Hmm... losing SP with pods

Before I am banned for telling truth.

Stolen meme, made better.

Like some people say: you don’t lose your pod in high-sec or low-sec. This is bonus you get with moving to WH or 0.0-sec.

Yeah. Thanks CCP for lowering risk! :+1:
Long time ago i used to work hard to save my pod after losing a ship because there was no free clone-jumps inside citadel. I basically had no choice than to go to CTA with full set of +4 implants (+5’s were too expensive for me).
Now it’s risk-free. Switch your clone and go have fun! No worries, no planning. Like in space-themed Counter-Strike!

I also had to fight when a CTA came up with a set of HG slaves or a very expensive mining clone back in the day when I lived in null sec. I also had some corp mates to back me up in a fight, so it wasn’t all bad.

Now I live mostly in low and fight solo, usually outnumbered or outgunned. I wouldn’t even bother with most fights, only picking the ones I knew for sure I could win, if I had to worry about SP loss with being podded. I don’t hear many complain in local chat when the fight is done because I or they didn’t lose any SP when podded, it’s all about finding a good fight.

I can’t help the fact that null bears are basically cowards unless they have 5x the numbers or can blop someone and they all want to fly caps. Bringing back SP loss would hurt solo pvpers like me far more than the mindless minions of null sec.

1 Like

… except that usually in 0.0-sec you fight in a bubble and lose your pod almost every time you lose ship. And in low-sec you don’t lose your pod unless you want it.

Are you really sure about your knowledge of the game? :thinking:

To be honest PL has moved on to being a footnote in current EVE affairs.

Smart bombs on the out gates are a thing even in lowsec.

I am talking about dealing with smaller roaming gangs (5-20) and countering hot drops in null sec. There were usually no bubbles in sight, except for the well organized wh corps when they would bubble everything including the station. I don’t do massive blob warfare as the TiDi is beyond annoying, so my knowledge of that is very limited.

Smart bombing battleships are a thing (ie Rancer) and I have even seen and used smart bombs flying cruisers and battlecruisers. Since I am a solo pilot getting involved in a big fw fight is not the best idea, but sitting on the gate with a smart bombing ship waiting for pods to appear during a fight sure works fine for me. So no, you don’t always get away with your pod in low sec if someone wants it bad enough.

Perhaps if you got away from being an F1 monkey and were able to think for yourself, you would better understand the survival of a solo pilot and how some things are unavoidable.

Unavoidable? If you fly solo and dont have any intel maybe, but you can see map and dotlan for kills, and can avoid Rancer. I dont see any problem. I brought a pod worth many millions from null, when the gates were bubbled, just had to find a way to not do it in a pod, but stealth bomber. The way thru low sec was the easy part then, honestly.

You’re better off in an instawarping yacht.

Covops cloak, MWD, nullification, and instawarp makes you damn near impossible to catch when travelling. Certainly harder to catch than in a bomber. Not to mention your warp speed is hella-fast.

There were no stealthy yachts then. Nobody even heard about such thing, beside I think two ships known as luxury yachts that had this ship model, that were given to married people who have met each other in EVE.

1 Like

They’re a dime a dozen these days.

As a FW pilot, no. This is a bad idea. It is hard enough to get noobs into FW, now you start killing their skill gains. LOL yeah that does not help the new player experience at all. There is a reason why they dropped the skill loss on failure to update your clone.

Solution for the cap fleet rise or anything like that is not killing the SPs of the pilots but actually increasing the amount of conflicts that involve them. They will attrit themselves down if the wars are big enough and long enough.

my medical clone was at about 80mil iirc, i used to pvp on another toon unless flying something bigger.

Yeah, med clones really made flying smaller t1 ships a pain.

I don’t remember the cost but a couple of my chars got to the 150mil sp clones before they removed them. I wouldn’t want to see something like that back in the game.

right
you do this, then more people buying injectors, seems good, ccp earns more money
untill you realise eventually ONLY those able to afford injectors will be able to pvp, as sp loss will limit how often you can fly a ship
so one day you log in after a loss, ping goes out, you go to join fleet and nope, skills are missing so you log out
are you gunna keep logging in? probably not if it keeps happening…

i did a whole lot less pvp in a whole lot less ships simply because my med clone cost 80+ mil.

my pod was about to exceed the 90m per death before the changes,

necro :frowning:
@ISD lock please, 1 month is more than enough time for this to be an irrelevant thread.

No thanks.

A great suggestion if your intent is to make players even more averse to PvP.