Guardian Gala sites

It’s been possible to manipulate it past 5 other ways also. Things like officer rats.
There is a slow down at 5, which has most rats sec status increase drop to 0 from rounding, but the best/biggest rats still provide just enough to move you past 5 eventually. Once past 5 it seems to move a little easier again.

1 Like

omg these sites are so annoying why are the angels kiting me its like theyre not even trying
and invulnerable targets im gonna biomass

1 Like

Just got a Proteus skin drop from one of these sites, trouble is when I go to activate it I get a pop-up box stating that “this isn’t a SKIN licence”.

1 Like

i Used a gila but my drones kept getting shot, for some reason angel hate Drones more then any other faction does,

So now im useing a High Tracking Web/Grappler AC Machariel and it’s doing the sites faster then my gila was.

1 Like

im using ac loki it works really well and kills frigs easy
actually can kill them while stationary with barrage at 2-3km with web

1 Like

VNI works perfectly for me

1 Like

Ok I’m back to tell my story and give some feedback: So I first attempted this site in a Vexor and was almost instantly blown to smithereens. So I decided to come back with my Brutix and it was a little better but still couldn’t get any of the ships down before having to warp off. Changed the fit around and tried again, still nope. That’s when I kinda gave up and said “oh well I guess I just can’t do it”. That’s also when I made the above post.

But I was kinda salty about not being able to do this and so the next day I tried again this time in my Dominix. It was able to hold its own pretty well but still couldn’t clear the site before my tank/cap gave out and had to bail. But it got the old rusty gears in my head turning.

Long story short I just finally cleared a site solo after changing my domi’s fit a bit and it feels great. I want to encourage anyone reading who’s ready to give up to keep at it, try some new things, I think anyone could probably do this with a good strategy and, honestly, very little bling if any. (Only tech 2 I used was two tank modules and faction drones).

All in all this was a great event. Very challenging but doable with some dedication (or stubbornness). Felt great to beat it and I learned a lot as a player.

Thanks ccp

Edit: and thanks to the community. Lots of good info and hints on how to do it.

11 Likes

Ahhh thanks, now that’s what I wanted to see.

:wink:

1 Like

Honestly i have no idea what I’m doing wrong , but this event is just god awful. I can’t use drones , even with max skills they get eaten in about 10 seconds . I can tank the site just fine , but the BS moves faster than my BC or cruiser so it just runs away and i can’t kill it because of the range , mostly due to not being able to use drones to kill frigs and new frigs warping in endlessly and webbing me down. Tried using short range weapons , i can pop the frigs , but i only get about 10 seconds of freedom before more come in. I give who ever designed the event a D-

3 Likes

What ship are you flying? Gila is best if you want to use drones as the hull provides a massive tank bonus to drones.

If you’re using T1 or T2 drones, swap them for faction or ‘augmented’ drones as they have alot more HP as well. And use medium drones over light ones.

1 Like

I used only heavy drones and mainly went after the cruisers as top priority. When a new wave of rats warp in recall the drones till your targeted and red boxed by all the rats then send em back out. Don’t let me get too far and watch the aggro. Get the battle cruiser asap once he’s on grid and the mobs will scurry off. I have not run into a battleship yet.

I would add that I was in a Domi which bonuses drone tracking so my heavies were stomping the frigs.

2 Likes

Currnetly using an abso , so can’t use med drones , tried faction drones , they are getting eaten almost as fast ( note i’m not actually losing them , but i have to launch/recall about 5 times to kill a webbed frig , most of the time they come back in armor ) Can’t use a gila . Swapped to beams , it went better except now i can’t clear frigs at all

1 Like

So I tried the Drake on Nosy Gamer’s post, subbing out the Adaptive Invul II for a Target Painter instead.

I must say… the killage was slllllooowww. Granted my shields held steady somewhere around 80-85%, until the BS came in where I held at 50%.

So I gotta’ wonder - if I’m not worried about people stealing my site, it seems like a Marauder or standard BS would finish these off (in high-sec) real quick. (My Golem gets ~ 7,000 damage per explosive volley out to 50+ km.)

Running one on sisi in a drake fit was like… 15-20 minutes?? Or was that just because the last couple of cruisers and BS don’t warp in until several minutes in?

Just curious how quickly y’all are taking down the high-sec ones.

1 Like

In a Gila, it takes me five minutes. This is with three DDAs and augmented valkyries and V skills. With a lesser-skilled pilot, maybe ten minutes?

Only two tanking mods are looking very poor for encounter with battleship. You should put active hardeners for the kinetic and explosive, having those two above 70%, explosive even above 80%, some extender or plate, active reps too, so 4 tanking mods. Battleship will damage domi a lot more because his guns are applying to larger ships a lot easier.

As for drones, using tech I berserkers is ok, they are cheap to replace.

2 Likes

My experience is, if you want to use a drone boat, you have to use heavy drones for this site. At least that is what worked for me. Of course you’ll need a hull that can bonus them for HP and damage, you will need tracking mods for them, etc.

Don’t worry about killing any frigs. Seriously. I haven’t targeted a single frig on any of these sites, I just tank them. I just target the cruisers, and either the BC or the BS when it spawns.

So try some different tactics and strats and fits. Fit enough tank, ignore the frigs, use weapons that can hit and kill BC and BS efficiently, and report back.

2 Likes

I did this yesterday. The end result was a bunch of frigs around me (about 12 perhaps?) and nothing else happening. Not sure if there was a bug or if this is intended to make you engage the frigs.

My overview is fine btw. I do see the BC and BS rats.

1 Like

yeah you gotta kill the frigs tro make other stuff spawn

1 Like

And boss is differently named from frigs and cruisers.

Those NPCs that warp out for like 400 km will warp in after a second.

1 Like

Hmmm. So my heavy drones do target and kill the frigs when one happens to be nearby. I don’t actively tell them to do that, but they do it in between killing the heavier stuff.

I guess you might need to kill some of the frigs to spawn other stuff. I’d still recommend heavies though - just make sure you buff up their tracking.

That’s what works for me, anyway.

1 Like