I would like to see a special area for people who have a real life disability who cannot react as fast you're just an idea below

Apart from the bit where you clearly have an IQ that only barely scrapes double figures I’ll cut it short.

• Young person has less money.
  • Young person has nowhere to live. It’s much harder to get fibre & shiny screens set up.
  • Young person is tired.
  • Young person doesn’t want to work for the man at home as he/she already has a job.

It’s not complicated. Seriously.

So much of this is frothing Donald Trump insanity. I can see why some kids radicalise, & then kick you in for your pension money, pops. You need to start listening again.

Eve would always have a hardcore player following if it stuck to its roots.

But carebears never stick with a game. Even if that game has devs with ten times the resources ccp has unless it constantly re invents itself. See WOW.

Erm, in the real world…

Yeah.

60k became 30k after all.

Moving the more fragile people to a different server actually protects CCP revenues. And the Hard Server stays as violent as you like.

The status quo is failing. Some kind of change needs to happen.

Yeah that literally killed ultima-online.

It doesn’t save anything. You get bored and move on.

1 Like

Well, if your end-game is the destruction of this RPG Universe then I can’t agree with you.

Like Warhammer’s 'verse there is something cool here. To see it die is just daft.

It’s actually better than Warhamster, as I can carry it around on a Laptop.

But if the new players are just shackled & whipped then, well, not everyone is that kinky.

You might be. Other new players do just fine. Maybe the new players that do fine are even the minority. But they are the right players. And they will play eve for longer.

Here is a practical example:

James 315. Off to Null you go Newbie!

Dial that back to only chase toons that are a year old and… That might actually help.

You’ll still need to crack open various markets ( Incursion, Industry ) that are horrendously cornered at present, but again that’s not impossible. Then the ISK will start to flow again, and new players might get a bit braver with their PvP ( which is what you want apparently ).

The ISK needs to get to teh newbs, and it is not getting to enough of them. And that’s before you get the disability-bashing in some Trump-orientated fleets.

Personally I’ll be taking disabled pilots out Incursioning, to get some ISK to help them with their other stuff. And no, we won’t be flying glass cannons like the usual fits.

It might still be fixable with just players, but… People just don’t have the resource they once had 10-15 yrs ago. And those Millennials are your next generation of customers.

So wake up & smell the coffee gramps.

Stop, just…stop. Go eat a Tide Pod or something. And millennials wonder why we make fun of them…

2 Likes

New player cashflow isn’t the problem. Players can already fight effectively in cheap ships. People like myself even hand out ships for free. New players get paid for losing their ships.

But even then they don’t want to do anything risky. Losing a 1isk ship in a pvp encounter is little different to losing a 100mil isk ship.

It’s purely attitude. They will not stay. They will run all the pve they can safely and then quit thinking ‘i completed the game’ like they do every game.

1 Like

Cynosural

http://www.ablegamers.org/zane/

Here is a site for disabled gamer’s that look promising Jenn.

Zane’s story involves using special controllers that give him the opportunity to play games that he likes.

The Adroit is an amazing piece of technology that allows us to use any switches on the market to push the same buttons as you would on an Xbox controller. Zane preferred light touch switches that require very little force to activate. The Adroit also has the added benefit of adding co-op. For example, Zane’s friends, family or caretakers could steer or use the gas/breaks while he does the other, adding socialization to an otherwise single player game.

Eve Online is about technology but more importantly the human aspect of reaching out across the unknowns when the distress call has been placed. Much like the environment of New Eden where everyone is trapped, much like a disabled person in a wheelchair, the calls for help in the darkness never end.

Because Eve Online is free to play for Alpha Clones, companies could invest in helping the disabled play Eve Online much the same way that Zane plays his game which is a great way to bring in new subscribers both disabled and able bodied.

The technological outreach for the disabled does help the rest of the disabled community through the technology that is designed merely from playing games that might be bulky in the modern day but gave the disabled limited mobility. In the future the same technology was reduced to the size of a transistor and allowed the disabled to no longer be disabled but came closer to leaving the world that they were trapped in to join the able bodied world.

CCP having their name in the annals of real science in this manner creates a larger base for the people of the future to look back wonder who those gamer’s…who those Capsuleers really were.

Generation upon generation of Capsuleers that come after us in the real world will add to that distinction. Their grandchildren and great grandchildren and 5x great grandchildren can proudly stand beside the 5x great grand child of a member from the Disabled Capsuleer Corporation who was born from the disabled Capsuleer into a freedom that their great grandparent wasn’t able to enjoy can say “They were there, they paved the way. They were the First Capsuleers.”

“Fleet, order targets by range. Let’s go to work.”

3 Likes

[quote=“Daichi_Yamato, post:118, topic:62464, full:true”]
New player cashflow isn’t the problem. Players can already fight effectively in cheap ships. People like myself even hand out ships for free. New players get paid for losing their ships.

Apologize I misunderstood out of the system work it still seems like they’re losing money to a certain degree though

1 Like

I thought PLEXing subs is no revenue loss for CCP because every single PLEX* is bought for real-life money by players who sell them for ISK and other players grind for ISK and buy those PLEXes, thus in the end all the PLEX is paid for by real-life money.

(*With a few exceptions here and there you could acquire from events and in minimal numbers anyway.)

Okay I think I understand now and I apologize they’re basically recycling a dollar I’m buying plex selling it back to them and I also pay for my account with real life money but what I saw the Plex back to them they’re selling it again to someone else using the isk fake money in the game I think they’re still losing money though because they should use Plex as in-game currency they would make more money if they would make people pay for their account with real life money and use Plex as a way to get extra isk quickly but I do understand thank you for clarifying

Do you have even a shred of evidence to back-up this nonsensical drivel? And we are going to address these things via…a video game? Is that it?

That is one of the stupidest pieces of social policy I have ever seen.

Yes…James 315 says that and yes…off the newbies go to NS. Christ this is borderline delusional. Nobody can make anyone go to NS.

There is nothing stopping a new player from getting into invention, for example. How are newbies stopped? How are newbies stopped from running missions and gaining ISK and resources that way?

And this is where PLEX can help. Even if your claim is true that ISK making is being cartelized, of which we have absolutely no evidence at all on a broad scale, a PLEX can help new players acquire ISK as seed capital for their in game ISK making ventures.

It is not a revenue loss and may very well be a revenue gain in that it costs more to sub an account with PLEX for say a year, than using RL currency.

Granted not everyone can buy PLEX and sell them for ISK for RL reasons, but the possibility of making ISK in game is still an option. The idea that ISK making is not possible in game is just not true.

I know of no barriers to entry in invention aside from SP and seed money. In fact, there used to be more barriers to entry in the past. Doing invention in HS pretty much needed a POS. To anchor a POS you had to have faction standing high enough…which meant a crap ton of missions. Most research and science slots in stations were horribly backlogged. And prior to that there was no invention, you just had to get lucky in the T2 BPO lottery…where cartels actually did form jacking up prices. And again CCP changed things to break up those artificial barriers on T2 production.

Very nice thank you for the knowledge I’m still learning

1 Like

So are we all.

wtf, something I can actually agree with you on.

1 Like

OP, as much as i might feel for you(I have family members with disabilities) ;
This is a game, and as such requires for all intent and purposes a level playing field…

Meaning the basic rules apply to everyone globally, with no preferential treatment, what you are asking breaks all those rules.

no

1 Like

OP, isn’t this place you are asking for called highsec? I mean, with a group watching your back nullsec is pretty safe, but highsec has so many protections and deterrents that you can play Eve pretty much without worry if you fit a solid tank. Now with highsec moon mining you can even mine those sweet nullsec minerals under the watchful eye of CONCORD. Orcas are such amazing AFK miners, you can mine with them at max efficiency with something like less that 0.1 APM which is a pretty low threshold of interactions with the game. Aside from perhaps pirate FOBs/Incursions (which are easily identified) there is also no risk from NPCs in highsec.

But as has been said above, an integrated single-economy/single-universe game like this one can’t support a completely safe area, unless that area is also completely without resources. So highsec is as good as it gets and is the low-risk/lower-reward area you are looking for. You won’t be mining or building as efficiently as those who take more risks and are more PvP capable (or can click more and multi-box miners), but you still can very much enjoy the game and be part of our shared universe.

I’m working on setting up some sort of intel network to share information on highsec refineries and when their fields are up. I’ll drop you a line when it is up and perhaps you can use it to find some nullsec minerals to mine in the safety of highsec. Or go look yourself - so far, I have found it relatively easy to find active moon fields either publicly offered, or that you can ninja, all over the 0.5 systems of highsec.

Specific to the part you have quoted,

When a new player receives a ship for free and then loses it, they still get the insurance payout for said ship.

Zero cost. But isk payout when it dies.

And then more organised alliances have ship replacement programs. In some cases, if you fly the ships suggested by your leadership you get a payout that covers any losses.