[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

Unless you allow it to roll into Alpha.

PA quite possibly told the directors that they would lose bonuses and even their jobs if they didn’t make money. It would explain the current CCP mindset. I feel sorry for them and the players that have put so much of their lives into the game.

1 Like

Subbed my accounts for 12 months, which runs out just about… now. Perfect timing. Now to find another game. What is that you say…Star Citizen?

Why I feel this way was supported by the sentence right before your quote. It is my belief that PA forced this price increase. So it was not a “typical” argument, It is very specific to this case.

Thats very true. As I also said in the sentence before your first quote.

1 Like

I am curious. If you don’t mind me asking, what was it that pushed you over the edge?
Was it the $1.54 per month that the yearly subscription increased by or was it the principal of any increase at without new content? Was it something else?

If this thread is going to be of any real value, I think it would be important for people who are leaving to share why they decided to do so.

1 Like

There’s more to it than that though. I reckon CCP would have pissed off way fewer vets if only they announced the recent changes at the same time.

The way it’s developing right now is the less established players getting a less favorable deal than the vets, especially with multi-boxers going back to the old pricing now on additional accounts.

It’s looking more and more like the newbies and casual players are being picked to foot the new bills.
Buying PLEX to exchange for ISK, isn’t all that interesting even at 3.4 million ISK, when you can make a billion in a couple hours. So that’s +25% for the smaller players.
Subs for 3 (+24%) months and 6 months (+21%), again for players with limited free time and/or other hobbies.

Clown had a good point about not favoring multi-boxing too much for the sake of the game, but it looks like we’re going to get exactly that. Meanwhile new blood is pushed further away.

Can’t do much about it, but we can at least observe. Might as well enjoy the show from the sidelines.

1 Like

Going back and looking again at the pricing, I can’t help but notice the inherent disconnect in that 500 PLEX is now $25 while a one-month sub is $20. I get that PLEX is a liability from an accounting standpoint, but this feels like a bit of a slap in the face to players.

It has always cost more to Plex an account than to subscribe.

Can you explain what the “slap” to players is?

Why can’t people learn to save money and buy omega in bulk :frowning:

People find a lump sum price so much scarier than burning money month to month. If you’re here saying these prices are bad but sub month to month, come back to this comment in a year since you will likely be subbed, and you just threw away so much money over all those months. :frowning:

maybe they cant you ignorant *****-

1 Like

You ignorant git. If someone is having trouble paying for it monthly they are hardly going to have the cash for a lump sum.

Didn’t really think about the money till they drew my attention to it with the sub increase. Been playing the game since 2005, time for a change, they saved me hundreds of pounds, cheers CCP.

1 Like

So, it’s ok knowingly burning significant amounts of money playing month to month? @Ploing

Somehow people who now are burning extra money month to month here and when I point this out, I am now the bad guy? Yeesh :frowning: I made other responses here explaining how people who are playing EVE most likely have the means to buy bulk omega. If your THAT strapped for cash I would reevaluate your situation!

1 Like

You missed April Fools day by alot! I play 3 accounts now when the subs are done Ill be playing none. Now you guys are going after your bread and butter players, people that have mulitple accounts. You dont make up losses due to player drop by taxing the remaining players!

You are going the WRONG WAY!

Lower your prices! get you base back in the game and add cool things to keep them there!

Also people saying to buy in bulk. Who would want to buy 2 years worth of game that might not be here in 2 years? This is a dying game move and if it wasnt dying before it is now!

1 Like

At the risk of being called ignorant (or something worse)…

I’m old, and I look it. The practice of thrift has not aged well, either.

Of course, you can only save if you have spare funds. If you’re up against it already, and teetering over the chasm of Penury, you will not be able to put anything aside - let alone for a piece of entertainment like EVE.

My family was not a rich one, but both my parents were savers, often going without what some folks would even then have regarded as necessities. I lacked nothing important.

Saving did and does require self-restraint. But generations brought up on the availability of easy credit and deferred payment schemes have become used to having most of what they want almost as soon as the notion occurs to them.

It doesn’t set them up to be patient or long-suffering, though.

Here comes the awful word, ‘Should’.

“I should be able to afford this game.”
“CCP should make the game easier/cheaper/less dangerous…”
“The world should be as I would like it.”

There will always be people who are poor, through no fault of their own. But there are also misers, who want everything on the cheap - and not because they are too poor to pay for it.

If you unsub for 3 months and save your pennies, you can resub for a 3 month period at the end of the 3 months, and save for the next 3 month sub while enjoying the current one. Perhaps you could play as an Alpha during that first period. This method requires disposable income and self-restraint.

Of course, if you give some people £100, they’ll spend £100 - and probably very quickly. I was a bit like that in my twenties…

If you can, save and spend is better than spend spend spend!

2 Likes

Yea except that you don’t realize the cost it takes to sub in a year or 2-year options. So, with my 10 accounts its 1500 or 2700 to sub all of them.

And it still is better than going month to month! Even the smaller bundles are still well worth it! @Sasha_Nemtsov makes great points of saving and patience. I agree with everything he has said.

Stretch out money and make it do more with less. I don’t consider social/economic status or if this price increase was justified or not. Why would anyone want to throw away money when they can save it? My family was always $$ conscious. Saving money takes a lot of self-discipline and the means to do it!

As for boxing. times do get tough, and my arguments have been based on a singular account.

However, my main point is why would you want to burn more money in the current situation month to month. When there are options were 2 years is the biggest discount. And three months is the same price as before?

This is really important that everyone should value but I honestly think is lost in the younger generation.

So, I am supposed to max out or go over my credit limit to sub my accounts at the lowest cost? Got good to know.

1 Like

Saving is all about restraint and living within your means. If the means change a person must adjust. @xHxHxAOD

1 Like

Instead of being a couch potato, use the 1500-2700 to buy a bicycle and get fit.

No need to thank me,

3 Likes