Connection Lost Frustration

+1

1 Like

still happening. CCP’s approach is, as always, denial. Even when the log shows

|2019-07-02T09:53:19.391Z|default|debug|“An exception has occurred. It has been logged in the log server as exception #2\r”|
[… going to exception #23 ]

Started playing Eve again a week ago… Everything has been fine uptill today after 11 eve time server reset. I get the same connection Lost message as the rest of you guys. I get it after about 1 minute from logging in, have tried to clear cashe and files but to no resove of the issue. Has not been able to play at all today.

Please fix thanks in advance.

I get this problem repeatedly, different computers, different internet providers, I’m hoping CCP will address whatever the issue is.

Same issue, sometimes online for a couple of minute, sometimes an hour. Surly there is a fix for this???

I also agree old chat should be brought back, Every time I system jump, the game lags as it loads up the local & corp chat.

Started up EVE again after a few years of rest, get’s this disconnect as described above randomly between 10 - 30 min gameplay. It’s kind of enoying for a returning player :confused:.
Is VPN the answer? And why does it work better with a VPN connection? Does not really make sense.

I was running EVE client with logging yesterday, don’t remember exactly, but i think it was the GPS module throwing the disconnect exception. (Will double check later tonight).
Any one see the same error?

VPN can work better because your VPN provider provides more direct networking than the traditional ISP. ISPs try to save money by bundling traffic together, and shipping it all over the place before it reaches its destination. You pay slightly more for VPN service, and your ‘mail’ goes directly to its destination. It’s like the difference between the Post Office and FedEx.

In theory, an ISP could offer to sell you a ‘premium’ internet service package, but that would require them to admit they aren’t already offering you premium service. It’s like expecting Wal-Mart to improve the quality of its deli meat.

Your mileage may vary, but I was having continual disconnects, and tried a VPN as others have suggested- it immediately started working. Turned the VPN off, back to disconnects. Turned the VPN back on, no issues. Turned it off, constant disconnects. Lately it’s been working fine with the VPN off as it usually has in the past, but whenever a cable gets cut in Kalamazoo, or a trawler hits the line off Norfolk, your ISP is gonna dump your EVE traffic in favor of its corporate customers. If you pay a VPN, they’ll treat your EVE traffic like its a priority download of the latest bootleg movie.

The issue with EVE is it is hypersensitive to packet loss - other games can get away with it, but they are running a much smaller server. EVE is sensitive enough that a lot of typical ISPs will struggle to deliver data at an acceptable rate.

Well OK that makes sense. Will try to find a good and reasonable VPN provider, no harm done in trying :slight_smile:
Thanks!