2020/01/27 & 28 - TQ under DDoS

i am actually of the opinion that if we had the ip’s and the tech people that play eve took those apart and the kind of attack…that most of this is actually going to be found being sponsored by other major game licenses…in a war for playerbase is what this is all about in the end.

Someone really like Emerging Conduits lol,

2 Likes

we need another update please.

here we go aging

I love empty threats to quit the game due to external factors that a game developer can’t control. I also love buying empty plastic bags and imagining they’re full of stuff I want. Both are ■■■■■■■■ wastes of time.

7 Likes

I just want to get back in and save my barge…

1 Like

Shows how dumb people can be. Several news outlets are reporting attacks but many EVE players and blaming EVE and talking trash all over the place.

2 Likes

This isn’t an empty threat, but I did have to use the task manager to quit the game.

really, this thing has quit shocking me in recent times. Eve is unique, there is no other game really like it, so when it goes down it affects a group that doesn’t do much else, i for one will not let a bunch of kids in their parent’s basement keep me from enjoyment. Hopefully it’s fixed in the morning, but i do play a few other games that need some TLC about now.

3 Likes

It’s bad- I haven’t seen the population drop to 9000 since Barack Obama streaked through a UN Climate Change Summit! Stay off the game people! I hope CCP gets to the bottom of this… can someone put a chain on my barge and drag it into a dock somewhere? I’m attached to it…

i did manage to throw whatever they are doing for a loop, hit a cmd prompt and put in ipconfig /flushdns then ipconfig /register dns that got me back to dock at least

1 Like

can not log in.

Just had both accounts disconnected from server. Got one back in then chat channels not working

Big Country!!! Thank you sir! That worked like a charm! You are indeed the man!

Thanks ! I was able to log in and boot it home.

Just to clarify what he said:

in the search window, type cmd
then when the command prompt comes up, just ipconfig/flushdns
Press enter
Log in and fly to safety!!! What a good man you are, Big Country! I don’t know how Ddos attacks work, so it never occurred to me to fiddle around with my own DNS cache. Have a great night!

You all need to communicate more regularly via this forum and your tweetface etc. You can log in at one moment and be disconnected the next. What people need to hear is something like what you post before DT: dock up safely, etc. It is NOT safe to fly.

GL getting a handle on this. We appreciate the diligent work.

We have experienced further severe attacks at approx 03:55 and 04:25 which caused more disconnects and login issues that also affected the EVE website. We’ve been working with our partners through the night and we apologise for the ongoing instability.

8 Likes

Stabilize the server as soon as possible.
cheer up! you can do it.

People who have lost ships due to instability caused by the DDoS attacks can visit support.eveonline.com and file a ticket under the category Game Play Support -> Reimbursements -> Lost Ships and our GMs will follw up.

We respectfully ask that you are patient with ship reimbursement requests. Due to the widespread nature of these attacks we often get a high volume of tickets in a short span of time and it can take longer than usual to process all of them.

Simultaneously we receive a high volume of tickets from players who are unable to login or get disconnected during the DDoS which adds further pressure to our customer support staff. Thank you for for patience!

3 Likes

Im a new player and although i been playing for only 3 days learning the ropes id like to encourage the team of CCP to keep doing their best to fix the issue and to remember you guys have the right to refuse service to evil commentators.

Besides there are other games people can play in the downtime. Most games go through this same sort of issues every now and then also, so there is no need for any sort of hate being thrown out there. If you have that much hate in your heart over a game then i suggest you need to see someone to talk about it.

Anyway Cheers with beers. See you in space.

1 Like

How much time does it take to recover my died in abyss gila and my implants ?

1 Like