Won't someone please think of the Krabs!

If only we could farm 100-500mil.ISK/hr in some sort of PVE dungeons…

And here is the mistake. Assuming you can get that loot, & then sell it, without dying. It requires specific tools, & each tool is expensive.

EVE is hard, but make it too hard & you break it. And I have said that if you control the loot drops better you can control the ISK/hr without fragging the smaller pilots.

And what exact tools are expensive? Gila for like 260-300mil.ISK for Abyss dungeons? Really?!

1 Like

/me coughs

Erm, some of us can’t PLEX like back in the golden age. That’s teh point of this thread. A Millennial will have his/her game, & also a kids game possibly, to fund. With the Economy shifting so that Millennials are poorer.

Which is why Krabbing needs to work.

I like Economic Levers. Just smashing stuff up hurts the poorer players.

Not in my world, it isn’t.

Bollocks.

2 Likes

Wait…are you trying to say that, being Alpha, you can’t farm enough ISK to buy Omega - through farming tier 4 Abyss-dungeons?! This is a 100% pure BS. Just a few days ago iBeast has demonstrated on his stream, how to farm tier-4 Electrical Abyss on Gila, being an Alpha-clone with 2mil. SP.

Nope. I’m saying that if the game shift moves over to ‘PLEX to fly’ people like me won’t be able to.

As an Alpha I expect it to be crap. I’m pro-subscription. I was able to afford the 20 notes a month until recently.

1 Like

I really don’t see what’s your problem, while tier-5 Abyss gives me 400-500mil/hr, in average.

what are you thinking suggesting people play together on a online game?!

1 Like

Where’s the 4% new player retention statistic come from? And what’s meant by “retention”? Still playing after a month? Six months? A year? Not be contentious, just curious. 4% is an amazingly horrible figure, so I wonder what the context is.

2 Likes

There’s a write-up here that shows the fall-away.

I was told that it was 4%. The figures on the chart do seem to agree with that over 3 months.

2 Likes

One of the strengths of EVE is how you can ‘go fishing’ and fly solo, or… Fleet up for either PvP or Krabbing. Crazy stuff eh?

Options for Local:

Charge the faction that owns the system for the service of having Local. Instead of it being a free service.

Have multiple bands. Like delayed, live, etc.

It ties in with lore, as Fuel Shortages are often sorted by sending more people ( which means that you have to employ them ).

Idea came up on comms last night. It would work with Limits per 24hrs on both Ore spawned & loot dropped. Economic levers.

The next fix, IMO, needs to be faction warfare.
Eve’s biggest competitors are PVP games that allow skill and gear customization without the soul-crushing grind. We can hurr and durr about bears and gankers until the radioactive cows come home, but the simple truth is that competition exists. Arguing never works as well as actually competing.

What I would propose, were I to swing my tankard and done the horned helmet in the board room, would be to allow FW participants to have an NPC-driven SRP system based on rank, time in service, and performance. Such that players are issued ships by the faction they fight for, ships that only faction members are capable of flying (anybody else undocks with one it’s flagged as “stolen military equipment” and dealt with), and the better a player fights, with actual real PVP kills not hiding in some complex somewhere like a bot, while losing less ships, the more rank a player gets and hence more rewards.

The end result of this is to have new players who come to this PVP game actually PVPing instead of having to become a krab first, which is extremely demoralizing to people who just want to shoot something, but have a cost involved as well. You don’t get given stuff, you have to actually be good at the game, actually take out other players, and actually not suffer stupid ship loss.

Because we have to face the reality that having to grind to get a ship, then lose it to attrition F1 monkey tactics, then grind again, while that might be OK for those of us that other gamers look at and cringe, it’s seriously stupid to others.
Or maybe you don’t lose it to F1 monkey fleets, then what? You get sucked into the farming vortex. Also cringeworthy boredom to normal people.

Make FW great - for once. NPC-driven SRP based on performance and rank, special military ships/skins that only FW pilots can use, actually challenging the player to be good at PVP if they want to advance in rank and get better ships issued to them. I would even consider this for pirate factions in nullsec.

Or we can continue as we have been and wonder why things don’t improve.

2 Likes

you understand that you can do this already? just grab your starting ship - corvete - and go out shooting stuff. it will cost you 0 ISK.
also you cannot have ships that cost nothing in a game where everything costs something. you would have to implement a ton of restrictions where these ships can go and reward for fighting in them would be like doing LVL1 missions. stop looking for “honorable” fights 1v1. take a ship you like … fit it somehow and go somewhere. there is a ton of space to do hunting. make friends and go with them or lead them

1 Like

Out in Null the Newbros can be given ships, but… Someone has to make them.

A sandbox is a sandbox.

Explo is the gateway in for many a newb. But that is farming…

I don’t actually see a problem with farming, it is a sandbox after all - bot-farming, however, is another matter entirely.

Never farm bots, kids

Kids; Don’t Do It

2 Likes