[Discussion] Community Safety in EVE Online

Yes, they simultaneously post everything here and on r/Eve
They’re also more active in responding to the community there as well.

1 Like

Don’t flag just to flag. If you’re unsure, check the rules. If it doesn’t break a rule, don’t flag it. Thanks.

8 Likes

Then theres no information there that isnt here.

Thanks anyway

Oh yes there is, but you do you.

How about you follow your own advice and when a question isnt addressed to you, you mind your own business instead of offering utterly useless advice next time?

1 Like

The question was directed at me.

No the question was directed at CCP and you took it upon yourself to answer it.

1 Like

Hello @Arya_Yeshe ,

You are absolutely right, but since this is about avoiding problems related to unwanted behavior by some, we must immediately put into practice what I wrote in my very first post in this thread, in particular to my point 3-, namely don’t feed the troll:

So you’re probably not doing the right thing to increase the quality of content in all threads, namely: blocking all the annoying trolls and useless lollipops from this forum!

I proceed as follows: I apply the following rule to know who I must block, and who I do not block on this forum. As soon as a nickname exceeds 9 posts under a single subject, I switch it directly to my list of [Users Ignored], and there, take my word for it, not only does it automatically clean up for you, but on top of that, you gain in quality from all the remaining comments that you will read!

For this, go to [Preferences][Notifications][Users][Users Ignored] and +Add what you want Forever…

In short, what happiness!

So. Don’t feed the troll. Put on your own shield.

Ully Loom

1 Like

Or you could just go after the ones abusing the flagging system. I know, too much like work.

I think it’s more of a burst type of thing, after this whole event people are just going overboard I’m sure it will die down.

You also forgot they encourage racial division. That’s what faction warfare is, different races fighting each other. If ccp was truly all inclusive, there would only be one race on eve.

And just have civil war instead?

1 Like

I think we reached a common goal here. The ISD wants us to behave like humans/adults (hard for some) and in turn we expect the ISD to go after the abusers. We all win!

It’s like the police tells us to behave within the law and we tell the police to go after the criminals.
We gotta work together. Hard for some I know too much like work to help each other out. Everyone wins!

Travel I guess.

He was just messing with people mostly please can you link the abusive post. I think this is one of those monkey situations where one person sais that he was abusive becuase he said HTFU one time and then 3 eve generations later people are like he is a monster! Please… proof or gtfo with your 3rd generation stories.

3 Likes

I don’t remember the game ever advertising itself as toxic.

People are toxic, you can still burn sandcastles of others and still be respectful towards the person, while exploding his ship. Or watch your castle being burned down without resorting to base insults towards the people that do.

Just because a game allows you to shoot people does not give you or the victim the right to act like an ass. Sadly many do. Some people even make a game of it to see how much more they can antagonise the victim. That I do not agree with. Kill and move on. Same for the other side. Just because a person like pop ships does not mean he is like that in real and definitely does not mean you can now freely insult them as you please.

Words do have consequences, I think people forget that. In the past people get called something, while hurtful there was never really an avenue or platform for complaint like there is now. People have not changed , they just have access now to more tools to make these issues more visible. It is why ignore people that say things like “we were never this soft in the past” because they are clueless.

4 Likes

EXACTLY! Imagine the Eve lore with a civil war in the story.

The lore should be what players do, not what writers make up.

Also, there’s only one sentient race in EvE unless you count Rogue Drones

1 Like

Actually I find many pvp games far more enjoyable the less you interact with the community verbally. I play pvp to fight, not to talk or read some nonsense in local. The rare positive interaction really isn’t worth the 95%+ negative reactions that gaming communities tend to create to me. I’m not even offended by most of it; it’s just reading the chat is a waste of time. So is having to block all these people whom I may never even see again. So turning it off just makes sense.

My fleet mates are more than enough company for social interaction as well.

They should allow you to disable chat, but it adds a snowflake icon to your profile.

5 Likes