Has anyone else here had completely toxic experiences with /r/eve? BFR is fake there

People often like to interpret and assume instead of asking. Sometimes they dont know what to ask even, to understand. Simple, “what do you mean by -quote-”, is sometimes enough. With those interpretations come forth their emotions and beliefs.

Tough thread to jump into as anyone with a disability goes through things the rest of us willl struggle to comprehend.

Looking at the reddit thread itself, well, it provides a fuller picture:

At OP (u/Moist-Classroom), all the best. I can’t comprehend what you go through, which probably explains why I also can’t comprehend some of the things you wrote in that thread, nor some of the responses.

Nothing to do with CCP though.

Additionally, that thread has been linked in a couple of other subreddits, and there are a lot of people supportive of the anxiety, inability to speak on comms view.

4 Likes

This is so not worth it. I stand by it, as long as the OP only provides evidence that he’s the root of this problem, he won’t get any sympathy. There’s no sign he deserves any. Being an autistic ■■■■ doesn’t mean he deserve sympathy by default. He’s not special, he’s just autistic.

Right. I stopped reading at r/eve, with an inkling that this would be a rant against one or more individuals involved in that community group on a website that is NOTHING TO DO WITH CCP.

Scrolled down a few posts to see responses…

…turns out I called it.

If you’re going to troll, Ruddger, own it. Don’t hide behind a lifelong condition for which there is no treatment and no cure, you’ve already made yourself out a jackass of the worst kind. You’re also making life more difficult for those of us who DO have social anxiety issues, who DO have agoraphobia, who DON’T find normal face to face interaction comfortable.

Screw you, Ruddger. CCP please Pringles this thread.

Its not about sympathy but empathy. From other stories from /e/eve, I believe whats written by OP is truth. This isnt happening first time. Other posters were treated in the same manner. Majorly to be about shitty attitude of mod. And of course other posters attitudes.

1 Like

I don’t know what I expected reading the thread, but responses from the OP are not what I expected.

He’s being a belligerent prick AT BEST to those that at worse are being a little condescending or speaking from ignorance. People engaging him in polite conversation get responses from the OP with open hostility and often calling them stupid ignorant fucks and the like. Talking about being an alliance diplo and FCing a few people bring up that in those situations autistic players will have to “overcome” it for a short time, most likely meaning they have to force themselves to socially engage for a time being. The OP believes that’s the same as “curing autism” and proceeds to berate the commenter for being an idiot and equates that to asking a cripple “I know youre in a wheel chair, but their isn’t a wheel chair ramp, you just gotta overcome only for a few minutes!” He’s throwing nothing but strawmens and personal attacks, even when people continue to respond to his yelling and name calling with continued civility. And unless autismspeaks.org is not a credible source for autism lack of social skills CAN be overcome to some degree: https://www.autismspeaks.org/social-skills-and-autism. And from my limited personal experience, I’ve seen it happen at least once during the brief period I taught kids how to read.

Idk if OP is autistic or not, but he 100% is acting like an asshole.

5 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

1 Like

Indeed, being autistic is not an excuse for being an arsehole.

1 Like

FIFY.

That’s not actually true for everyone and it has nothing to do with maturity.

Some people will dwell on it for hours, days, weeks, months and even years in some cases.

So when people say that personal attacks (typed/or verbally) over the internet are freedom of speech and don’t effect anyone, they’re quite wrong.

Another misconception is that the person is attention seeking or after sympathy that’s probably the furthest thing from their mind. It probably more of an attempt to cope with their communication issues by letting others know of those issues.

Topic Moved to Out of Pod Experience

Not everyone of course. And the guy that the OP quoted in his original post here is definitely a twat.

But there were people engaging with him civilly that got nothing but acrid responses from him.

1 Like

Yes, of course such people exist. They need help, instead of forcing everyone else to be nice to the minority of people who can’t handle real life. That’s simply how it is. I know how cold this may sound to you, but when the end result is “everyone needs to pretend to be nice” then that’s not a good solution. The good solution is to make sure that these people get help, not play the victim just so everyone else does what you want.

It’s solely about the OP. There are people with problems who aren’t assholes, who get a completely different reaction. The OP is a princess with more problem than just being a princess, but his approach of dealing with it is the approach of a princess that keeps crying louder and louder until it gets what it wants.

When there are people who have problems with words, then the problem still aren’t the words. What hurts the person is how he/they got raised into a life where he can’t handle words spoken or written by others. The problem isn’t on the surface, it’s beneath the surface. The problems aren’t created by the words, but by whatever caused the person to be unable to deal with them.

When you have tooth ache, taking pain killers doesn’t actually remove the tooth ache. It just removes the perception of the pain. When you have problems with words, then running away or trying to make the words go away doesn’t solve the problems either.

1 Like

Thank you for providing the full story.

As I suspected, OP got piled on for being a dick to begin with then cried foul when posters went for the low hanging fruit.

There is a wider debate emerging these days about the damage that social media can do if left unchecked. This issue is much wider than this. After the Cambridge Analytica Facebook scandal a few years ago, more and more people are realizing that you can’t just let social media platforms operate unchecked, but it will take a long time for things to improve. We are slowly learning as a society how to deal with the harm that social media is causing, but we have a long way to go.

Just remember that your post will attract people who are already hateful, so it gives a false impression that everyone is against you, it’s just that the idiots are usually louder.

You try to make a reasoned point and then people will pull you into an emotional argument. It’s really difficult to avoid being sucked in, but you made your point, so don’t let the ensuing comments upset you, because they always will if you let them.

interesting that my thread ( Tackling hate speech, fostering mutual respect and countering the tyranny of the majority ) was just shut down but this one is allowed to go on. apparently relentlessly bullying someone with autism is ok to the moderators but talking about cider isn’t…go figure…

yeah they can, but they shouldn’t

OP had a top level comment at over 50+ points that was deleted and most of my others comments have since been deleted you can’t see anything even remotely related to a full story…

I’m trolling? Because I share my own struggles? You’re the one right now attacking someone for having a disability. Grow the ■■■■ up

It’s an analogy, not a strawman. You are asking someone to do something they have no control over, it is exactly the same as asking someone in a wheel chair to stand up, or asking someone with parkinsons to stop their hand from shaking long enough to sign their name. You can defend it all you want, but it’s insulting, and you’re acting like an asshole .

And polite conversation is people telling me im faking it? You suck