Close topic please

Wtf, man…
Seriously?

Seriously, the map has a significant value to a hunter and very little even none to a ratter, so pretending otherwise is trolling, so up yours.

What am I paying attention to exactly? D-scan? Cloakies and D-scan immune ships…

What do I get to balance off against the force projection of cyno’s

I am perfectly OK with an OA derived local, always have been, however as a hunter you are asking people to prep with OA’s to get local data on their hunting grounds, personally I could live with that, but how many can?

This is false.
The map data is the same for everyone.
What value you get ou of it, depends on how well you use it.

Lay off the pointless “up yours” crap.

As I said you are trolling, you cannot in all seriousness make that point, so up yours.

PS When I think you are trolling me I will always add that.

1 Like

Nothing I said was false.
Your constant insults and accusations are trolling and board violations, in and of themselves.

What are you doing, man?

Salvos sorry, but it is often hard to react to your … umm… opinion in a non-trolling maner. OP made a very bad suggestion. He wants to limit other players game experience so he can get more fun his way. Which is wrong.

Yes I have read the original post very carefully.

is plain wrong, even though he tryes to make it sound right via

We have NPC null we have tons of reasons why due to human factor there will still be no local even in sov systems etc…
Eve offers what he want - it is WH space. Ability “to add local” is plain childish attemp to justify game limitations, he wants to implement to rig his own incompetence.

1 Like

Yes it was, if you think that the map data has the same value to a hunter as compared to a person doing PvE without local or a delayed local then you are trolling me. So I seriously cannot believe that a man of your intelligence would be that stupid, so I think you are trolling me.

2 Likes

The map data is as valuable as what you use it for, for everyone.

Salvos, as far as I am concerned that type of evasion is beneath you. Seriously mate, it is sad what you do!

I am out of here, I made my points on the previous thread.

I am disappointed in you.

Ive used map data many times to identify low traffic systems for PvE,to avoid gatecamp, avoid local wars and many other functions

The data is just data, how you use it and to what effect, is up to you. Everyone has the same access to it.

Drop the “trolling” and insults.
You are doing that, not me.

Any player, anywhere, for whatever purpose, can check how many pilots are currently in a system anywhere in K-space, via map data.

Yeah, exactly, an OA derived local.

Unfortunately I found out about those after posting this topic

Just a structure or something that would enable/disable local. Nothing forced on anybody, if you want local, set this up and protect it.

It also makes sense – Null Sec is remote, backwater space with no CONCORD presence or infrastructure. It shouldn’t have local. However, when a corp moves it, they now have presence in the system and can upgrade it accordingly. This is much better than a lone pilot having real-time total visibility of an entire system.

As for the details, honestly, I couldn’t tell ya. There’s a lot of people here smarter when it comes to this game than me. It shouldn’t be an exact copy of WH space though, we already have that, just something to create more ways for players to attack other players.

The (old) map is a great tool for finding and avoiding pvp. It’s also unrealistic, but just like local chat, when it’s there, I use it.

It is much less advantageous for ratters though than it is for pilots who travel frequently (pvp, haulers, etc). I’ll agree there.

1 Like

The first time I discussed the OA for local was in the AFK cloaky thread on the old forums, Garth Telkin actually mentioned it and he seemed pretty sure that it was coming, and it makes total sense.

The issue is that it is unbalanced for hunters because obviously they will not have local, unless they pre-seed it or hack it. As I do PvE and hunt at times I understand that. Of course people blowing them up will force conflict, but it depends on how they are positioned in terms of price and survivability, you certainly do not want a ceptor being able to blow them up, also when I discussed it previously I thought that it should be vulnerable when active.

A structure that returns Local is redundant and anti-hunter.

Would mean prey get Local intel, and hunters dont.

Then hunters also have to go destroy the structure, under risk of drops/local defence, while all the time without Local intel that locals have thanks to the structure, just to equalize no Local intel for both sides, before they even start hunting there (and everyone safed up/reshipped/pinged ages ago).

Think about what you are saying.

How does adding content to the game limit other players? Not everybody plays the game like you do. This is about adding more content for more players.

I’ve never had local chat go out, ever…not ever…due to human factors. Did somebody at CCP spill their coffee and turn off your local?

As for the rest, you’re just resorting to cliche arguments from the last topic regarding local chat, despite me already covering them multiple times. Most the advantages/disadvantages of this would apply to big corps and not to solo players like me. I don’t want easy kills, I want possible kills. It’s not possible to kill ships that docked three jumps prior to you entering the system.

1 Like

Is it the reason, why in last two years all you killed solo were industrials, rokie ships and pods ? Since killboard also show other player killing solo ships, that are able to fight back, I seriosly doubt, that removing local will help you much. And yes, it is removing, not adding. Content will be removed also, cause all players, whose playstyle you plan to spoil that way will move to high sec or, rather, stop playing all together. Possibility to add local via some sov. upgrades will not help. Learn how to play instead of lowering the game to your current knowledge of it…

You’re both right, an OA enabling local for only the inhabitants would be 10x worse than local now.

The only way it would work is if the OA only enable/disabled local…so if you turn it on, everybody in the system has access to local. Same as it is now.

That would also be it’s disadvantage, hostiles would now have intel on your system immediately after entering.
-----When I enter a system, I look up killboards on all the inhabitants as i’m looking for targets and it tells me everything I need to know. Without local, I can’t do this. All I know is your ship type and possibly what you’re up to (wrecks, etc). The lack of info makes it more risky on my end.

As said in the locked thread, a lot of people in nullsec play the Empire war game of large fleets, that needs resources, what you are doing is asking for a change that makes it easier for solo players and small groups to impact the production of ISK and materials by players in all but the main highly protected area in the max form up TZ under their super umbrella.

In others words you will push nullsec to be a big boring blue donut and reinforce the dominance of the big blocks.

Many people myself included feel that this will make hunting too easy, we believe that the balance between hunting and prey in nullsec is correct as it is, which is very important in a game where losses matter.

Of course I can deal with it, the real question is whether I would want to deal with it, and as hunting has become so easy and devalued I might as well go find another game with the challenge I want.

I cannot get much clearer than that.

1 Like