[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

A good reason to make sure your mining permit is upto date.

I just watched a video on Youtube that kinda drove everything home.

The thesis of the video was that ever since the the sale to Pearl Abyss, everything that CCP has done has driven monetization. CCP says that they are adjusting things, but when you crunch the math, it is just moving stuff from bucket to bucket in ever more creative ways to encourage people to spend more money.

After watching the video, everytime I log in and see them pushing whatever special deal they have, it provides reinforcement that we are not playing EVE Online. We are playing (and paying for) EVE The Cash Grab. That Pearl Abyss has ordered Hilmar to squeeze the last peso out of EVE online before it fades into nothingness or fall on that two handed sword.

Sigh.

11 Likes

For “some” reason, I never needed one. Go figure…

2 Likes

This captures my feelings exactly. It’s not that I can’t afford the new prices, it’s the overwhelming disappointment over what Eve has become.
Being disabled I would play for 10 hours a day doing things I enjoyed while making reasonable ISK, Now it is a mind numbing grind for too little reward. PvP was always hard for me because of the disabilities, but manufacturing was a good way to interact with the community. CCP destroyed that for the independent player,
After CCP sold fitted ships, and the impact of realigning resources, I decided to let my Omega’s expire. I currently have time left on 1 omega, but the other three are alphas. I check in from time to time with little hope CCP will somehow change course.

9 Likes

Good evening,

It was inevitable that such a type of video would surface in such a context…

So thank you for this link to this video which perfectly sums up what many here also think…

Ully Loom

1 Like

That tends to happen when you douce yourself in ganker repellant spray.

No, we do not need more scarcity… it’s so hard to gather the materials needed to build capital ships, it’s sickening, we need more gas, ore, and ice anomalies, in all secs. and for the cost to play eve, I don’t agree with you, I didn’t mind before the recent price change giving eve 200$ USD a month, but when they change the price and give us nothing in return other than fixing the mess they made, to begin with, yea not cool, if we had heraldry now, and a few other things they brought up at Eve Fest now, like the discount for guys like me who run massive alts, and skins for our stations, and less SCARCITY… not who knows when, could be never, but right now, then I would Gladly hand over 5 more dollars per account per month, but raising the price with nothing to give us was ■■■■■■■■, and the numbers clearly show that is how most payers feel, eve has steadily dropped its player count since eve fest … Eve will die if the guys running things now keep running them, they have no idea how to please the Eve community

My dear @AbraxasCadmus, @ntopios was being sarcastic - every single post of his is pure sarcasm. He is a master of the genre.

1 Like

i totally feel you ,and i can assure you that ccp is focusing on the current market problem .The solution is coming and will fix the demand and prices of every single item in the game.You can have every component to build your capitals ships throw the new eden store where you can buy all in game items with your credit card .

I assume you trying to be funny, but the game is pointless due to being able to buy plex from the store then sell it.

If you for example come from the UK and earned the minimum wage, the plex you can buy for 1 hours real life work is equivalent to something like 8 hours mining at 100mill an hour, effectively earning £1 an hour ingame, so why bother mining in EVE, why not just get your credit card out?

Besides, who in their right mind wants to mine? Much more fun watching a miner go BOOM!

1 Like

“…then scoop the loot.” There you go, that’s how you earn ISK in-game and have fun at the same time without paying $$$. :wink:

not realy, it’s the pvp that tend to retain player here

Its not the pvp, its the group activity that holds them, the idea of being in a big gang. I remember when Eve was advertising 300k active accounts and the biggest null fight as 6k, which blows that argument out of the water. Some pvp games are down by 3m players according to Steam and Eve is way down at the bottom of that list with 4.5k. People don’t have time and Eve really wants to be a second job.

1 Like

Hi there,

I did a little experiment to see if what I thought could be confirmed through this simple experiment.

I made an assessment of the real price of the Federation Grand Prix jackets. And for that, I simply made the choice to participate in the Grand Prix.

Tough this Grand Prix, since you have to keep your eyes open for no less than around 7-8 hours. I first started with an Astero whose warp speed I was able to push around 10 AU/s. I blew my face off at a stage located in Low Sec where I stupidly lost a few implants (I had forgotten to jump clone, but it wasn’t a big deal so I continued the experience), then, after a well-deserved break of more than around 12 hours (because this Grand Prix is ​​both long and repetitive, I resumed the race with a Dramiel whose warp speed I was able to push to around 16 UA/s (hyperspace modules + all boosters activated) And again, I blew myself up at a gate located in Low Sec.

Hey! Well believe me, I was very happy to finish this damn race counting almost 500 jumps alone (I don’t know exactly how many there are), and to win the jackpot, namely a crate containing two Federation Grand Prix jackets (one for men and one for women).

Given the difficulty that such a race alone represents (method, endurance, patience, perseverance, etc.), I bet that many capsulers will not reach the end, it is so exhausting, even trying. Many will give up before the end. Moreover, the obvious risk of blowing your head off in the middle of such a race can deter more than one, and this well before the starting line; CCP also lies like a tooth-puller when she announces a race in High Sec totally secure; it’s wrong, and I got fooled because of it, but whatever.

What matters, however, is the scarcity of resulting jackets since it seems obvious that such a race will not have many winners at the finish. So I placed a sell order of 750,000,000.00 ISK for one of the two jackets (the one for men) and I see that some sellers have even gone up to 1 billion, which seems a bit excessive to me . But that’s not the worst, since at the same time, many sellers have put sell orders on these jackets well below 100 million.

The reason is simple: CCP made the unfortunate decision to sell these two jackets via their Hyperspacial Pack at 34€99! Morality, it is therefore all these pseudo-players ready to stupidly spend their IRL money for easy and effortless access to virtual cosmetics, who then place orders to sell these jackets on the New Eden market, while just as stupidly breaking their real price.

This is therefore further proof that CCP manipulates virtual prices by cheating to defend its own interests only; in this case, CCP constrains the rarity of a jacket offered for sale, in order to reduce the chances of virtual personal enrichment of the winners of the Federation Grand Prix. Why are they doing this? It’s simple. CCP presumably needs money, so they cannot conceive that players can be encouraged in the game, to PLEX their subscriptions. And never mind the fact, in their eyes, that the winners of the Federation Grand Prix are affected and come out frustrated. Ultimately, CCP cares little for the art of frustration marketing, encouraging ever more players to take the path of defection.

Q. As I said above, I participated in this Grand Prix of the Federation for experience purposes, and I do not come out of it frustrated, quite the contrary, but I think of all the victorious capsulers who perhaps hoped to profit from this Grand Prix; if this is the case, we will have to convince some sellers (some of whom may be in the pay of CCP, who knows) to please stop slashing the prices of these jackets on the New Eden market…

So keep it up my dear Hilmar, with your business strategies on the cheap, and this in particular by ignoring, as you have been doing for several years, the player base of EvE Online, and you will end up, you and your business, in the wall; it is now absolutely obvious:

Such a waste !

In the meantime, good luck to all the capsulers who will try the Federation Grand Prix despite everything, not having 34€99 to pay for virtual cosmetics. With everywhere IRL, a wave of historic increase in interest rates, the era of easy money is definitely over. With inflation helping, players will therefore have to rely on their meager savings to live on, and CCP should have anticipated this.

Ully Loom

1 Like

CCP was always adamant that this game should never be an “idle miner”, that any activity in game should require attention.

This is why autopilot doesn’t just warp you straight to a gate. So that if you screw up and autopilot through a high-risk spot, you will lose your ■■■■.

Belt rats in high sec exist so that you can’t just forget you’re sitting in a belt and for an hour.

The game was designed from the outset to provide a sense of constant danger in all activities.

The majority of players embrace that danger. Revell in the thrill of risk and reward.

Missions haven’t changed in 15 odd years because the missions themselves are meaningless beyond loot and DPS, they’re just an excuse to get you undocked, consuming ammo, producing loot and populating space. To get you taking risks.

The thing that keeps them interesting is the crew you run them with, and it’s that crew you run with that can turn the tide on those “bottom-feeders”.
That risk is yours to manage.

2 Likes

u need to get a better job so u can pay more money to ccp

1: the Jackets from the event are different designs to ones being sold in the afterburner and warp packs

2: You failed to mention that there was a cheaper pack that also has the same jackets in, this pack costs the same as 1 month of omega, which also includes 1 month of omega and some other extras, making the jackets essentially free

I could put on my bunny ears and go back to robbing banks, will tell them it is for my EVE subscription.

3 Likes

So the Jacket I mine is not free???

Hello @Drake_Iddon

FAKE! They are pretty much the same jackets, which makes it even worse because of the confusion!

Indeed, I could have quoted this example of rotten pack which reduces to nothing the real value of these jackets, thus impacting all those who have attempted or will attempt the Federation Grand Prix…

Readers of the forum will be able to adjust the conclusions of my experience as they should be:

#HyperspacePackGate

Ully Loom

ps : a small note in passing, 4164-3721=443 replies have already been deleted under this topic; long live censorship…