YC 124 New Eden Capsuleer's Writing Contest

What a fun contest! Hoping to offer a better triglavian themed entry next year. :smiley:

OP updated up to this point!

2 Likes

Submissions are now closed! It usually takes the judges about two to three weeks to Judge and then we’ll have a short ceremony to announce the winners. I will announce time and place as we get closer!

Thanks all who entered this year!

10 Likes

If you don’t think any entries this year qualify for the prizes I donated, feel free to roll them over into next year’s competition.

2 Likes

Have the winners been announced? I’ve been busy with RL the last couple of weeks

I don’t think so

Not yet. Results should be announced soon tho.

Winners will be announced Sunday, June 26th, at 19:00 NEST.

We usually do an “event” where winners are announced and participants can socialize.

Afterwards, the results will be posted here afterwards and prizes distributed within 72 hours.

This year the event will be in in Tanoo on the Tebu Ankhiman freeport at its “Starlight Ballroom”

11 Likes

Reminder!

Winners will be announced Sunday, June 26th, at 19:00 NEST.

We usually do an “event” where winners are announced and participants can socialize.

Afterwards, the results will be posted here afterwards and prizes distributed within 72 hours.

This year the event will be in in Tanoo on the Tebu Ankhiman freeport at its “Starlight Ballroom”

5 Likes

THE WINNERS!:

Poetry

1st Yun-Hee ‘Tight-Lips’ Yubari for “The Black Song’s Flight”
2nd Alda Malukker for “Captured”
3rd Theodosius Savnar for “Eulogy for an Astrahus”
4th Zedicon Prime for “Rhyme of an Amarr”
Honorable Mentions Miyoshi Akachi, Prince Seraghis

Prose

1st Aria Jenneth for “One True Law”
2nd Tamara Zelair for “The Messenger”
3rd Tanagura Amoii for “Jin Emperor’s Leaning Tower”
4th Prince Seraghis for “The Farthest Shore”
Honorable Mentions: Miyoshi Akachi, Elsebeth Rhiannon (all 3 entries), Zedicon Prime, Raultalainen Isise, Duke Shasta, Brisc Rubal, Corix, and Daiko Kobayashi

A comment: “This was perhaps the most competitive year ever for the prose category. I feel comfortable saying that in past years all of the winners and honorable mentions might have been first place winners in their own right.”

News/Gossip/Opinion

1st Nauplius for The “True Emperor” Holo Reel and Spin-Off (Luna glares at judges)
2nd evepandora for “Dammfam Finery Attacked”
3rd Octantia Dadarwar & Nauplius for “Custody Battle”
4th Emilia Dallocort for “Podded”
Honorable Mentions Prince Seraghis, Jorianna Gallaire, Miyoshi Akachi

Academic/Scientific

1st Evelyn Arnoux for Ashes to Ascendance
2nd Gavin Lok’ri for A Briefing on the State of the Empire
3rd Miyoshi Akachi for Establishing an industrial colony: a journal
4th Zedicon Prime for Eras of Soliara III

Special Awards:
From Loai Qerl to Miyoshi Akashi: would like to offer a special prize to Miyoshi Akachi, author of “Establishing an industrial colony: a journal” in the Academic category. I found it both rigorous as a practical manual and very charming as a fictional account. The structure complemented the contents remarkably well. I loved it. The prize is a potted jama plant, related by direct cutting lines to the first jama planted on the Qerl estate, out of respect for her appreciation of the efforts of new settlement.

From Cassandra Habalu. Her special prize will be a ‘Stealth Bomber Starter Kit’ awarded to Evelyn Arnoux for her report on population demographics in Syndicate. It was engaging and immersive, and she loved the footnotes and the use of visuals which suited the medium very well. An outstanding achievemen

From Pol Macsliebh, a Vargur, to Elsebeth Rhiannon for best overall Matari entry, “Why is the Sea Salty”

No Special Award this year for Best Triglavian Entry or Ms. Valate’s themes. They will roll over to next year.

Organizer’s Prize to Duke Shasta for “The Blood of Gladiators”
Organizer’s Prize to Miyoshi Akachi for her two Academic Writings
Organizer’s Prize to Emilia Dellacorte for “Podded”

Prizes will be delivered in roughly 72 hours!

I want to offer the following thank you to our Donors! Franco Phonaga and Clementine Lafleur, One Billion isk from ARC, Two Billion isk from Lady Karmilla Kor-Anashtih, Two Billion ISK from Sahara Jackal and 12.5 billion isk from Jinari Otsito and . 10 billion isk from Lauralite Anne Brezia.

Also a thank you to this year’s panel of Eight judges for volunteering their time and efforts: Loai Qerl, Maira Blackfire, Korsavius, Clementine Lafleur, Nevyn Kumamato, Cassandra Habulu, Pol Macsliebh, and Bin Orlenard.**

10 Likes

Taking a look at the Corporation Membership of the Jurors and Winners it is fair to assume, that the whole thing was a joke. :smile:

1 Like

Oh, nice. I see at least some of my ISK went to people I like.
Congrats to the winners.

P.S. Might want to thank the donors who had things auctioned as well. I mean, that’s how my billions joined the prize pool.

2 Likes

Good point! Those donors - and bidders - were appreciated as well!

3 Likes

All prizes have been distributed except for the Organizer’s Prizes. I will be in touch with those to schedule.

If you did not receive your prize, please let me know!

3 Likes

I know there where multiple trig entry’s is there a reason the prize wasn’t given to any of them for best trig entry?

The Judge whose special prize it was did not feel this year’s entries warranted it.

1 Like

Disappointing in a sense, but it does mean people will have a full year to compose a literary work worthy of such prizes for next year’s competition.

3 Likes

My congratulations to the authors of the winning entries.

There is one thing I do not understand though. It seems as though Nauplius and Octantia Dadarwar are being awarded the prizes for the articles that mention them, even though they do not seem to be their authors, nor have I seen any claims of them that they are the authors. As far as I have been able to determine, the articles concerning The True Emperor can only be linked to Impetus Publisher and do not mention the author(s), and the articles about the custody battle do not even have their publisher(s) listed.
There is probably something that I missed that would explain this, but at this time I am not aware of that.

1 Like

The works were nominated and I followed the directions of the pertinent parties and/or publishers in directing the award.

3 Likes

There were two, but neither were to my standards.

Disappointing indeed and you’re right.