Frippyy for CSM 19 - Nullsec to Highsec, PvP, PvE - A New player on a Mission

Hello I’m Frippyy, I’m a member of Karma fleet and Goonswarm and I’m a resident of nullsec.

I am running as an individual candidate and my vision for my campaign is of improvement and forward thinking for EVE’s progress as the amazing game we all love from the perspective of a new player.

I believe I would be a suitable candidate for CSM19 as I am eager to maintain the quality of EVE and its community by listening to and spreading the voices of the players so that YOU can have your voice heard!

I started playing this game in march of 2024 and I have been entranced by it ever since, the community of this game is unlike anything I’ve ever seen before and the relationship of corpmates and within alliances are akin to family and I want this legacy to continue!

I am aware that as a new player I am at a disadvantage, however I am passionate about EVE and can still be of use to the CSM as a fresh set of eyes on the game and new ideas.

If nominated as a member I would do all I could to progress and improve the experience of all players new and old by spreading the voice of the player base and making sure that progress can continue in Nullsec’s development as an almost living body.

I won’t solely focus on Nullsec as new players aren’t there, so below you will find a few of my ideas on how Highsec can be tweaked for a smoother new player introduction.

From what I’ve seen In EVE, community means everything to a lot of players which is why I would put the community’s wants and needs first and do everything I can to help and support all.

The areas I would focus on, including but not limited to:

1. Keep the PvP element of Nullsec engaging by improving the PvP combat opportunities within Nullsec by raising the idea of different PvP activities that don’t revolve just around the ESS.

2. Provide better and more enticing PvE activities across High, Low and Nullsec that reward players for teamwork or skill that provide a chase worthy prize. This could be new sites or escalations as from talking to fellow corpmates who are avid ratters, myself included, Ishtar spinning and capital escalations can get tedious and provide little to no exciting rewards.

3. Give new and returning players a quick but effective run down on game mechanics and information, as the current tutorial takes a long time and for new players that can be off putting. Also I would discuss starter quests aside from the current ones on certain specifics of gameplay such as how to PvP, fit ships effectively and how to efficiently PvE.

4. Put forth the idea of an ESS and Skyhook rework as i know from talking to many people that they find the current system frustrating at times.

5. Put forth the idea of an economic turnaround of Hek and Rens to benefit the surrounding High sec and low sec areas.

I talk to Corp and Alliance members every day and some of the ideas listed above stem from conversations we’ve had. Saying this I talk to many people about their views on the current state of the game and I want to hear from you too!

I accept in game messages, respond to Evemails and Discord dms, so please feel free to reach out and give me your two pence on EVE as I’d love to hear what you think.

My discord is: _frippy
My ingame name is: Frippyy

Feel free to use either to contact me.

Thank you for reading my statement and I look forward to the future o/
vote frippy 2
vote frippy gif

4 Likes

Best of luck my friend!

1 Like

thank you buddy o7

Great initiative, you would be a great CSM rep. Best of luck mate.

1 Like

thank you very much! we shall see what the future holds :slight_smile:

@Frippyy Do you support hiring (EVE Vanguard) Warclone Mercenaries as an attack/defense vector in Capsuleer conflicts? Like attacking/defending Planetary Infrastructure, Skyhooks/POCOs and Upwell Structures?

As a CSM would you try and pitch for CCP to make stack multi-split (splitting a stack of items into multiple stacks of same size in one go instead of just on split at a time) happen?

Hello Elinore i appreciate the comment, about eve vanguard mercenaries, i think any crossover between the two games would be cool!

In terms of multi stack splitting I’m an advocate for any positive UI improvements however niche they may be.

1 Like

Most of the larger alliances, and I’m sure many of the smaller ones have their own custom built New Player Experience where they will either fund ships for their new members, or set up systems to progress someone from their beginning stages in that alliance to becoming a full fledged member with the ability to fly a number of their mainline doctrines.

The updated corporation system and UI has helped with certain aspects, but what tools do you feel CCP can implement to better assist corporations and alliances to make the transition of a new player just finishing their starter career missions to becoming a member of a corporation/alliance?

It’s all good and well helping the new player, but what systems do you see being implemented to get people who stopped playing to log back in? In 2020 we had Fury at FWST, and the Massacre at M2. Both of which broke guiness world records, had articles written about them, and brought some of the highest concurrent user numbers to the game in a long time. What efforts can be made to bring EVE back to the glory days of these kinds of events?

1 Like

There have still been record-breaking battles since then, so I’m not sure that EVE is in a state of decline at the moment.

1 Like

Hi Jason, you’ve asked some very good questions.

I am aware of corporation/alliance based teaching programs as I attended some myself as there weren’t any built-in tutorials for learning both the basics and intricacies of EVE past how to fly the ship and lock onto targets.

In terms of what CCP could implement is:

Have some mission agents (who are in the starting area stations) that give out certain missions that progress on the tutorial onto learning the game basics such as:

1. how to use the market in order to buy modules which then could be used to teach new players the basics of functional ship fitting.

2. give new players more combat oriented missions so that they can learn the basics of eve combat which translates onto both PvE and PvP.

In terms of incentives to bring back returning players, I myself have only been playing since march 2024 so don’t know of such “glory days” so on that one I wouldn’t be able to give a sufficient enough answer. However things that do pop to mind is the rejuvenation of Nullsec by implementing changes to the current system be that an ESS rework or more money making activities.

In my opinion when it comes to the topic of returning players you do have to view it case by case because everyone quits the game for different reasons, nevertheless adding more enticining activities is a good incetive for players to return.

I hope my answers have been satisfactory and i appreciate the questions. Have a good day o7

O7 Frippyy,

Last year I asked eight questions and then compiled the answers into a huge mega-thread. It was massive. With the exception of MILINT_ARC_Trooper, no one had a thread bigger than mine, to be fair MILINT_ARC_Troopers’ thread was so weighty and knowledgable it teetered on the edge of collapsing into its’ own core.

That catalogue of replies is now a time-capsule and encapsulated within are the hopes and disappointments that CSM 18 candidates considered worth speaking about during the year of EVE’s 20th anniversary.

The responses gave voters en masse an opportunity to test and compare each hopeful CSM 18 candidates commitment to their claims of being community oriented, knowledgable, responsive and representative of player values. Given that the CSM does not directly control any aspect of EVE’s development and that the successful candidates are those that can identify existing and future consequences, co-operate with other CSM members, and communicate issues -from a player perspective- to CCP staff one-to-one, I’ve formulated a set of questions designed to seperate the compressed ORE from the Long-Limb Roes in this years election race.

Year-on-year the Independent Representatives, Solo players with single accounts, Worm Holers, Triangle People, Semi-nomadic Role-Playing Sandbox Explorers, and Salvagers, have been organising and gaining traction against the self-secure Null-Bloc Empire Candidates and their vast hordes of leather-skinned, evil, flying-monkeys. More-and-more players are choosing to vote in members they believe can positively impact CCP’s approach to the game regardless of their in-game affiliations.

Exposure matters, who are you, what is your clue?
As was the process last year I will post each candidates reply in a super thread, first-in first-served.

This years questions:

1. What ONE identifiable consequence requires CCP’s attention?

2. What PROVABLE evidence can you supply to support your belief in this situation?

3. What practical, and balanced change can be made to support a solution if any?

4. What support do your observations have from other CSM candidates?

5. How will you present your findings to CCP?

If you have already identified and spoken about a problem in your CSM candidacy bio at the top of this thread feel free to copy pasta that response where applicable. I’ll copy paste directly from your response to this post. Choose your goblet…. wisely.

Let the games begin, and may the odds ever be in your favour.

1 Like

Hello Rhett, i appreciate the comment with the points you’ve raised as well as asking some damn good questions. Therefore i shall try my best to answer them to the best of my abilities.

Q1. What ONE identifiable consequence requires CCP’s attention?

A1. One of the main things that i want changed within the game is the current skyhook mechanics.

Q2. What PROVABLE evidence can you supply to support your belief in this situation?

A2. The evidence i have against this current system s the communities very negative response to how the skyhooks mechanics were changed. Which at launch I thought were perfectly balanced, this being they could be robbed at any time meaning that home defence became a lot more important and encouraged a lot more small gang PvP which we all know is fun. Now with the current mechanics, there being only a certain period in which a skyhook can be robbed, i feel like CCP took something that was very good and almost ruined it.

Q3. What practical, and balanced change can be made to support a solution if any?

A3. The change i would suggest is a very simple one which would require very little effort on their part. the change would be to revert the mechanics of skyhooks back to how they were. a simple and minimalistic request that would provide a lot of benefits to all.

Q4. What support do your observations have from other CSM candidates?

A4. I currently haven’t discussed this idea with other CSM19 candidates however from now onwards it is going to be one of my main talking points of my campaign. In terms of support i have for this idea, the people ive spoken too being corpmates and a podcast host both alike supported this idea.

Q5. How will you present your findings to CCP?

A5. If elected I will voice the concerns and complaints of many who have spoken to me about this matter and i would gather any necessary data in order to prove my findings.

I very much appreciate you commenting on my post and if you have any further questions do let me know. o7

1 Like

Frippyy came out to talk to me yesterday! We talked about the new player experience, toxicity he’s faced and a few situations if he were to make it on the CSM!

Thank you so much for the interview Frippyy! You’re doing fantastic!

Frippyy’s CSM19 Interview

2 Likes

I had a great time on your podcast. thank you so much.

1 Like

have a read of my new points I’m campaigning for

have a read of my new points I’m campaigning for.

whoa frippy you have a good campaine when I was a new player my biggest problem was other players and isk saying i had a hard time getting isk is a understatement my biggest problem in getting it was experince it took me forever to figure out the basics of the game I did not know what d scan was till months now I know how i know how to make isk though the adorus process of constantly dieing I think my biggest problem in gaining experince was I had no one to teach me I joined a corp but they were pretty bad at teaching me anyway I statred mining in low sec krenite and there were these guys who just kept on killing me they gave me srp but that did not make me happy I had a really tough time understanding the game and this was the only way to make isk so I just kept on doing it I would get some what petty at them in chat looking back on it I relize i should have been more mature on the plus side I did get on somone nerves in chat anyway these guys they emailed the ceo of the newbie corp I was in and he kicked me out I now know I was in the wrong but I felt like he at least owed me a talk before he kicked me out but no one minute I was in the corp the next I was not and then I could share the rest of my jorney to stop being poor and get omega (i was alpha this entire time) but I will try to keep it short.

my point is early in eve I had tough time adjusting to the climate and I did not have a corp willing to stick it though with me while I lerand to learn and it feels like the corp I was in never taught me anything they were a horrible maybe I just did not see that aspect of them but still I was never thought anything only the occosinal mining fleet and geting my isk taxed after I had finally gotten omgea I joined a newbie and feel like I did a better job teaching the newbros then my old corp ever did teaching me why do I share this story with well I do it beacuse seems like the right time

1 Like

I recently faced toxcity in eve i hope more people do not have to face it

1 Like

I’m really sorry you experienced it. I promise that not everyone acts this way and there’s plenty of us trying to do our part to make a change.

2 Likes

I aappreciate the compliment bro, i am also sorry to hear you have gone through some severe toxicity early on. this is why im campaigning for a better new player experience to stop cases like yourselves. if there’s anything you would like me to add to my campaign let me know.