How to get more people to play eve

We are.

3 Likes

@Bloody_Larry
The issue is people fall into the trap of ā€œbigger is betterā€, donā€™t know how to use the bigger ship, and feel like theyā€™ve lost everything once itā€™s blown up.

Which again boils back down to lack of information (something Iā€™ve constantly brought up but naysayers continue insisting itā€™s only a part of the problem, or not related to the problem at all).

Information needs to be more readily accessable be it in-game or through in-game helpers they can contact directly for questions instead of the massive rookie channel.

Or even have it consolidated out of game that can be directed to, since goons/brave/Eve uni and others all have their own things for that.

Saying ā€œget gudā€ isnā€™t working though. And to get gud you need to be shot down a few times, which takes us back to Rule 1.

Probably not feasible but a ā€œtraining tabā€ that can be turned on/off that gives far more info in the item/ship/module/etc description window? Links to uses/tactics/advice/etc?

1 Like

Um, you mean like how Killboards are ā€œopt inā€ only now? Because the player/corp/(alliance?) needs to provide info to the kb site in order for it to parse the kills.

So whatā€™s the problem?

In this I partially agree, it does add more complexity, not sure about ā€˜workā€™. But I found that is also one of the things that makes it interesting. And for sure as someone new to the game it can make picking a ā€˜starter corpā€™ that much harder, though the introduction of disabling corp friendly fire went some way to helping with this (is my guess).

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

To ā€œget gudā€ you need information.
Youā€™ll either get that the hard way through experience or the easier way through learning in a controlled environment.

Learning how to fly a ship where drones are the main focus of combat, and controlling range appropriately with your afterburner for one example.

Or learning about the different ships and why their shield, armor, and hull values are different, and how thatā€™ll affect your engagement with enemies and when you need to GTFO.

Things you can do in inexpensive frigates.

And I donā€™t think a safe zone will help. People will find a way to screw with new players no matter what. Bumping is just the startā€¦

Also, the arsehats in the game, while not helping the game are a necessary evil if we want to continue to have the freedoms that keep me playing. I donā€™t like it anymore than anybody else and with a small corp, we cant do anything about it. But I like the player baseā€™s response! :grinning:

1 Like

Is there a way CCP could include in the NPE, some sort of introduction to the existence of gankers, scammers and mercs. At least ship loss is covered, if not in the latest NPE (havenā€™t done it recently), then in the advanced military tutorial.
Perhaps a scamming NPC who then ganks you, followed up with suitable advice from Aura.

(Probably a dumb idea, but I felt the need to shiptoast)

It honestly wouldnā€™t, and it would be because of the gameā€™s mechanics.

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread the way the systems are now provide players a live environment to put what was learned into actual practice for that hands-on experience. If they get blown up, thereā€™s no large loss on part of them. Theyā€™ll be less likely to be targeted because theyā€™re flying with others (the whole concept of safety in numbers).

I cant remember, does the NPE pop your ship and show you the process to replace it?

There was a time when it did, and you even got podded.

5 billion isk was the targeted raised amount for a fully rigged, station, with 2 months fuel, ammo, and full combat modules. Rings, are around 3 billion alone (800-900m), Fuel generally costs 200m, depending on what is fitted a month. Though, I think you know this already.

We were near cap, and were in the process of recruiting two people, i had forgotten about it, and it was 4 days to train, and we had 3 people waiting to join. This isk was for a small injector to resolve the issue at the time.

Incorrect, Procuerer bpoā€™s are around 1.8-1.9 billion, unresearched.

https://forums.eveonline.com/uploads/short-url/lZiJ5Flg1aNhOheFkFbEG3nS6vu.png

Our Corporate policies, are none of your business. By the way, no one has taken this role. We have this requirement to disencourage theifs, and it goā€™s into a wallet that is saved for the case of if something is stolen.

Treason is met with even harsher positions by null alliances. There is no other way of understanding ā€œwhere we standā€ then ā€œleavingā€.

I paid around 800 million toward the structure.

This was a troll, due to a discord conversation.

Since all of what you posted was just proven a lie, the only ā€œScum bagā€ is you.

:popcorn:

2 Likes

They are purchased directly from NPCs for 1.4 Billion ISK.

The whole thing was gained through others.

The Raitaru, rigs, modules all came from other members of your Alliance, rather than just giving you 5 Billion ISK (which is also more than was needed for what you had planned). Always taking a margin off the top.

Tax rates change just at the right time to grab yourself some profit. You change them all the time, and always do well out of it. Total coincidence.

1 Like

The ā€˜Inceptionā€™ version of the NPE did, even gave you a storyline/background reason for the sacrifice, and some decent rewards when you re-clone. The current NPE does not. The Advanced Military Career Agent still has two ā€˜go get blown up, then pod back hereā€™ missions.

Can CCP figure out how many new players actually go that far before setting foot in the real EVE?

1 Like

Think the Advanced Military career missions has a mission that gives you a ship and the purpose of the mission is to get it blown up in order to complete it, so I guess thatā€™s similar?

Edit: Replied before scrolling further down, seems like there was a reply already.

I think it is merrited, that the abuse demonstrated to my alliance and corp are great examples of why eve does not have population.

The topic of getting people in this game should not even be addressed until we can resolve te major issues of why they are even leaving, For example, the abuse of people like you guys.

I quote ccp when they said

50% of destroyed values comes from the same 5 corps responsible for 50% of the wars in eve.
Of those 5 corps, they have 105 kills to 1 death, and corporations have 4% of killing 1 ship the entire duration of a war.

Bad CEOs. This has been a constant issue for years. Itā€™s just harder to weed you guys out now.

4 Likes

Technically, the previous NPE (the ā€˜Inceptionā€™ one) was sort-of not in ā€˜the real EVEā€™, as you are off doing odd things in odd locations. However, the Career Agents are in the school systems, not the starter systems, and are effectively in ā€˜the real EVEā€™ (you can get ganked, scammed, encounter other players etc. even though the rules say ā€˜no gankingā€™ in Career systems).

I am sure CCP has data on how many players complete whatever the current NPE is, how many do Career agents etc. The problem is that CCP has always had trouble gathering and interpreting player data. They donā€™t seem to have anybody on board who has had much training in data analysis.

(Note: pulling stats summaries off a daily report isnā€™t ā€˜data analysisā€™)

1 Like