A thread in which Naari Naarian lies about being a developer and insults people for not believing him

We hope the No-Downtime experiment goes over well. If this works, we’ll be able to leave our campers in all of these systems permanently without having to go through the horrific struggle of logging them back in and cloaking up after each downtime.

This will make our lives so much easier, improve overall workflow, and benefit the quality of life for all of New Eden.

So here’s to you, CCP! Best of luck on this experiment and we hope you guys have a fantastic success! Thanks for making EVE Online such an enjoyable experience!

January 3rd Edit: Because ISD, for some reason, hasn’t killed this thread already. I’m going to change the title to something more relevant to the recent discussion.

15 Likes

In before the RMT crowd starts crying us a river :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Those Home Alone cloaky alts in Molten Heath will be happy - there are at least 26 of them.

2 Likes

Was another thread actually necessary? We already have a thread to discuss this:

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/no-downtime-discussion-thread/204161/9

1 Like

Yeah, but that other thread is going to be too long to read.

Multiple short threads are definitely better!

2 Likes

Should be worded

“we all done care about the rules and do what we want”. F anyone else.

ISDFight

2 Likes

Why do you care? All you do is scam newbies with your highsec corp, it’s not like nullsec PvP is relevant to you at all.

6 Likes

Looking forward to seeing how the no downtime goes.

AFK cloaking should never be allowed, this is exploiting which has been considered a feature for a way too long.
If one person can 100% safely AFK/cloak camp the entire alliance sov it clearly is an exploit.

Even Chinese company that made EVE clone, was smart enough to take lessons from it, and they gave the cloaks activation cost so you can’t Perma cloak.

I think in eve should be a similar mechanic.
There should be big activation cost or fuel cost for cloaks. But i think the capacitor cost is enough.
People would still be able to cloak camp but they would have to recloak.
Or perhaps activation time and cooldown.

They should be counter for cloaks, right now there are no counters which means, nerf is needed.
In eve there is no perfect fit for everything, and everything should be countered.

Cloaky campers need nerf.

1 Like

Sorry man, everything you’ve said is off topic. This isn’t a thread to cry because you don’t have the spine to undock when a neutral exists in system.

This was a thread to cheer on CCP in hopes that their no-downtime experiment was successful.

4 Likes

Wrong. Nothing is being exploited, everything is working as intended.

If one person can 100% safely AFK/cloak camp the entire alliance sov it clearly is an exploit.

Why? That one person is accomplishing absolutely nothing unless the “entire alliance” is renter trash and holds sov in name only. Competent and powerful alliances that deserve to hold space don’t give a **** about AFK cloaking because if the cloaked ship does anything but sit idle in a safespot they will promptly be killed.

Cloaky campers need nerf.

Correct. The best nerf is to remove local. Get rid of local and nobody will AFK cloak anymore.

4 Likes

Wrong. Nothing is being exploited, everything is working as intended.

Yeah it’s a “feature” …

Why? That one person is accomplishing absolutely nothing unless the “entire alliance” is renter trash and holds sov in name only. Competent and powerful alliances that deserve to hold space don’t give a **** about AFK cloaking because if the cloaked ship does anything but sit idle in a safespot they will promptly be killed.

You mean rich people from big alliances don’t give a damn about afk cloakers.
But small and poor cannot use their ishtars/rattlesnakes/carriers/orcas

Only those in rorquals, supers, and titans don’t give a crap because of the umbrella.

Correct. The best nerf is to remove local. Get rid of local and nobody will AFK cloak anymore.

Again wrong, just take a look on blackout and read about it because you clearly didn’t took a part.
Blackout is not a solution, it only proved to hit small, poor and newbies.
There was already article and even graph from CCP explaining this.

Sorry man, everything you’ve said is off topic. This isn’t a thread to cry because you don’t have the spine to undock when a neutral exists in system.

Spine? Do you mean that i should use my paladin or carrier in system with cloaky afk camper?
I did and so many others.
They ended up being dropped bcs that’s why afk cloaky camp is for.
Abusing those who can’t afford super and alt with recon.

I’m not crying i simply state that’s it’s a broken mechanic that hit mostly newbies.
If you want to do something, then hit rich and old players. Not newbies.

And before you accuse me of crying like a blind lemming, i have a super and i have umbrella that will wipe anything that can drop me so it’s just inconvenience for me that i can’t have fun with paladin or kronos but have to use big toys instead.
However, newbies can’t use them bcs they don’t have it.

It’s a topic about cloaky campers and i did reply my thoughts about cloaky campers.
How is it offtopic?
Just because i don’t write what you want me to?

2 Likes

Is it though?

Please go cry in the main AFK cloaky camping thread, not here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And why are you entitled to being able to use those ships if you are too weak to secure your space? If you’re small and poor then guess what, nullsec is probably going to be a struggle for you. And maybe the other people just beat you and you have to move back to highsec.

Like it or not nullsec is PvP space and you earn the right to farm PvE content by having a strong PvP force that can deter any potential threats. If an AFK cloaker is shutting you down then you haven’t secured your space and hold sov in name only.

Do you mean that i should use my paladin or carrier in system with cloaky afk camper?

Yep, because:

1. Nullsec farming is so absurdly profitable that you still probably come out ahead even if you lose your farming ship.

and

1. You have a PvP fleet active and ready to defend you if the AFK camper is not AFK after all. Or, if you don’t have that PvP fleet, then your alliance is renter trash, doesn’t control the space it “claims”, and deserves nothing but forum shaming until you move back to highsec.
2 Likes

And why are you entitled to being able to use those ships if you are too weak to secure your space? If you’re small and poor then guess what, nullsec is probably going to be a struggle for you. And maybe the other people just beat you and you have to move back to highsec.

Like it or not nullsec is PvP space and you earn the right to farm PvE content by having a strong PvP force that can deter any potential threats. If an AFK cloaker is shutting you down then you haven’t secured your space and hold sov in name only.

Are you being a hypocrite or did you never play in nullsec?
First of all, i wrote it because there is no ability to counter cloaky camp.
You can assign 5000 people to catch a neut that’s sitting safely cloaked in safe spot and there is absolutely no way to catch him. If there is no mechanic to catch the cloaky camper then it needs to be addressed.

Yep, because:

1. Nullsec farming is so absurdly profitable that you still probably come out ahead even if you lose your farming ship.

No, with paladin you get 80-100m/h and ship with fit is usually 3b
So you need to spend 30 hours on just farming to get it back.
No1 is stupid enough to do it. It’s not worth it.
Whenever i see cloaky camper in the system the only person who rat are supers and cheap myrmidons.

I don’t know of any alliance that have active fleet just waiting to warp to you when your being caught in subcapital. No1 can make it in time. It’s simply impossible.
Subcaps will be insta popped by any hotdrop.

ISDs, please merge this thread with the main Cloaky Camping thread because it seems like @Draqolas_Windfury is determined to push this thread in that direction despite being asked to stop.

1 Like

Who cares? If you have a 5000 man PvP fleet in the system then the camper is incapable of doing anything but sitting idle in a safe spot. Other than being a name in local they might as well not exist. So why do you care so much about a name in local?

No, with paladin you get 80-100m/h and ship with fit is usually 3b

Why are you even farming in nullsec with such pathetic income? Just farm highsec level 4 missions with zero risk or effort.