Does eve have an elitism problem?

Hey thanks a lot Herzog, I do intend to try and get more people out here living in Stain one day, your generosity will definitely help that effort, Thanks a lot. I will be sure to pass on your generosity to cool players who wish to give Stain a go. :slight_smile:

I hear you on the RL, These days I am maintaining a market and doing the odd ratting for materials which suits me ok for the time I have available. Eve is still the best game I have ever played and I will be involved for many more years to come.

Indeed.

Due to Herzog’s generosity I will be there for him when he decides to come back and make a new start. The best thing about Eve Online is actually the cool and epic people you can meet. :smile:

Do you want a lowsec gate to Stain?

Alright, I’ll log in and take a look at what I got out there. been a long time.

1 Like

I suppose I may be poking fun.
Or maybe I am not, it feels like most discussions are just there to end the discussion.

1 Like

More routes into Stain would be easier. I like hard.

1 Like

Then you wouldn’t be playing in nullsec.

1 Like

Where is hard from your perspective?

The reason I find Stain hard is because I am totally alone, If I want pvp out here I have had to face much higher odds in almost all of my engagements.

There isn’t much out here in Stain due to the markets being bare, and there is no carrier route only a JF route which is too risky. I have actually been lucky 2 or 3 times and found wormholes leading directly to a system 7 or 8 jumps from Jita.

Some of my characters out here don’t even dock due to it being too risky for a lone wolf to fly up and down arterial routes. There are some groups that go on organised regular roams.

If living in Stain was easy then there would be more people out here.

Where ever you go in Eve as long as you have a carrier route from my perspective I’d say you have it easy. I’ve got stacks of stuff ready to sell to the Jita boys for pretty good money, I have survived in Stain because of my easy link to high sec. Once that was gone I had to adapt again, I’ve been run out of the original area I was living in and I’ve also had corp members steal everything from me, all i was left with is the ships in my personal hanger and another set of T1 bluprints in another location. I rebuilt my wealth back from nothing.

Because I was outnumbered I have had to analyse my opponents tactics really well and use strategies where I have lost ships but also caused the destruction of one of their slightly more expensive ships. from my perspective that’s actually my idea of a successful op.

2 Likes

What we all apparently need is a way to make sure everyone else actually has a good mental image of what the other person is doing, because apparently the game allows for this to differ to such immense degrees, that misunderstandings basically must happen. Interesting!

Nice post. It’s a bit confusing though.
You claim Stain is hard, because you are alone.
Can you understand that, from an outside perspective, that makes no sense? :smiley:

How hard is it to survive in Stain, when you are alone?

1 Like

I read it as he has no friends in there. And null-sec without friends is the most dangerous area of space.

How is it any different to jspace?
The only difference to low, that I see, is that they don’t have bubbles.

Isn’t nullsec far too empty to be considered dangerous, except for certain areas?

Nullsec without local would help those without friends not have free automatic intel already working against them. Just saying.

Makes perfect sense to me. You suffer from selective reading meaning that you are only using one part of what I said to make your points seem better than mine and to evaluate.

I also said that the markets are almost bare and I also mentioned that there is only a risky JF route. Also use these major points to determine the difficulty level of Stain.

What’s hard is living like this and having to adapt. you get to understand the value of assets and how hard you have to work to protect them.

1 Like

It’s long known that this “all roads lead to Jita” thing is a cancer on the game. I remember the pre-Jita years. They were better times. Jita has done for Eve what big-box stores have done for small towns.
(this has been a problem particularly in the USA )

2 Likes

Sure … it’s my fault and selective reading … and not your fault for telling me that being alone is dangerous. Your post does nothing to clear that up. You expect me to understand your experience, and you’re thinking that makes sense. Well … no, it doesn’t.

Maybe March Rabbit hit the nail on the head? All I see, from what you wrote, is that you like being alone. No where did you ever actually explain why that makes it dangerous. Are there many people active there? More than usual? Afaik most nullsec is just empty space, so being alone, again, doesn’t really connect well to dangerous.

Never been in Stain, btw, and nullsec is too empty for my taste. Except, of course, when I’m surrounded by blues, which is even worse than being all alone.

1 Like

It’s starting to seem that you are in the wrong game. If such a game is marketed as a PVP game where players fight and loose assets then it should stand to reason that if one chooses to be alone when most other people choose to be in groups the person on their own will find it harder.

Why have I got to hold your hand and explain to you why being alone in Eve online is harder?

Been trying really hard in this post, but in the end I’ve removed all the text. Three paragraphs of trying to make you understand.

In the end I’ve realized that you just really WANT to see me as a troll or whatever, and thus simply refuse to just explain it properly. You reminded me so hard of Dracvlad in that moment, that I’m just opting out of waiting for an explanation, and out of talking to you, because you’re just being an ass now.

Feel free to have the last word.
You guys really seem to need it.

1 Like

Sorry if I was abrupt with you. You’re right I should be more open to being asked about my perspective and to explain further.

Feel free to ask me anything and I’ll do my best to answer you.

Generally playing Eve alone is a little harder because nobody has your back and you only have yourself to rely upon. Many of the enemy fleets I avoid have 3 or more guys all flying specific ships so one might be flying an ECM ship to disable my targeting and another might be in an interdictor to generate warp bubbles. When I come across such enemies I have to get safe and cloak up until they lose interest otherwise my ship is lost and difficult to replace due to there not being much on the market in Stain.

2 Likes

It’s an MMO
It’s been around 15 years
Yes, that’s how it works. People playing for years forget how breaking in is difficult. They create a new character, optimize it perfectly and wonder why someone who just joined can’t do the same. It only costs 100m to do it this way. They make that every time they sneeze.
One skill injector gives you all the skills you need to be effective
Thousands of hours of fine tuned, player skill, let’s them compete even when at a disadvantage.

That’s how it works in any MMO. Other games, you twink characters, buy levels, that sort of thing. Here it’s skill injecting, optimizing and all that. It sucks, but it’s normal. Welcome to the internet. Message boards, forums, blogs, games, chat rooms, doesn’t matter where you go, those who have been there the longest have the same attitude. Those that get in good with them, pick it up as well. New people who would greatly contribute, get shoved away for insults and griefing. It sucks because it could add so much community to the game.

But that’s the internet. No matter where you go. (I wrote for a Christian Blog network for a couple years. Was like that even there)

1% of the population has over 80% of the wealth in Eve. I’d imagine 10% has 99%. Everyone gets to struggle. To be fair, that’s how people originally had to do it, when EvE first came out. There were no guides, paths of optimization and so forth. The only difference now is you gotta hope that 10% doesn’t get bored and come knock down your sandcastle. They will, but hopefully you’ve caught the addiction by then, that you plan and try it again.

The only real difference between now and the before times is null sec. It’s fairly inaccessible. Sure there are ways to experience some of it. But much of it really is locked out unless you become a mindless member of one of the collectives. But what can be done?

1 Like

While that’s certainly possible in most games with a decent character creator (and some creative role-playing), I think the word you were looking for in this instance is ‘tweak’.