Change is coming

I thought some of this discussion was positive. Shame.

Its a pvp sandbox.

Don’t know if I would gloat about a “handed down” so-called victory, in the form of a mechanics change. It’s only slightly less respectable than grift.

But yeah 5 corps doing 50 percent of the decs with a 105:1 KD ratio is a bit overboard. There’s always that “what people say they do” versus what people are observed doing sort of thing.

Remember when RvB was exposed as a killmail mill?

1 Like

Sure…now just explain all the pve then.
Any pve means that it is less than 100% pvp.

1 Like

Are you actually serious? It’s a PvP sandbox. People compete with each other in various ways and harvesting resources or “PvE” is one part of that but it is in completion to others in an unsharded giant sandbox. PvP doesn’t just mean ship combat.

3 Likes

So not 100% pvp…
k thanks

1 Like

What are you even trying to say with this? Is there a larger point you try to make by proclaiming that some parts of the gameplay involve PvE? Because that’s not really a revolutionary discovery you know

That’s the point, wardec mechanics, I never understood why, so much hassle just to be able to legally engage within high sec,
let’s remove then concord police and we won’t have a need for wardec, easier enough , lol

I think pve only exists to let player have. two things, profit as rewards, LPs, and something to train with when no pvp is going on,

Have you ever experienced pvp mining btw? see people think pvp is just tackle , shoot, and all that, well, if a guy hits dscan to know what’s on system, is it coming here? , who’s in local? , all that. even if he’s a gas miner, probably that might also be called pvp, right?

it’s a 100% pvp otherwise it would have dissapeared long ago …
a tip for when “you” are in New Eden, don’t forget dscan when running missions.

“Ex Nihilo Nihil Fit”

PvE is there to fund and enable PvP, most of the results of it end up on the market in one way or another and trading is most definitely PvP. It also provides opportunity for PvP in many ways, some subtle, some not so subtle; especially for those with devious minds.

FYI CCP have traditionally considered pretty much every activity in the game as PvP, mining, trading, the lot.

2 Likes

So not 100% pvp.

That EVE isn’t 100% about pvp.

Not sure why people keep saying otherwise.

There is a common misconception that PvP anything is more challenging than nearly anything PvE. PvE is for carebears who are too emotional and too concerned about playing nice. Just think of caveman chest-beating and you should get the idea.

In reality the vast majority of players do both PvP and PvE to varying degrees depending on their current circumstances, and most PvP is simply about being able to follow directions and pressing F1-F8 from time to time, granted there are some situational exceptions.

So, as in many other instances in life, there are far too many who want to artificially create black and white out of many shades of grey for all kinds of reasons, most of them petty.

Its all about ego really.

1 Like

And you think that means what exactly?

The only shocking thing about this is that people are still shocked by things like this.

1 Like

It means what i said.

What do you think it means?

Are you trying to find a deeper meaning?
Someone said eve is a pvp game.
I simply disagree.

I mean holy ■■■■ it isn’t 100% pvp. FACT

EVE, like a lot of PvP-focused games, has PvE activities. It’s just during those activities there’s a chance that some player-to-player interaction will occur.

Calling EVE a “PvP Sandbox” is odd to me too; it’s just a sandbox, and activities in it aren’t exclusively PvP.

2 Likes

It was concepted and advertised as “PvP centric game with player run economy” if i remember right.

But there is nothing wrong with some engaging PvE content. The sandbox nature and diversity in activity that it offers is one of the strenghts of eve.

I personaly never liked the Pve aspect of the game that much. There are simply way better games for that purpose. But hey, why not, as long as it doesn’t evolve into a pve grinder game, i’m ok with it.

Here is a interview with the develpers from 2003:

1 Like

…you are not shareholder. But by all means, tell CCP how to run their business. Investors care about profit, how about you find a way to do what you like without stealing money from the investors. But don’t forget to keep posting so people interested in playing can see what kind of community we are.

1 Like

It is a pvp centric sandbox. It has both pvp and pve but you can fight other players mostly anywhere anytime with different risks and rewards. Except for inside npc structures and time delays on some player deployables and structures.
I love the PVE here and been playing it for over 10 years now. Maybe the forum pvp can be nerfed some more. :smiling_imp:

You mean you don’t understand how PvE elements can be part of a full PvP sandbox?

7 Likes