For Folks who are 'Leaving'

I tend to agree. There’s no such thing as ‘purely’ PvE in Eve. Having now been ganked twice while in the middle of PvE I came my closest to just quitting.

I’m in a universe full of heroes who wait till someone’s shields are low from PvE…then attack.

It’s not that I object to ganking, or the cowardly nature of a lot of it, or was not aware of the dangers, but that sense of the balance of power being totally askew when it comes to ganking. Gankers choose the lowest cost ships and don’t care about losing them. How do you fight that ? You cannot proactively go after them in a bigger ship…well, you can but then the ganker still wins costwise.

The gankers win. The gankers will always win. Orwell’s ’ imagine a boot stamping on a human face— forever’ comes to mind.

2 Likes

Link the losses, and you’ll get more advice than you’d ever expect.

29 DPS Condor vs 400 DPS Catalyst…I’m surprised the ganker needed help from Serpentis :slight_smile:

And you know what ? I went back there an hour later in ‘El Condor Pasa Mk 2’

That doesn’t look like a ganker to me. Pretty much all of their kills are in low-sec, and no ship losses to CONCORD, aside from the one from killing you.

It looks like there’s a story behind that kill. How did it happen?

Lol…what does a ganker ‘look’ like ?

It is somewhat amusing that he lost almost 4m ISK worth of Catalyst to kill a 2.4m ISK Condor. In fact without the 2m ISK cloaking device I had…he’d have netted just 40K ISK and lost a 4m ISK Catalyst.

The story ? I was in an asteroid belt ratting…had already ratted several in that system. Four Serpentis showed up and I was just finishing off the last one, having sustained a lot of shield damage, when this hero ganker shows up…his icon turns red, he sets off a webifier…and I get blown up.

Overall he lost ISK…plus he now has 27 days left of kill right on him.

Starts to makes sense why you post the type of things you do now I understand a bit more of your perspective. For the first few years I also stuck to High Sec and WHs with the odd roam to Provi for fun. Having spent 7 years in null at this point, it’s a whole new world of fun - mean that genuinely, no hint of irony - you should try it, it’s far from the crab memes you see on the forums or reddit - which are generally not posted by actual null residents for various reasons.

Fleet fights with hundreds involved multiple times per day during wartime, a lot of null alliances have WH sigs with large areas mapped out every day and shared including dread daytripping. You can join jumpfreighter logi sigs to help seed markets and ship goods to staging areas, gate camp whilst chilling on comms with friends and yes mine and rat or join defence fleets to help others that have been dropped on by 150 kikis from your local NPSI group. Add in NPC null from which various entities enjoy dropping on sov holders and at times the sandbox is vibrant.

The meta also sucks you in, it really enriches the game to know who you’re fighting and why. Some of the narrative leaders/FCs come up with is clearly fabricated as this point, but I don’t care, it’s such good fun. It’s like the tribal side of supporting your favourite football team.

You’re honestly missing out, don’t hate it until you’ve tried it!

1 Like

I’m saying that that’s not a typical suicide-ganker kill, especially considering the low value of what you were flying.

It’s pretty much the only suicide-gank that person has ever done. It seems suspicious. Not saying it was staged, but definitely suspicious. This is kind of like something someone would do out of principle after someone else talks ■■■■ to them.

1 Like

Lol…what a load of conspiratorial nonsense. I was minding my own business and was ganked. I don’t care what the guy ‘normally’ does.

Better idea, in order to post a ragequit thread you have to first give up all your wealth, then you get a special token (it can even be an NFT if you want) that you can use to validate that you in fact did so.

Otherwise, all quitting posts are auto-removed.

Wealth taken can be distributed in many ways.

3 Likes

Listen, I calls them like I sees them. Here we’ve got an Ushra’Khan member with a respectable low-sec kill record and zero suicide ganks to their name, aside from you. I don’t know if that person decided to “experiment” one fine day and you simply happened to be the closest one around, or maybe they took “your” rare spawn and you decided to dump on their mother for the next three hours. Or maybe you decided to dunk your own alt in order to troll the forums for anti-gank sympathy.

What I do know is that that’s not a typical suicide-gank kill.

Also, your other death is just a straight-up low-sec one, but you said you got ganked twice.

2 Likes

I don’t care how you ‘see’ it. I was there…you weren’t. I don’t appreciate someone inventing a load of complete and utter unsubstantiated conspiratorial gibberish just because they can’t understand what to anyone else was a straightforward gank.

1 Like

I kind of gave it a go when CVA were a thing, but forever being the outsider kinda sucked when it wasnt on my terms.
Never even saw a big fleet action of any kind, which is probably why I started to doubt they even actually happened.

I dont dispute that some people actually do play well and have fun with friends etc in Null, I just tended to see more of the other side of the coin than anything.

1 Like

@Kojo_Kugisa - You seem a generous soul. May I please have your stuff?

I like how rather than provide any kind of explaination, they claim your deductive reasoning is

3 Likes

i wouldn’t consider getting shot by someone, or multiple someones, when they have no risk of being concordokken, being ganked.

Well…that time…but if one loses isk overall four times, and the fifth drops modules worth 300 mil…are you losing overall? The point of “overall” calculation just includes more than one encounter. Anyway, there are more reasons folks gank than isk. Also kill rights really don’t mean much.

+1 for Red Dwarf! I’ll smoke you a Kipper.

2 Likes

I’ve ganked players on principle before, usually after they talked a whole bunch of crap and mocked me for not being able to kill them. Particular cases come to mind when war targets left their corporations, and ran their mouths about me “not being able to get them anymore.”

Considering how this person is posting on the forums, it wouldn’t be far-fetched to think they might’ve offended someone.

Someone should contact the ganker and find out their side of the story. I’m way too lazy, though.

2 Likes

stoke me a clipper, I’ll be home for breakfast

m

2 Likes

oh dear god no, do not give CCP more ideas for NFT’s.

2 Likes

Oh, that is just hilarious. Given that gankers are precisely the sort of cowardly worms who sneak up on someone low on shield from PvE…the whole idea of an ‘honour’ ganking has to truly take the biscuit.

I cannot possibly have dishonoured someone who has no honour.