Worse Halloween event in a game - thank you EVE business dep

Yeah, no idea why CCP didn’t keep this one up. So exciting. Every month three highsec systems should be attacked by the Triglavians, if the capsuleers can defend it, it stays HighSec. If they fail, it gets added to Pochven. Really really nice content driver. After some timere there would be huge player coalitions trying to ruin highsec by supporting the trigs, and others forced to fight them else they lose more and more HS systems relevant for their business, trade routes, wardecs and whatnot. The idea that capsuleer decisions could really shape the universe in some kind was a really cool one. A shame they abanoned it.

2 Likes

Talking about pvp in high sec, I’d like to see racial standings cause criminal tags. Amarr go to gallente or minmatar space and they are war targets everywhere. Could lead to some easy HS pvp at the small gang level with people from one space crossing into the other. At least for a period of time if not permanently. I enjoyed Bullard small gang battles as part of home defense.

The real Pay-To-Win is to spend 500 euro on 25M SP skill injectors and a 2 billion ISK Dominix to run L5 missions in lowsec and proceed to lose 6 of them in a row, then open a forum thread complaining about the game, and then Winning Eve.

Could you imagine that happening.

(Edited to correct some of my imaginings)

3 Likes

wow EVE is clearly a Pay-To-Win game indeed

Damned! I miss that, sounds so good really! Agreed that van change everything for everyone! Even bad guys have to make alliance with nice to fight trigla! Soooo good idea.

But the amazing CCP ceo prefer launch another fps… Yeah…

1 Like

I imagine there were not enough trigs to throw into meatgrinder.

My man thats not nice additional incoming, just some cheap remains compared to what my alliance is pulling out of highsec right now.

Compared to the loot of the mission site, of course. The amount of money made by successful gankers is of course magnitudes higher (and well-deserved), but baiting a crew into failure is not really about the profit, but the fun of messing up someones plan. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If you enjoy that type of gameplay, you’ll be interested in the Pirate Insurgencies gameplay that is coming with the Havoc expansion on the 14th of November.

The suppression/corruption mechanics allow players and groups to change the way a system acts and give it different sets of bonuses.

CCP Aurora speaks about it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qReg05OrkPU&ab_channel=EVEOnline

4 Likes

I will take a look of course, right now I am not convinced this “corruption” has the same level of (long-term) impact. But we will see.

1 Like

This hangs delicately on the details though.

As it stands Zarzakh itself will pretty much not be an option for Atron Andy and other small folks for pirate FW if — and only if — Sisi’s Zarzakh bubbles make it to TQ.

Bubbles in Zarzakh do nothing to stop a Nullbloc level fleet from projecting through the system into opposite nullsec, and lets those blocs perma-bubble-camp The Fulcrum.

Maybe Zarzakh isn’t so important for pirate FW so little Atron Andy or small gangs don’t need the system. That would make for 5 useless shipcasters, though.

Seems like a skill issue NGL

@CCP_Swift

hello, I read some articles and watched the video you linked. There still is one thing that bothers me. At some point in th video, CCP Aurora says something around this:

What does that end mean exactly? Do all effects on that system just disappear as if there were never an incursion? The system just goes back to it’s “normal” state, like when a Sansha Incursion is done or a FOB is destroyed? Or do the achieved effects of both sides stay permanently on that system? And if yes, how can they ever be reverted if boths sides can just achieve ‘levels’ and add effects?

If all those pirate insurgencies just vanish after a time, it is surely short-term entertainment for some groups, but nothing that really shapes the universe, all consequences will merely be temporal and you can just sit them out until they are gone. That is not comparable what the Triglavian Invasions did and therefore not comparable as a conflict driver and/or universe-shaping-opportunity.

Worse Halloween event in a game

thanks for the lazy rewards

useless for most EVE players

just a few examples from OP that warrant the thread to be closed

multifit? savings fits so that you can easily and quickly fit them?

It’s not the worst event in a game, but the Tetrimon sites are few and far between.

Can we close your threads? Goodness knows how many you spam open in a day.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you don’t have to open his threads. Why do you feel compelled to advocate for closing them? How do they negatively impact you?

ups, my finger slipped and now the thread will stay open for another 60 days

I knew you couldn’t stay away

1 Like