EHPs have to sink to keep its destruction so that woul not be a problem.

It is also way easier to micromanage 1 toon than micromanaging 5 toons. It is always better to have real players with you than doing the activity alone because of that reason.

Multiboxing is the answer to CCPs encouraging it, it is the way to play the game.

1 Like

No doubt about that. It’s the answer to CCPs cheap designs in may aspects of the game. And it brings them money, so for them it’s a win-win situation. I smell intention :slight_smile:

1 Like

totally agree, but the whole discussion is mostly fueled by salty people, that claim that the game became unplayable with “just one account” and this is just plain wrong.

there are a large number of players that are solo with a single character and just happy with what they do/have.
Others not even bothering to go Omega.

its just somethings for everyone, for any playstyle.

some activities are better multiboxed, others are bad and better as a group of natural persons and some even better done just by one character.

in short: Sandbox.

most of the complaining is just from people that crossed roads with one/some that engage into a different playstyle than themselfs.

1 Like

I suspect the real ‘problem’ is that a lot of people simply can’t be bothered with those mining and hauling, etc, activities. I’m with MacGybo when he argues why spend hours on end mining when you can mine Walletanium and have 1bn ISK in 5 minutes. I like Eve to be a fun game…not an 8 hours a day job. So, its just as well someone is either getting bored out of their brains watching a mining laser…or logging in 30 AFK alts to do such. And, of course, they provide fodder and thus content for gankers.

1 Like

No doubt about that. Most of them are however clueless about multiboxing being even possible. It is these players who are shocked and enraged when they get killed by 10+ gank multibox fleet and call it unfair. If they ever find out. It is insane how long can some players play the game, fly through choke points and never notice the Kusions, xTh of Many and other massive multiboxers.

These is always fun to read of people thinking about the obvious what they expect to see and other things that they do not see is not existent as they can’t think of it…

A) A fleet of 10 chars warping simultanously to the next gate or into a belt
→ has to be illegaly broadcasting commands, but disregards all the fleet controlling that CCP offers making it perfectly a non issue

B) A fleet of 10 chars where each one is sitting in its own system and doing stuff
→ never gets complained about nor even seen by the complainers

C) A fleet of 10 chars distributed over the tradehubs, doing their thing
→ never gets complained about nor even seen by the complainers

D) A fleet of 10 chars forming a cyno chain
→ …

4/5 of the multiboxing in the game you aren’t even seeing or knowing about and here you are complaining about 5 players that you actually seem to see while they are using perfectly legit mechanics. If it were illegal CCP would ban them as people like you are reporting them multiple times a day for the last 15 years or so.

I would stop complaining and playing and start to learn playing the game so it is fun for you and this you will only get by defining and realizing your own goals.

1 Like

A guy in poch was banned just for using that program that lets you swap chars easily without input broadcasting I think its called obs Im not quite sure.

1 Like

Let’s face it…at the real heart of this multiboxing gripe is jealousy and not all the other things used as a smokescreen to hide that. People are simply jealous that others can afford to run more than one account.

What a sad take. I’ve already addressed this in a prior reply in this thread, go read up before jumping to conclusions.

2 Likes

@Ninevite

Nothing to see here.

Go play something else, you will be wasting your time and money in this dead and rotten environment.

Life is short, and you only get one.

Let the no-lifes touch eachother in their online gangbang simulator.

Nobody actually cares about them, nor do they care about anything else.

2 Likes

Yup.

Yup.

1 Like

No, you will not force someone into paying and dedicating time for something he doesn’t adhere to.

If not jealousy, it’s simply indifference, followed by genuine RL mockery, and moving on …

Sorry if all you whales are looking like a bunch of complete jackasses in a video game now, and it hurts some feelings.

It’s the truth, and all the relevant folk within know it.

You guys can keep it, if that’s what you choose to spend your short time on earth with.

1 Like

Well, no…neither you or anyone else has actually addressed why they even care. It’s just the usual sort of ‘think of the noobs’ or ’ its bad for the game’ type responses that never give any specifics. It is precisely this vagueness that suggests there are ulterior motives for ‘caring’ about the matter.

Can I have all your stuff.

1 Like

You clearly don’t need it.

1 Like

Eve could’ve been considered fun when contesting a zone didn’t require you to begin contemplating to multibox to remain on the competitive edge.

This line was crossed and blurred long ago.

Now are simply the hard results from it.

Go tell any new player that he will eventually need to face the choice of multiboxing against whales, or to simply have a really hard time either fighting, or avoiding it.

Neither of those will help the game’s attractiveness and rentention on the long run, and feel more and more like a moneygrabbing scam than anything else.

I said some time ago that I could end the Eve multiboxing problem by turning it on itself with the RL resources at my disposal, but that would ammount to such a giant waste of time and money, Im still not convinced to pull the trigger.

5 Likes

So which system did you lose your freighter in, and how much was it worth? :rofl:

3 Likes

oh right, i totally forgot, Eve is dead, since about 2003 or so

in IRL that’s called “growing up” :slight_smile:

well on a more serious note, as by many pointed out, quite a large number of players are happy with operating just a single account, in fact 2 of my closer freinds in the game playing 5+ years longer than me, have tripple digit Billions with a single account. and are just as happy as me having a heardattack when my computer lags and i lose 5 ships as a result of my hardware craps out, in fact i keep inviting those and others regulary to join a fleet activity and often they decline not because of fear or lack of knowledge but just because they wanna do the own thing.

Eve is a Sandbox that “simulates” a economy, and just like in IRL there will be always a bigger fish.

noone force anyone to compete, just don’t be AFK when the bigger fish sees you.
just like in IRL.

Rubbish, I’ve been solo most of my playing time here, over 12 years.

Now and then I had 1 alt to dual box sanctums in Navy Domi’s and using sentries but that’s it, now it’s an alpha clone with around 10 mil sp.

As for having a hard time, lol. This morning I did a round trip of about 36 systems to pick up stuff left behind in stations cluttering my personal asset box.

I used a Viator with 2 warp stabs and picked up just shy of a billion in assets with no issues whatsoever.

How about you stop trying to put off new players before they even start playing?

2 Likes

You’re talking nonsense. I was a new player myself not that long ago…and I’m having a great time. Lots of killboard records, increasingly getting solo kills, and moving up to some great ships. I have multiboxed ( 2 chars ) a couple of times but I found that in large fleets I actually do better single boxing…which either means multiboxing requires some skill or I’m not that good at it, or both.

Governor Lee likes people to multibox if they can, but nobody has ever forced me to, and I think most can see that I do pretty well single boxing and have one of the lowest claims for SRP. Indeed…across my 3 main DPS chars I have well over 1000 kills and just 16 losses. And that is all that really matters.

Most noobs in the corp are chomping at the bit to get into battles. There are constant calls of ‘when is the next fleet’. These don’t sound like people with a retention problem.