You killed the single player experience

So what? Does multiplayer demand gregariousness? Is that something in the terms of service or something?
I think the only thing that Eve being a multiplayer game has to with corporations is that it makes them possible. I play solo almost constantly now an I find I like it a lot better, you can tell me I’m doing Eve wrong all you like but I will just continue to do as I please. I have plenty of interaction with other players, that doesn’t mean I want to sit around all day talking to them or in the case of a corporation, following their demands and rules. I have other stuff to do and my reasons for playing Eve are likely completely different from yours. I prefer to have a personal sense of accomplishment that I create myself, not one fed to me with a spoon created in some slice of the blue donut.

13 Likes

Thanks Fale Einn, you brought my thoughts straigt to the point

2 Likes

Please go for it, otherwise I annot sell my stoff anymore :slight_smile:

Eve gives you a lot of opportunities to play that way. Everything is good enough to keep that playstyle. It is quite similar to mine and I don’t feel any difficulties to play. Maybe you should relaxively find some more information about the game, lazy refresh some game mechanics in your mind for making casual improvement of your gameplay For getting more pleasure of the game.

In the end I have no other choice if I want to play the game. As a wise person once said: “live means change eve as well”…

That’s what I’m trying to do, find other ways to enjoy eve.

Was this ever answered? Because without addressing this, we don’t have anything to debate here.

not really answered.

OP, while i am mostly solo as well (except when i’m grinding clients standings and staying active on discord for the business of raising standings), If i had the opportunity to fly with any one i’ve interacted with, either positive or negative on the forums, id take that in a heartbeat, even if it means being backstabbed… thats just how eve is…

OP, i understand where you are coming from, however the problem was null seccers were able to build capital ships in their null sec system without ever moving from system to system and they used rorqs to do their mining and multiboxed them like crazy to the point where there are thousands of titans in game now. Your ability to build things easily was taken away because the CCP wants it so no one can harvest all materials in one type of space. Your best bet is to either buy from the market what you cant produce yourself or move to low/null/WH space.

2 Likes

It is a valid argument that you might be missing some stuff at the location you want to build something. However, this is probably the case for 99% of EVE systems.

Natural solitions for the problem are:

1. Move to a different location, build there.
  2. Make a buy order and wait.
  3. Haul the stuff yourself from other locations.
  4. Pay others to haul the stuff for you.

So there are plenty of solutions!

1 Like

I tried to answer this with these changes:

The mineral distribution should be changed by putting at least some mining sites with rare minerals back into hisec and lowsec, like it was before the scarcity changes.

Every player who owns a station should be able to do reactions even in hisec, at least to a certain extent.

Would that be a

2 Likes

That’s what I try to do adopt, or stop playing… But non the less I wnated to point out, not all changes are good.

So you want to be able to do industry at a profit in highsec. Your preferred way of doing that is to mine the minerals, so that they don’t cost you anything…

I suppose that does answer the question.

1 Like

Yes it is but now it’s more a survival game sandbox.

2 Likes

Is still in effect even though there are csm members that were against it

They cost time effort and the skills to do so, the isk to buy the skills and to buy or make the ships to do it in.
And last, this is why I don’t do any mining, you have to tolerate intense tedium

2 Likes

Well mining minerals is in fact a costly thing, it costs you the time to mine, you need to be more vigilant than a mission runner, there are gankers everywhere so afk mining is a thing of the past.

What I actually do is mine, do some PI, run a mission from time to time, produce sell for a profit of about 5-10%, so in the end, it is far less profitable than mission running but thats is my style of playing the game, I am not interested in making billions in seconds. I enjoy building something complex, and eve just gave me that chance, but I am afraid, it will take this chance from me, at least it will make it much more difficult for me to enjoy the game.

I gave up my dream of becomming the richest player in the game years ago, when I heard, that one player earned hundreds of billions of isk in one single deal… lol

That would COMPLETELY ruin the entire point of what the mineral distribution change was supposed to do.

I mean, you can. It just take some work. If you’re saying you should be able to do ALL of it without ever leaving or interacting with 80% of the game that’s not Highsec, that’s just entitled whining.

1 Like

The single player experience seems to be alive and well in highsec:

Wonder when Alpha clones in Gilas will get nerfed? You gotta see the ■■■■ in nullsec too

Everybody is in danger being ganked in EVE. Even mission runners and PVPers, especially if they have blink modules fitted.

Its like in reality: you can get killed everywhere, if you have bad luck.

So I can understand that this might be disappointing, if you expect a perfectly safe Environment, but let‘s be honest a game where you always win with ease gets boring pretty fast.

You seem like a reasonable person. I encourage you to try some wormhole/lowsec stuff. It is not quite the instant death people think it is. With a little bit of experience, it can be fun.

I’m sorry that the semi-afk playstyle you prefer is getting nerfed, but it is being abused by multi boxers, so CCP needed to try changing something.

You have an opportunity here to expand your horizons in Eve, just a bit. I think you can do it and I think you will enjoy Eve even more than you did before. You might lose one or two ships in the process, but in the end, lowsec is almost as safe as highsec these days, especially with a cloak.

2 Likes