CCP should seriously consider removing Local from Null

If CCP removes local, that just makes it another “go big or go home” mechanic for the bears, which we already have a lot of. If you attack [insert huge alliance here], you’ll still get capship blobbed because it’s [huge alliance here] and most of them are in comms and fleet while ratting with cyno ready just so they can capship blob anyone who bothers them. If a small corp can’t field a capship blob or dock up for incoming, it just falls prey to cloaky hunters because they’ve found a target they can mess with. If this small corp doesn’t want to fall prey to cloaky hunters who can sneak in undetected, [insert big alliance here] is recruiting.

2 Likes

Should CCP remove local? yes

Should they overhaul scanning mechanics? yes

Should scanning be balanced around bad interface like with d-scan? no

Is any of this ever going to change? Hell no.

2 Likes

Yea, there is just too much ISK flowing in from them, also too much cap and citadel spam, and I do literally mean spam. These things need to have their costs increased maybe 10-20 times of what they are currently while simoultaneously cut those ISK faucets.

1 Like

The only thing I see resulting in removing Local completely from Nullsec,
is the fact quite a few people out there have dual screens, or like me screens large enough to have 10+ clients on it with room to spare.

It would take no time at all to adjust and place a cloaked ship on every gate, listen to it fire and take a peek, anything not blue then take action depending on situation.

That could mean anything from updating Intel chats, to warping out to a safe space, or docking up.

TLDR: Removing Local will only result in making it more difficult for hunter roams to get action outside of today’s normal AFK/Semi-AFK pilots.

Dual screens are so 2005… this is 2017. AI’s are watching twitch streams and provide automatic warnings.

Honestly, you are pretty stupid to think I am stupid to believe that bot programs are “watching” streams “and” making reports.

Now maybe a bot is cloaked somewhere and is programmed to detect a non-blue coming fresh into system and simply sends a msg like “+1 red” in [insert system], or something of similar effect.

Another thing, stfu with your strawman argument about the dual screen, you sound even more like a moron.

You want CCP to stop catering to null sec dwellers? Hahaha.
They will do the opposite.

Only victims like you, that have no place being in nullsec in the first place, would quit over this. No loss there.

1 Like

I lost that faith long time ago. The fact they finally want to do something with hisec this winter and they are messing with standing display clearly shows they want to do another “CCP like stupid thing”. So, they want to people finally leave hisec and join nullsec blocs which will never happen because they’ll just leave the game…

1 Like

[quote=“Max_Deveron, post:318, topic:9488, full:true”]I am stupid to believe that bot programs are “watching” streams “and” making reports.

bot is cloaked somewhere and is programmed to detect a non-blue coming fresh into system and simply sends a msg like “+1 red” in [insert system], or something of similar effect.[/quote]Replace stupid with “angry moron”?

[quote=“Max_Deveron, post:318, topic:9488, full:true”]Another thing, stfu with your strawman argument about the dual screen, you sound even more like a moron.
[/quote]Sorry too busy watching School Days on 42 inch screen that I found in the dumpster.

overall response rating 2/10, quite ignorant to last decade of advances in technology but the first part was funny

Sorry to have to break this to you, but intel channels are perfectly within the rules. Nothing more than sharing of knowledge.

No.

If anything, create a deployable structure like an ihub or TCU that can be disabled and takes fuel.
If it’s disabled, so is local.

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/back-into-the-structure

Considering i’ve gotten kills worth 10+bill in the last week in Nullsec, i’d say it’s still pretty unsafe…

Exactly, WH space is fundamentally different from NullSec. why would you take one of the key features that makes it unique and start spreading it everywhere else?
at that point why even bother living in a wormhole?

2 Likes

No, just no.

You could place a corporation ISK fee to enable local in Null.
You know, like the sov bill.

Nullsec is a lawless, violent space, so you could argue about companies not wanting to risk their hardware or invest in the security and maintenance for them in these desolate regions.

Nullsec space without a sov, or NPC nullsec space far from their capital system would have no local whatsoever, no questions asked, much like WH systems, and players could set-up Local services by paying an extra fee per system in sovereign space, getting more and more expensive the farther it is from the capital system of the region.

Huge alliances with a ton of space (and infinite money) would LOVE to spread these local capabilities around, specially in their ice mining systems, or risk having their few “local’d” systems cramped to hell and become unusable.

You could make it so that the capital system gets free local, as to not hurt the small guys.

Nullsec is NOT completely lawless space. this is one of the greatest myths of the game.

it is not PROTECTED space, but concord still exists there. who do you think you pay sov bills too? who do you think maintains the stargate network? who pays out bounties in null-sec and gives you sec status increases? just because concord does not punish you for pvp in null-sec does not mean it is outside of their jurisdiction.

WH space however is, there are no stargates, you get no standings increase for killing drifters, you get no bounties for killing them, and you get no local because there isn’t a stargate system that tracks who is in system.

If anything there should be a fee in null-sec to turn OFF local, bribes payed in order for concord to turn a blind eye to the system. but along with that bounties should stop being payed out in that system and sec status should no longer increase for ratting.

Maybe to balance it, make super-capital production only allowed in systems that have local disabled, “concord is cracking down on the proliferation of capsuleer super-capital ships. as such their production is no longer sanctioned in any concord monitored system”

3 Likes

Maybe an oposite way?
Why the SOV Null space should have local?
You want to OWN a SOV? Defend it - without local.

Then you have W-Space with gates instead of wormholes.

CCP has looked into this, and have stated repeatedly that they won’t remove local from Null until a better mechanic is in place.

1 Like