How will EVE Possibly Compete with Amazing Star Citizen?

Fixed it for you

I dont care how good the game will become, Im not paying $50 - $100 for some crappy one person ship

1 Like

EVE, Elite: Dangerous, Space Engineers, no game will give you what Chris Roberts can promise. :wink:

1 Like

Better pay 20$ / month to play on an Excel spreadshit about space?

Promise being the keyword in that sentence :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh? So youā€™ll be playing Cyberpunk 2077 too then? :smiley:

2 Likes

I think flying around in space with no actual gameplay features passes as the most advanced game in the industry these days :smiley:

1 Like

Damn, Iā€™ve missed my chance to do this. Iā€™ve already PLEXed two accounts for the entire year. Any suggestions?

Plex mine for the year if itā€™ll make you feel better. I donā€™t mind, anything to help a fellow player.

1 Like

If you all plex your account youā€™re more than veterans from EvE.
Only way for me to plex is to extract my character.

I understand why youā€™re all that stubborn about Star Citizen. Can only guess none of you is younger than 40+ years old.

Stubborn isnā€™t the right phrase, Iā€™d say increasingly sceptical. And thatā€™s as someone whoā€™s put in for SC, so I really do hope it gets realeased properly eventually.

Iā€™d say Iā€™m hesitant and skeptic. Graphics and mechanics isnā€™t everything. When a game is entirely graphics then itā€™s a blender. When a game is entirely mechanics then itā€™s nerdy. When it has both then itā€™s still only a shooting star. While EVE doesnā€™t have the latest graphics does it have next to the mechanics something very important, and those are itā€™s game masters, who do not interfere with what goes on in the game, but allow for the meanest and most evil game-play the players can come up with, and itā€™s seen by the gamemaker as being ā€œall goodā€. Thatā€™s something you simply donā€™t see with a lot of other games. So whatever goes into SC, when it doesnā€™t have this kind of oversight (opposed to having control-freakish game master overlords), then it just wonā€™t be as mature as EVE is.

Could be SC becomes as big or bigger than WoW only space-themed of course. It wouldnā€™t make me want to play it for even a day, not even for free.

1 Like

While talking about plex; yā€™all rorqual mine to plex ? Or super cap rat?

I manufacture pretty much whatever I choose to, itā€™s all about the throughput.

Nope. Industry, hauling and trade. Used to have these as my signatures on the old forums:

The very early days in 2009.
TWHC

Some time later, hit by the spreadsheet bug.
Moving_star_dust_EB

Now Iā€™m mostly winging it, because all I really learned from the spreadsheet mania was that when one puts an honest amount of hard work into providing others with a service, then there is always a profit to be found.

Theres a new patch out for SC; 3.2
I have no motivation to even download the game let alone play it, so many bugs yet to fix and features to implemen, its NEVERENDING

Thereā€™s the hardware issue, and the payment issue, but as a designer myself and in courts, including military tribunals and other, do have other issues for and with the design.
I am also working with , or rather studying , Middle-East courts.
Today , I learned something about Levant being in Syria, or, in around Syria, but certainly not in Syria.
In fact, itā€™s a specific region in Middle-East.
But if I paid, I would have to manage to load it from a store nearby.
The same store which used to run EVE Online and that I would have to call or see another manager, as the last one had no clue where or if I would be able to run the patch without damaging his store multi-user bandwidth.

Didnā€™t boot up 3.2 yet will do so in couple of days did try 3.1 few weeks back was happy to notice both my cards are running again so i could enjoy full eye candy took a constellation warped it to low orbit,landed got out and admired it in a shadow of a rock pylon it was parked next it is drop ass gorgeous.
And that you have ability to point to something and actually go there is hugeā€¦or dream of what this game could deliver is hugeā€¦after all this years of development and taking money what i can do now just seems too little in my opinion.

when does alpha ends 3.? its a legit question i donā€™t follow development closely.

There are things that are half finished, 1/4 finished, there is squadron in the works, just all these things you cant experience yet.

Just give a try to this last SC patch, in every servs iā€™ve been on, the general feeling was ā€œThey have our trust backā€ because the performance are here, optimization coming, and there is no more crashs. You can actually enjoy it, not test it