Free Eve?

Well, he was the one bringing Capitalism into the discussion. He may have already forgotten it.

The point is, there are costs. That means someone has to pay. And if he thinks he should be able to play for free, the question remains who that someone will be.

5 Likes

I know who it won’t be: EVE Frontier and Vanguard.

1 Like
Education and Off Topic

So sorry you are wrong, what do you think Social Security means when they talk about it on the news? This is not a pure capitalist government, I live in a modified capitalist system. Way back before my grand parents were born, one of the presidents set forth a new department called the Social Security Administration. They charge all workers a payment for insurance we most likely will never collect due to all the corruption. There are other social programs that tax us workers. I am not knocking the need for social programs, but a lot get abused and I have seen it first hand. There is even a party here, not that their candidates get elected to office, since most people only vote on two parties.

But this is off topic and we don’t need a moderator closing the thread down. The above is only educational purpose and I hold no ill will for the poster. So let’s move on.

First you are not paying for service, you pay for fast tracking your game. Those who don’t pay, end up taking slow road of grinding. A service would include something like better game support, or the send a tech out to wash and wax your PC.

Second you say 10 bucks, where I paid $20, don’t attempt to make it sound cheaper than it really is, because then you get people in here correcting you buying it on sale or bulk discount. It makes it sound like you are a liar. I know what you meant, but you are giving them ammo to shoot back at your comments.

Eve is free to play, with limited access, or grinding enough isk to buy omega. Making it 100% free would mean getting a lack luster game, something like opensource, that would have the community supporting it. I am pretty sure we all know what those are like.

The same answer with all socialists: someone else.

3 Likes

No Man’s Sky is doing just fine…

No man’s sky is single player Candy crush compared to Eve…

Wrong again.

No man’s sky can be played single player with multiplayer disabled and even played offline entirely…

But that’s not what you said.

Just admit that you were wrong.

Like I said, single player, offline. Not even remotely comparable to EVE…

1 Like

The makers of No Man’s Sky, Hello Games, are doing exceptionally well financially. Operating as a lean, privately-owned studio, they have generated tens of millions in annual revenue, accumulating massive cash reserves that easily fund their ongoing development and expansion.

That’s true…

The makers of EvE Online are doing exceptionally well financially. Operating as a lean, privately-owned studio, they have generated tens of millions in annual revenue, accumulating massive cash reserves that easily fund their ongoing development and expansion.

That’s true…

You know that it’s not.

1 Like

Just because you are bad at EvE Online, that does not mean the game developer is doing poorly. The problem is YOU.

1 Like

bumped to Player Features & Ideas - EVE Online Forums

How, exactly, am I “The problem”?

I’ve paid for a subscription for 23 years.

I’m not an Alpha Leach.

You are an 18 day old Alpha character.

If you say so.

Your profile says so.

:roll_eyes:

FC bought Pearl Abyss CCP for $100m and $20m in tokens for Frontier. They owe Pearl Abyss $50m (due in full in October). They lost $18m last year and Pearl Abyss CCP has only turned a profit once Pearl Abyss acquired CCP.

Unless you were being sarcastic, your “take” is way off.

1 Like