CCP Hilmar, CCP Falcon, and CCP Goodfella reveal their plans for an Eve Era of CHAOS in this new interview!

One of the main selling points of Eve is that everything happens on a single server. The tech that allows us to have bigger fights will also allow us to do other things together with other players with less technical problems.

Again: You said it was easy to have large 6k+ fights with modern technology. Prove it. Do not try moving the goal-posts.

1 Like

Itā€™s not nice to lie to people.

1 Like

Heā€™s an ā€œexpertā€.

Ex as in has-been.
Spurt as in drip under pressure.

3 Likes

Are you now accusing me and everyone else who multiboxes of being BOTS?
Shame on you, bots are bad fullstop. Multiboxing has and always should have a place in Eve.
I am so tired of being accused constantly (not just here) of being a botter simply because i have and use multiple accounts.
Yes we are a social species, for the most part (Iā€™m pretty antisocial often) but we are also a species that prides itself on doing things others canā€™t or better than ā€œhimā€ or ā€œherā€ - We are competitive, which leads to people wanting to optimise their activities and time to achieve goals.
Read the part of my post where iā€™ll need 6 or 7 volunteers (forgot the webbing alt) just to move a JF. CCP would have to recruit way more than 16,000 per week just to keep up with the burnout/boredom of 8 clan mates required to move a single JF.

I think you need to look at how the game is played BEFORE you start advocating for removal of things that are integral parts of the game.

If you REALLY want a simplified Eve - Build your own, you can theme park it as much as you like but keep your ā€œeasy mode ideasā€ for MY game to yourself.

Actually, in the day it was - If you wanted a PVP character, you trained a PVP character - If you wanted and Indy char, you had to train an indy char.
It is only since the inception of buying SP that you could with any ease train 1 character to decent levels for multiple roles.

Eve isnā€™t called ā€œspreadsheets onlineā€ for nothing and many of us luv this aspect of the game.,.

1 Like

This is a truth, however.

1 Like

No, They are both destructive to any game, most especially eve. Im telling you right now most of us would ban them if we could properly police it with out major effort or cost to our companies.

Thats a game related issue, one i dont agree with why ccp did. Imo, there should be special ani-gates that can be dropped anywhere that only freighters can use.

Ironically as we talk, I am doing that.

Actually, This has always been a choice. however, putting everything on one toon was smarter in terms of training time (not having to re-train basic/support/defensive/ship stuff again).

The only real benefit you get out of splitting character focus is the ability to put them in different corps, or double production (if you spam two indy alts).

Its called that because you can do a lot of calculations via spreadsheets. Super nerdy stuff, but that is because of the complexity; Complexity which i advocate against, and ccp is ACTIVELY currently trying to reduce

I wrote:

Answer the question or deflect it some more and look like a bell-end.

Your move

I see that youā€™ve chosen the path of bell-end, or worse, and decided to ignore it all together.

Oh well, your choice.

BTW looks like local and comms in general ingame are borked again

Actually its called that because of the UI.

Now thatā€™s something that does need fixing; itā€™s a well established framework and afaik the hardware is AWS.

Going by precious implementations, and failures thereof, by CCP when using off the shelf clients Iā€™d say the problem is probably CCP. The old forums were a good example when all it required was a changing the character id in a plaintext cookie to log in as a dev, because CCP decided in their infinite wisdom to rip out the security features and implement their own.

When you can answer my questions weā€™ll have a conversation about it. Iā€™d imagine if you were intelligent you can put it together that if ccp can do this with old technology, you can do it with new, or even do it easier and better with new tech.

Assuming you have intelligence. This is what makes your position asinine.

1 Like

As the person claiming itā€™s easy, the burden of proof is on you.

As the person disputing your claim there is no burden of proof upon me until you provide yours.

This is a commonly recognised convention when debate takes place, ignore it at your peril.

Once again, your move.

Huh. When the Shutdown Alert came through, Local and Comms restored.

Thats interesting.

Triglavian hackers, coming to important infrastructure near you soonā„¢

1 Like

Wow, apparently bringing up the commonly recognised convention of burden of proof with regards to a claim being made, and disputing that claim is off topic.

Way to go @Naari_Naarian, way to goā€¦

Iā€™m almost embarrassed on your behalf.

4 Likes

It is off topic, in fact almost all of the comments posted in this thread are off topic, including this reply.

2 Likes

Im busy right now trying to resolve an issue with docking/undocking in my game. it takes priority over you.

I told you, im not interested in this conversation with you if you do not understand the things that will be discussed in it. Its like talking to a random person about heart surgery. You have to explain all of it and then maybe they might get some of it.

In general I would agree with you, for all intents and purposes the sub thread that has been running is off topic; in terms of the sub thread itself it was very much on topic, and not an unreasonable post by any means.

TL;DR you have no idea what youā€™re talking about so youā€™re going to deflect the question that was asked by several people and blame it on them.

No you arent, you had enough time to reply on a forum. Mustnt be a very interesting project.

1 Like