Community experiment. Why the attitude?

Ops post is an appeal to humility. And some people are going to the extreme and acting like they are being accused of being demons. That was def not the point of op. But thats not for me to say.

1 Like

If you haven’t spotted any cases of this, you haven’t really been paying attention. Watch what makes news about EVE, and what the devs have to say about it.

If some of the people you meet act like Aholes, then they are probably Aholes.
If all the people you meet are Aholes then, statistically, the chance is super high YOU’RE the Ahole and people simply react accordingly.

Yes, Rookie can get problematic and this weekend has been “a bit rowdy” but on the whole it’s fine. So if someone goes “everyone reacts horribly to me” then that’s a him problem.

One of the biggest problems in Rookie Help is one week old noobs trying to show off how thoroughly they now understand the game and ‘helping’ the one day old noobs.

1 Like

this bounty thing did not age well…

It had a troubled childhood too. Let down by society, misunderstood… the poor bugger never stood a chance.

No wonder it ended up in a boozy coma in a dark alley on Rens…

2 Likes

For a long while vets were not allowed in the rookie help chat . . . it was purposefully ‘the blind leading the blind’. I had to get special permission to be allowed in and I met at least 2 vets who continually made new pilots every 30 days to be able to stay in and help.

m

2 Likes

Yup, beyond that you could always get in using “that special link” and none one would care about using your old char so once I learned it made it a lot easier.

People can’t even read MOTD or use Google/Youtube to help themselves in 2023 sadly.

4 Likes

Why post two helpful sentences when you can post ten paragraphs of vitriol? Or so say these NPCs that never log into the game.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

Same for new npc corp per creation of char they dump into. Most better able to guide folks when we make new alts put them into a place holder one man most of us have or make a new one lol.

NOt even elitism and can’t be seen with the noobs thing. Its to cut out npc taxing lol. Noob tutorials and SOE if run is at least some points to get extra SP for completes and the money from bounties can be okay while there.

Can you try editing before you post?

2 Likes

I want to know if eve players cherish this snottiness above growing the community.

When a New Pilot visits the Star while your trying to have some lunch with a nice backdrop.

Your In My Spot

/Should also give credit when credit is due by mentioning that not every pilot under my command treats New Pilots as Space Garbage.

Frostpacker supports your New Pilot

Frostpacker looks out for pilots who can use isk way better than we can.

That’s paranoia. The attitude isn’t different than other games. In some cases better. In others…

1 Like

Basically. and at least one dude I saw who uses fw npc chat to push this message at the bottom says by all means, block me! and…blocked. they are nice enough to not come in as 20 alts. I can give them that.

Coming from wow, one could fill up you block list with the carrie sellers, gdkp sellers, boosters, etc in say about…2-3 days. I forget the limit but there is one. It took me 3 days to reach it in classic. And still the gdkp and level boost spam came in.

1 Like

If you were more than a week old, you’d know it is most certainly not paranoia.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah there are enough idiots in the game that it becomes noticeable.
I asked about the “lawlesss” systems and was told that I was salty about my loss. There definitely is some kind of stupid projection there.

1 Like

Its free killing time the tl;dr.

We cannot cyno cap in.

But we can bubble. This however gives sec and standing hits. Its complicated.

Bomber can bomb. But this too gives standing/sec hits for wreck destruction. Its again, complicated.

Guide to using rookie help channel:

1. As a rookie:
  • Read the Message of the Day - it’s in the channel header and you can reload it.
  • Ask your question in a clear way, as precise as possible with your current knowledge
  • Read all the answers directed at you
  • Ignore the acidic answers and the useless comments (it’s the internet, it happens)
  • Do not start an argument if you do not like the offered solution. That is the surest way to land on block lists.
  • Nice to do: report back to the channel if the solution worked.
  • The help channels are for EvE related questions only, not for “conversation”.
  1. As a vet:
  • Make sure you are 1) a veteran and 2) genuinely want to try to help new players
  • Read the MotD
  • Make certain you address the core of the question. Try to imagine what the rookie is struggling with.
  • Give answers only to questions that you feel match your expertise and experience, do not guess.
  • Do not force solutions on new players, keep your distance and stay neutral.
  • If the answer is too complicated / lengthy to handle on the channel, offer the rookie to move to private convo instead.
  • Nice to do: some followup if possible. It treats the rookie as an individual.
  • Do not start arguing with other veteran helpers. The right answers will reveal themselves sooner or later. Stay neutral.
  • Discourage off topic chatter, but keep it relaxed.
  • Report repeated infractions of the channel’s rules (support).
4 Likes
  • Make SURE that you approach the Rookie’s question, and thus the answer, from the perspective of that rookie. No point in going “well that’s EASY” because it’s easy for you/non-rookies or giving them fits or solutions that some 3 day old newbie simply would never be able to do or pull off.

Example: many people think that some 3 day old rookie can just do “gas huffing in WH space”, they can’t. They have no idea of what WH space entails, how to get there, navigate there, survive there, find a gas site they can do, doing it while avoiding being blown up to then somehow make it back to their Trade hub of choice ALIVE and sell their gotten gains. And that’s beyond the fact that the skill costs 30 mil which for a rookie is “holy wth” and pretty much would also have bought them a cruiser.

A rookie like that is still struggling with the basic UI and learning how to navigate, they could get extremely LUCKY but that’s about it. Any few day old character proclaiming they did anything like that was a) personally mentored or b) more likely not a new player but an alt pretending to be new.

5 Likes