Another kick in the face, well done, CCP

It which case it’s them who play EVE as a single player game. Besides it’s anectotal. Everyone cant do this.

1 Like

Everyone can do this, some choose not to.

My bad. Yes, everyone can. But that’s not what I meant.

If everyone will, literally everyone will have every kind of alt, the game will lose any kind of goal. There will be nothing to compete over.

1 Like

We each make our own goals.

1 Like

Um, what? Having multiple alts doesn’t mean that you win with them. There will always be competition and winners and losers.

No, see.

You said.

BUILD

Don’t try to move goalposts or derail.
You said BUILD specifically.

So tell me. How does your afk krabbing NPCs in combat anomalies results in you BUILDING T2 Blasters for me?

Thats not goalpost moving, its an abstraction.

Besides even me being wrong doesn’t make you right or your argument sound.

1 Like

Yet more goalpost moving.

It means you’re overexaggerating the significance that your afk krabbing has on the game.

By trying to lump in your PvE activities (that are mostly only for the benefit of your personal wallet) with that of general industrialists who actively work to produce ships and modules, you’re trying to claim that value for yourself (which you do not deserve).

The umbrella of “PvE” is large, but you should at least be honest when all you do is afk krab. Because when all you do is afk krab, and then you try to argue that your activities build ships and modules for PvP, it reeks of tumblr levels virtue signalling and “stolen valor”. Know your place, krab, and speak truth to your position in the game. Don’t try to imply that you build modules for PvPers when all you do is farm NPCs for isk every 20 minutes.

If you want to prove me wrong, I’d love to see a screenshot of your T2 module production chain. Otherwise, I haven’t seen any item built by you that fuels PvP in EVE Online.

Sure I care about the ISK but the main thing is that I find the content fun and challenging. If it wasn’t that then I wouldn’t do it. The challenging part is to complete it without being interrupted as well as progress up in level of difficulty.

FYI, when I run missions or exploration sites, I don’t try to minimize time and maximize rewards by blitzing, nor do I cherry pick through wrecks and containers for the best loot.

I do full clears in both NPC combat and loot collection which includes salvaging all wrecks as well.

6 Likes

You sound salty. Calm down miner.

I do highsec combat exploration. OPE boxes I sell only spawn 200 mil/month of raw ISK into the game. Relax.

Here’re a couple of items I produce, around 10/2 of them per month. I think it’s nice PVP fuel:
Pithum C-Type Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Pithum B-Type Multispectrum Shield Hardener

There’s not much difference between me and T2 production indy guy in a way we influence other players on abstract level. T2 just sells his product by thousands. On abstract level we both turn our time into some items.

And we both need this ISK farming guy to be able to exchange results of our labour. Plex sellers need this ISK farming guy for ISK to remain relatively cheap, they can buy more stuff per Plex sold.

There is a certain danger with unhinged farming ofc, in inflation of ISK mass. But I think you shouldnt fix inflation by cutting income to 30% by DBS and another 50% by ESS on top of it (worst case scenario).

PS: If you’re using miner/indy alts as you claim, you’re following minerals I mine are free logic.

2 Likes

I just dont understand this idea that there are only PvP and PvE players exclusively.

I dont usually fly anything with weapons fitted, I make my muns doing indy stuff and hauling (putting stuff in organised piles is fun for me) I have fun when people try to kill my ships, and I make fun and profit from ninjing.

I know Im not the only one, so why make it a Them and Us dichotomy?

Also I was directed to this thread by someone wanting to make a point so I need to ask;

Are mineral prices up or down atm?

2 Likes

Agreed. I personally rat and rorq mined pre nerf so I could afford to fly caps/supers into combat. I joined this game reading about BR5. I spent years of pve grind with this 1 end goal in mind.

1 Like

Well, originally I had wanted a carrier, but I gave the idea up long before ever getting one when it became apparent that Id never be able to use one for its intended purpose.

I eventually built one, and bought two more for research purposes, but after a couple test flights in Provi I decided ratting in them wasnt for me and sold em for more Cranes and Curses.

Good job I did too because shortly after they changed how cynos work pretty much keeping me put of null except for daytripping purposes.

1 Like

To be fair, we did specialize.

First yes, but then there was a buff with the bow against the slingshot, the bronze weapons against the stones, and some individuals got brain upgrades, so everything became totally unbalanced…

2 Likes

Removed some off topic posts. Knock it off.

1 Like

It could have been worse, we could have posted ponies.

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thank you.

Fun being fun for everyone involved, naturally, because PvPers require other PvPers.

This is pretty contrary to the PvE player, who avoids other people unless there’s some co-op to be done …
… and even then there’s enough room to reason that they only play with others exactly because otherwise they can’t get the rewards.

Worthy of adding is the fact that there must exist lots of PvErs who really love playing with others … and they have their games for that. Those guys aren’t around here though, except maybe if we talk Incursions, a niche activity … though Incursions specifically seem to me like it’s more of a greed thing than anything else, considering that there were plenty of people crying about how lowering the rewards will destroy their communities.

These rather misguided folks either seriously believed that money was the common ground for their community (which would make them rather sad people in real life), or just lied through their fingers.

Anyhow …

I think that the guy above you is either a liar, or completely disconnected from his own reality. I’m not going to quote him, because he doesn’t deserve that. I have no idea how he manages to believe that PvE players (at least in EVE) support symbiotic cooperation outside of scenarios where it’s required to be cooperative. His post has a stench of “inferiority complex”, which would be quite fitting for carebears in general.

There’s literally nothing more cooperative than going on a lowsec/nullsec roam where you, as a group, can actually lose stuff. There’s no such level of co-operation for PvErs in EVE. Unlike NPC content, ship combat can always go one way or another. PvE, on the other hand, always ends up the same once it’s figured out.

What do you think?

All you needed to do was warping along a group of people who did all the work and you got rewarded. Of the fleets I saw during the Invasion, a significant portion of these people must have been doing it out of pure greed. When everyone gets a reward just for being around then it’s guaranteed that there’s lots of greedy folks.

I think you’re not seeing this from an encompassing-enough (ISTHATEVENATERM??) perspective. Usually it’s not the PvErs per se who are the problem. @Jonah_Gravenstein is a PvEr and avoids PvP (which is also a form of PvP but that just further underlines my point), but he’s not a carebear. I did lots of PvE myself too. I never turned into a carebear, I just did PvE until I felt like this game must have more to offer.

It wasn’t the PvPers who started this “war”, if you want to call it. It was the carebears. PvPers do PvE as well, PvErs actively PvE and passively PvP (like Jonah), and there’s carebears who not just hate it when people try to PvP them, but also hate it when they have to watch out for people trying to PvP them.

There’s a reason why a Jonah is being respected, while a Balos isn’t.

Think about who’s actually the problem here. There’s one side that’s inclusive and the other side that’s exclusive. It’s not PvPers not accepting PvErs, it’s PvPers not accepting carebears, because carebears are the most intolerant, selfish, dishonest, narcisstic and toxic bunch of assholes you can find.

When you tolerate the intolerant …
… they will overrun you.

3 Likes

2 Likes

But there was the group of people who did the work, right?

That’s the usual problem here with our arguments. Some PVEers play for fun (casuals), some play for greed (carebears), some play for an idea (RP, FC). Some PVPers play for greed (gankers), some play for fun (casual), some play for an idea (warleaders, FC).

Everybody is right. Merin is right. Some PVEers do not want to deal with PVP in any shape or form. But is this opinion representative of the majority of PVE players? Idealistic PVPers are just as rare and unrepresentative of the majority of PVP players.

There, I love this graph so much.

• Killers prefer acting on players. I think those are idealistic PVPer.
  • Socializers prefer interacting with other players. Those are both PVP and PVE players. Interaction being killing, fleeting up, hanging out, trading, etc.
  • Explorers prefer interacting with the world. That’s challenging PVE, or new PVE, which hasn’t yet been solved. They do the solving. Like T5+ Abyss, Trig World Ark, Drifters etc.
  • Achievers prefer acting on world. Thats the rest of PVE, casual and solved grind.

There’s another great GDC talk by Jason Vandenberghe (Ubisoft, For Honor)
Engines of Play: How Player Motivation Changes Over Time
I think this talk is fascinating enough to justify the summon:
@CCP_Psych @CCP_Rattati @CCP_Dopamine @CCP_Convict
Can’t stress enough, please watch/listen. Hire him also.

3 Likes