High Sec Candidate

Please let me clarify.
I am not (just) advocating for a random/artificial chance that ganks succeed or fail… even though a variable CONCORD response time is something that I would find… stimulating.

I mean, at the moment, there is no way to save myself once the gankers are coming for me.
I assume that they have somewhen scanned my ship, and are bringing enough ships to do the job.
Being able to buy security tags, they are able to adjust their sec status so that they are not automatically showing up as criminal in local.
So if they are doing their job properly, the first thing I notice about an incoming gank is when their ships appear on the overview. Admittedly things are better ever since the grid size got bigger… by pre-aligning (remember, people, to keep aligned… and moving!).
But all things being equal I do not stand a chance.

If the gankers are lazy and/or overconfident, then of course they will fail. But what can I do against the ones (or one…) that is not lazy or overconfident? What possibilities do I have? I can fit my ship to be tough, I can make myself uneconomical/not profitable.

But considering I have to sit there and watch my Mackinaw pound away at asteroids for more than 20 minutes whilst not doing anything except waiting for gankers to appear… what can I do when they appear?

Ganking seems to be the most important issue affecting High Sec residents that are active/engaged enough to bother coming to the forums… it’s a shame.

1 Like