How will EVE Possibly Compete with Amazing Star Citizen?

lololololololololololololololololol
gasp
pfffffflolololololololololol

Are you high? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Only mildly.

But anyway, that game thatā€™s never coming out, letā€™s talk about it some more. I think itā€™s fun! :grinning:

If and when it may come out, i will take my hover car over the water to poland. My robot assistant will help me interpit and keep me steady as i party with Nana like itā€™s 1599 :grin:

IF the game comes out, it wonā€™t be what people expected/hoped/dreamed it would be.

For additional context:

So we will compete by using cynicism, sarcasm, and general bitchiness.

On the upside, at least we can do so from a fully released and established game :slight_smile:

Selling Limited Edition Drake Ventures for only 120 mil ISK each at Jita. Grab yours while you still can. :wink:

1 Like

That moment when you realize someone pretends to be laughing by writing 27 times ā€œlolā€ ā€¦ Itā€™s priceless. Itā€™s as if one had declared foolishness to be a new art form, and only we get to be fortunate enough to witness unframed master pieces in the making.

Oh I am younger than that. I also backed it from the start and Iā€™m one of this guys with the golden ticket because I subscribed to the forum before it was even publicā€¦

ā€¦ that was back in 2011.

Iā€™m serious, I just donā€™t even care anymore to check what they are doing. They are 4 years over the original release date and still only have something that looks like a techdemo while openly discussing in their YouTube videos about core gameplay ideas which should maybe have been thought about in 2011 and not in 2018.

And where is Squadron 42? Was it already two years ago when the release was like only two months away and then WTH hapened? You canā€™t tell me they are so bad at planing that they can estimate a release date in two months, which means they are probably polishing the completed game, and then suddenly it takes two years moreā€¦

Also no matter how much money they got from crowd funding, how long can they possibly keep this up and burn money with nothing to show? And do they even know how they will finance development after the release IF they release one day?

You certainly have valid points. I think that whole switchign engines mess hurt them a lot more then they intended timewise + some other bad decisions, mainly feature creep, feature creep, followed by more feature creep.

As for their plans, they announced they will be sellign credits, limited on monthly per account basis + cosmetics but they will not be selling ships or gear after launch and the game will have no subs. This may of course change, I honestly do not see that as anywhere near enough income without either some ship sales or some sort of an optional sub that gives some kind of decent bonuses.

And I still havenā€™t backed them. I will not until I see some systems and mechanics present in the game that will tell me which direction certain aspects of the game are going to be like. they donā€™t have to be complete but at least I have to have a good idea of what they will be like. I have to see if I will even like the game because I have no intention of paying for something I will not enjoy to the point where I wonā€™t play it.

So we will see.

On the side note, if you were a backer that far back, if I were you Iā€™d download the client and log in just to see what free stuff I can get or what have I been provided, then log back out and uninstall just to hold that stuff just in case I will decide to play later.

Cheers, but Iā€™m already enjoying other things. Like, games that exist, for example.

Engines were very similar as the later one is just an iteration of the previous.
More stupid was decision to outsource the FPS part to some other company. It didnt integrate with the rest at all.

As for financing model after release its a copy of GTAO.

It does not run on Linux yet. And Iā€™m not going to install a windows just for that.

The Discworld rule ā€œFive exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.ā€ can be extended safely for multiple lols or emoji.

1 Like

Does ā€œtrololoā€ count as multiple lols? :thinking:

The world goes further and EVE remained frozen in year 2004 ā€¦

The only difference between EVE and SC is that EVE has been released.

SC has been a crowdfunding simulator for four years.

We all know you love SC, so i ask you WTF are you doing still here?

1 Like

Preaching SC against outdated Eve