Abyssal Deadspace now live on Singularity for testing

you do not need to be that cautious. Light automata suppressors have a 15km range and heavys have a 40km range but arent a threat even to light drones tbh.

Also remember t2 ammo suffers from trackign penalties where as faction ammo doesnt. your two default ammos should be null for range and caldari navy antimatter for close up.

dropping the turret for smartbomb is a really impractical idea and likely to result in you loosing the dps/ehp race. Esp in an AB ship where you cannot control range at all.

not really, theyve just balanced them. if you mess up then you will still die. its just not unbeatable content anymore.

There will be absolutely no price ceiling as no filaments will be seeded onto market and therefore market demand will set price entirely. in the first hours/days filaments could be very very pricy as people will be eager to access the new content without having to trawl through data sites.

1 Like

@Dark_Engraver I want to raise a point about my eagle fit, now flying full bling (as i will be when the content hits TQ - and its great. however, without it (and just the t2 fit - if you go into a tier 4 filament having forgotten to take your drugs before hand you will dieā€¦ and feel stupid and confused for a while before you realise youve been an idiot and forgotten them. 8% + 5% tank make a massive difference to survivability.

Why run an Eagle when you can just fit a RLML/Cerberus that hits out to 70km with Fury (700 DPS+). You can run up to F3 filaments with a complete T2 fit (zero implants and only Crash for the sole booster). Press Orbit and F1 for the monkey win.

what sort of question is thatā€¦ other than one that is deliberately obtuse.

what if i want to do tier 4 and 5 filamentsā€¦?

Iā€™m looking to engage with and enjoy the new content. not try and create a simulacrum of all other pve content.

Furthermore, a lot of other plays have expressed interest in the eagle fit i use so i was updating them on it.

I looked but couldnā€™t find your Eagle fit. Iā€™ve love to have a look at it. And yes, youā€™ll need something else beyond F3 filaments - no question.

Yep. Unless there are loot differences in the ā€˜space typeā€™, what will happen is that a particular fit will be found to beat Tier5 of ā€˜Xā€™ space, and that is all that will be played.

Iā€™m so used to omni-tanks nowdays, that I automatically built one for 23rd May Mass Testing. With a T2 HAC, it meant that any of the resist penalties were rendered unimportant.

I did like the sites this time, unlike the prior Mass Test when I thought Abby Space was a waste of time. Itā€™s still hard to see the loot as useful, I expect that early drops of the skillbooks and BPs will sell well for awhile, but will die off without some big advantage being seen by the masses. The new weapons are tied to the new ships (the old put frig weapons on cruisers probably works tho), unless the new ships actually are found to be ā€˜betterā€™ they too will just be a flash in the pan. I got a weapon BP today, it needed 450 of the ā€˜canā€™ drops, and I have gotten 3 over about a dozen sites - thatā€™s going to kill that off.

Perhaps what is needed is a ranking system. Suppose you get some ā€˜creditā€™ item for completing Tiers 3,4 and 5 (of course more credit for Tier 5). With some anonymous posted list, a pilot could compare their score against the rest of the world.

"are you in the top 50 in the world?ā€™

Couldnā€™t get through any Dark Tier 3ā€™s in todayā€™s session, ran out of time on three attempts. 2 Ishtars could tank what I faced, but not enough damage or application. (The 2nd fit had web + Omni).

Last I tried Dark Engraverā€™s vaga fit far aboveā€¦ again could tank the room (and made it to the second) but ran out of time, not enough damage or application for the fast frigs and cruisers I faced. Only 2 neuting cruisers and knocked out one fairly quickly, took longer for the second. Neuting was manageable at this tier thanks to cap booster and relatively light damage. Drones on this fit kinda served as a distraction / damage reducer. (it occurs to me now that I should have fit web drones. maybe next time.)

In two of the F3 filaments I attempted today the NPC battleships fled to the outer boundaries so it took forever to reach them and I ran subsequently out of time. I tried my luck at a a F4 filament and got hit by a dozen or so cruisers in the second room (4 of which hit me with neuts).

Despite dealing over 700+ DPS and taking out 3 of them I ran out of tank before my capacitor was exhausted (I had a pair of cap batteries). This was a complete T2 fit, but despite full Asklepian, gunnery implants and boosters - it sadly just wasnā€™t enough. I have a sneaky suspicion that F4 and F5 filaments are going to require Deadspace fits.

Up to tier 3 is more than doable but tier 4 and 5 are a massive jump undoable in a tank fit deimos. The alpha is what kills the ships. Without seeding dead space modules on sisi you wonā€™t be able to even really attempt them in sisi.

The vedmak needs more power grid. Without two ancillary current routers you canā€™t fit one local rep a disentigrator and anything utility wise. Maxed fitting skills as well. It can barely even fit a plate with a prop mod even.

The rays in tier 4 and tier 5 either need to be toned down some or have smaller spawns. They are just too damn strong. 8 vedmak spawning at once and 5 of them neuting you out means nothing can cap tank it. You will be dead before you can kill the neuts

1 Like

F5 filaments are going to require a special kind of snowflake. Deadspace, Officer, Mutated - even AT hulls. I think F3 filaments are where the majority of us are going to cap out - unless something drastically changes. F4 and F5 just see some wicked stupid spawns, neuts and alpha damage.

Iā€™ve settled on my fit for the release next week. Over 1000 DPS overheated, so it just burns through F1-F3 filaments. Iā€™m not confident enough to take it any higher. Yet.

I am sorry for writing this here, but when I logged in on Singularity to test Abyssal Deadspace my account is in alpha state. Is there a way to change it to omega? I am omega on Tranquility.

do /omega in a chat should fix it
then relog

I did that and did not work. Supposedly that command has been removed.

so everyone saying dead space is needed, yes.
ive managed 1 tier 5 gamma and finished with 1 min on the clock.
took the same fit into another tier 5 gamma and got nuked by the second room even with A type invuls, full faction mids/lows. i think i have a way around it now, but i dont have another set of A types to test with atmā€¦

my biggest concern at present is the timer is not affected by tidi
i was running a 4 during the mast test, and due to tidi, took 17 mins to clear the first room (the 1 bs 20 cruiser spawnā€¦) managed to clear the next room in 2 mins, but ended up dying in the 3rd because the timer had run out, due to tidiā€¦

buy plex on market, put it in plex vault, open nes store buy omega time using the plex, relog.

It worked, thanks.

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome news! :slight_smile:

You donā€™t have to use bling (non-dark), trust me. You can do it, itā€™s a solvable puzzle.

i noticed that you can no longer skip the vedmark rushes drones to unlock the gate - is this working as intended?

1 Like

Pretty sure F1 filaments will be seeded to the market - unless this has been stated otherwise?

1 Like