How will EVE Possibly Compete with Amazing Star Citizen?

I think you guys are legit trolls, or just people that can’t understand things as easy as developpement.
I guess none of you ever worked in an IT wing, neither for a software or anything like that.

Dev takes time.
CCP announced 1year before new Upwell structures to replace jumpbridge.
One ■■■■■■■ year while their engine is done.

You pledge for a game, don’t buy it.
you get gift as game package, and ships to TEST it

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm seems like Bait :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

Naaah, just laughing.

1 Like

lol

Oh, I wasn’t laughing at you. That was a tie fighter emoji. My bad.

Ok, I lied. I was laughing at you. For not realizing how laughable your entire post was. You’re pretending ANYTHING to do with sc has been anything approaching normal software development. When instead EVERYTHING to do with sc has been completely normal with fraud. And suicide cults.

edit: and no, you don’t “pledge” anything. A pledge is just a promise. You’re actually giving them money, not pledging anything. Money for nothing, considering they’ll be going to jail before they put out a game.

ITT:

and spend moar
2 Likes

I’ve spend 40$. And i’m enjoying it.
But well, its know that EvE player are just some elitist idiots who enjoy to believe that other are idiots.

I bet most of you spend ten time that to CCP. a “free mmo”

1 Like

But well, guess i’ll have to send you this topic in two or three years. I’ll laugh about you.
You should check how much time GTA dev took ? and other triple A games as well.

Actually we just talk about ridiculousness of the situation with SC.

I spent less on Battletech and am having much more fun with it than SC when I tried it. Check how much that development cost to deliver as promised on time and compare that to SC.

I’m afraid that’s what people were saying 2 or 3 years (and 100 million dollars) ago when people started noticing how fishy the whole sc thing was looking. They had raised 100 mill by then and blew every last cent of it on concept art, hookers, and blow. Around the same time prison speculation started circulating. Prison still seems the most likely scenario.

See, when you (barely) have a 50 million $ games after receiving 190 million $, that means that you wasted 140 million $, and we have a few solid clues on how and when that money got wasted: moving quarters three times, hiring and letting go people, renting uberexpensive offices at Pacific Palissades, hiring cloud computer powr isntead of buying their own servers, meeting CR’s ever-changing and cosntantly unrealistic design specifications, thus trashing developed content over and over and over and over again…

Right now, they’re taking money for stuff that can not be possibly developed for the next three years, and are using that money to develop stuff that should have been done three years ago. At some point, money will stop flowing and someone gotta get the funny feeling of having paid for things that nobody else is gonna pay for.

And not to mention that, with 2 million+ pledgers who will get the game for free whenever (if ever) it’s relased, it begs the question of who is going to buy the game after all. How many people is out there still willing to play SC if it becomes real? And why aren’t they pledgers, rather wait (eagerly?) to throw 60 or 70 $ for it when it’s done?

1 Like

@Yiole_Gionglao I think the below image accurately pictures what you’ve just described and shows why it will inevitably fail eventually.

Yeah, it’s become a Ponzi scheme, albeit a unintentional one.

Maybe initially, I mean sure nobody could guess the first kickstarted will be such a mega success, but after that, and more so as more and more questionable tactics were used I think it is fully intentional since a long time, maybe even the second or third iteration was not deliberate just an additional cash grab to ensure development safety, maybe I could accept that even, but we are beyond that too, countless times, so no it is intentional since a long time.

1 Like

At this point it can’t be accidental, they know what is going on but even as they know, they are morally obliged to return as much as possible for as long as possible. If CR was to bail out from the landslide, the time was two years ago when he got DerekSmarted.

I give CR the benefit of doubt, he may be a daydreamer and a loser, but essentially honest.

ATM he’s a successful CEO IRL.

I fully agree they have to deliver, though how much of their promises they will fulfill is something time will tell but just as the things you’ve listed things don’t look good.

What I’ve called attention to in my previous post is that even if the benefit of doubt is given to them, it can not cover the entirety of development, as even if the first or even first few iterations of the “scheme” were unintentional the later “levels” were deliberate, which is obvious seeing how their tactics work.

Even if they claim they needed extra money to finish because they’ve wasted a lot earlier, that still shows they are aware they can’t deliver without additional funds and the additional funds are acquired for offers of new future features thus just dig their own grave deeper. This practice is clearly flawed and can not be justified neither morally nor legally, though am not a lawyer so maybe they can, if it goes to court some day, defend successfully, who knows, but morally it is clearly wrong nevertheless.

Morally the choice is to eff 2 million of acquitances or keep effing a few hundred thousand strangers and hope that maybe the horse will sing.

The emperor is naked, but some people still pay for his new dress… so what is he to do?

Not play gambling with other people’s money perhaps. But the real question is what he should and should not have done in the past.

He should have been a responsible person and actual professional developer not just claim to be one and if he was unable to fulfill the role then hire someone to plan the development with the available budget in mind to keep everything realistic, deliverable and on track.

You can read lots of stuff where the guy had irrational goals that people had to convince him is not achievable and even if delivered the result will be a disaster for one reason or another.

Clearly he is like Lucas who once had full control went on a delusional rampage without anyone ever daring to disagree with him and thus the end result had clearly recognizable flaws that easily could have been avoided if there were people put in check of different aspects instead of yes men.

Anyway taking people’s money in hopes they can fund the rest of the development is still that, a scheme, and immoral, and probably illegal as well.

SC have this, but it is supposed to change. Honestly I would like something like a clear roadmap for EVE, even if some things would have to change a bit, be later or very late. :thinking:

1 Like