I would like to see a special area for people who have a real life disability who cannot react as fast you're just an idea below

except for OP would be war declared into the ground once greifers go “oh its bunch of retards that like mining because they cant do anything else, lets war dec them so they cant play and quit the game because their not physically fit enough to play eve” Which when doing some small things like mining is one of the slower MMORPGS since most are based around action and responding quickly. Greifers would be all over them constantly because of lolz and killmails. so the only chance for them would be deep null, but than unless some are able to focus as OP said he cannot due his issue, someone else would have to run the belts for rats. or the highsec communites offer some support which they probably wont.

What do you mean? You can mine ore in highsec from the NPC corp. You can even mine moon ore from highsec refineries from the NPC corp. I’ve been trying to steal moon ore to generate content, but so far I have found only people who are just giving it away or are happy to share. Actually, largely I find mostly abandoned fields. Maybe that will change once the novelty has worn off and people stop fuelling their Refineries, but at least now there is no shortage of moon ore littering 0.5 highsec systems.

And an Orca can perma-tank highsec belt rats just fine, especially the brick-tanked variety one should be using in highsec to deter gankers. That last over-buffing of the Orca made it one of the most, if not the most, undesirable ship to gank in highsec so falling victim to criminals is highly unlikely, especially if you are in the back end of highsec. And you only need to click a couple times every 20-30 minutes to mine with one. It can easily handle some normal belt rats, and opening the Agency tab will immediately tell you if you are at risk to the more dangerous FOB rats before you even get to the belts.

Regardless of the merits of the Orca, you don’t need to worry about wars in this game unless you want to. There is now a whole ecosystem of player-owned structures and NPC stations where you can do almost everything in the game.

Sorry, but this just isn’t realistic. It was would be abused like no other mechanic, and does anyone honestly expect CCP to sift through thousands of applications to determine who really has a disability?

Which takes me back to Hard & Easy mode.

So Idk if you’re still reading but Null Security space, with the ability to share intel, allows you to react to an incoming hostile in time. wormhole players would be your worst nightmare since they can jump out of their hole and to you in record time, but in a game that carries one of the sub-slogans of “you consent to pvp when you undock” there really is nothing you can do except act promptly when you see reds or neuts in local or reports in intel channels. either that or hs mine where code ignores hs miners like hs islands or anywhere far outside of gallente/caldari space.

But if there was a Hard & Easy mode you could at least take a few more hits etc.

The answer to this one is NOT Null, even though I am glad people like Ze Goonwaffe are watching out for disabled pilots.

I’ll also add that if these people have to leave then CCP loses revenues. If they do not have enough revenues then teh game gets switched off.

This is teh real world people. Do wake up :slight_smile:

No, actually this is a virtual universe where only the strong or cunning survive. The game doesn’t need to adapt to you, you need to adapt to the game, just like all the rest of us. Know your limitations and adapt your playstyle to accommodate it.

2 Likes

Confirmed that many NS alliances have a Ship Replacement Program (SRP) this helps defray the costs of losing a ship while going on operations to support the goals of the alliance. This is part of what various alliance taxes pay for (they also pay for things like jump bridges and other infrastructure that players use/benefit from). The payouts don’t always cover all losses, but if you are looking at a 25 million ISK loss under SRP + insurance vs. say 100 million ISK ship losses are nearly as burdensome.

That’s a heck of a sentence! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure would necessarily be the case if they were careful just like any other player. Only go to trade hubs with an alt in an NPC corp for example.

What can I say, I’m a psychopath with a heart. :wink:

The clueless one here is you. There is zero difference between your suggestion and switching the server off.

1. The game, regardless of the name, will no longer be EvE.
  2. The end result of your idea will still be the servers shutting down. Just google Trammel to see an explanation why.

I have a few “real-life” disabilities, caused by accidents as well as simply through aging. Yet it never occurred to me to ask for a game to be made easier for me. I simply know I cannot keep up with others. So what? That’s just how life is and it isn’t just gaming for me.

Instead, I take the losses as they come and I sure am not happy over them, but do please shoot me if I ever were to ask for anyone to make my game easier so you couldn’t do this to me.

Next thing you know we’d be packing disabled people into bubble wrap. My advice to OP is to be glad not to be marked as handicapped in an MMO. You’ll get marked enough in real life, end up being be-mothered and patronized by people dumber than yourself. Rather enjoy the game as it presents it to you. If it’s then not your game then find another one, because all your special requests will do to you in the end is to sort you out from the rest of players. Do you really want to be this special?

Anyhow, so much for me taking this thread serious. I still think this is a bait thread. EVE isn’t a game for everyone and it sure has it’s moments where I think I’m not the one with the disabilities here if you know what I mean …

2 Likes

No I wasn’t trying to bait anybody that’s for damn sure let’s get that straight up front I was just trying to make it easier for individuals with not quick reaction times because these guys can be ruthless and heartless Jack wagons you really kind of pissed me off trying to call me a baiter I’ve been playing MMOs another game for years this one just really hard for someone with slow reaction time and I really enjoy the mining aspect of the game

Furthermore I tried other games I cannot use them because they require you to use both hands I can only use one hand because of my disability so Mining and other games is really hard I played with my buddies Elite Danger I cannot do it and that is the only other space mining game that I know that has decent Graphics anyways

Do you believe it’s any different for them? No. They do this to each other all the time and they laugh about it. Inside I’m sure they cry a little, too, but it ain’t my problem. But don’t be mistaken to think they’re better off.

1 Like

The old fashioned if you’re not part of the solution you’re part of the problem I gave them a solution to the problem now whether they implemented or not I cannot control what they do but I gave them my opinion and that’s all it is my opinion like I said I wasn’t trying to bait anybody or anything like that

That’s plenty fine.

The reason why this felt like a bait thread is simple and best explained with an example…

Just the other day did a player in local and in a high-sec system warn others about gankers. That’s a noble thing to do, right? And no, the gankers weren’t happy about it, which is also as it should be. But here is the twisted and bizarre thing you’ll only get to see and learn about here in EVE. The guy who warned the others was flying in an Astero, and while he was sitting at his keyboard and saw the gankers coming did he just sit there, and got blown out of his ship worth 220m ISKs and further got podded on top of it for another 1.2b ISKs worth of implants. I’ll spare any judgement here over what went down there, but if I was sitting in a “handicapped zone for miners” I’d be missing out on some very memorable moments in EVE. I get why this guy would now want to be sitting in such a designated play area, but not why you or anybody else would want to.

Sebat Hadah I would like to say first and foremost I appreciate the apology maybe I did not give enough detail why does that will be helpful personally to me and other people I personally only have use of one hand and I can use my middle index finger on the other hand to press the control key to Target the drones but I have use of one hand just to move the mouse that’s why I play this game over over something like Elite danger or Star Citizen I tried them both but they require both hands I can not use both hands effectively enough to play either one of those games I love the mining aspect of space I just find it fascinating and also when I get tired my mind starts slowing down so I start processing slower and it just makes it really hard to stay focused on d scan

Being someone who has Osteoarthritis in both knees, a torn meniscus in my left knee and Osgood Schlatter’s in my right knee not to mention having vertebra that are out of alignment in my back that has basically paralyzed me twice leaving me without the ability to walk due to the nerve in my lower back being pinched. Tthere have been numerous times where I have not been able to go to work and have actually lost jobs because of the medical issues above.

Some days the pain is like having thousands of needles stuck into my knee or lower back.

There are some days when I go to get out of bed and I can’t even stand up and look like I am getting ready to sit down on a chair. I then have to sit back down and try getting up differently.

So I can tell you being injured and somewhat disabled is no fun. Because no one really cares about your situation and that if you can’t perform your duties then they simply cast you off and look for someone else who is able…left behind and not able to get compensation for the injuries because people are only concerned about how much they can get back for helping…really that is a sad mentality to have.

Helping Jenn with her problems doesn’t make one weak it makes someone stronger. But there are those who would fake a disability to get the free whatever and then run off with what they love most…money.

If Jenn could find a way to use a eye motion detector to complete her actions such as selecting targets and the pushing the fire button through technology tied in with Eve Online then new ways to improve life overall for other humans is possible.

Who knows, maybe because of Jenn’s story and others like her CCP would be able to develop a new method of game play for those with disabilities through their VR gear.

Perhaps players that can prove they have a disability that impairs their ability to play EVE, could send that along with proof of identity to CCP for a special dispensation to use some limited forms of automation, such as key broadcasting and hotkey scripts?

Obviously contingent on them not using them for afk botting etc.
Probably best as tied to only one account and the 3 character slots on it.

As a nurse in training, Ive not yet come across disabled patients that I know play EVE, but I can well see how a hobby like EVE would be good for their quality of life.

As we all know, in varying degrees for each, EVE is a valued and fulfilling part of our free-time. I would want everyone to have as unrestricted access to that as possible.

ok Whitehound with your statement and Teckos Pech, there are people that bring up the corporation search and do something stupid like seach for groups that’s have “mining” or “Industry” and other bits to see what it brings up and go “war dec, war dec, war dec, and war dec, oh another war dec.”.

it doesn’t require you to even be seen to have a war dec tossed at you, 1 reason why the smart people in recruitment channel don’t advertise for highsec mining because it gets them a war dec there too.

@whitehound what would you do than if a group War dec’d you for multiple weeks at a time and actually pursued you? (this is assuming your in empire) Like op said too he can only use 1 hand too. All im doing is campaigning for some way that those that are video gamed disabled as it were, to be ablt to play and not be hunted to extinction, its already bad enough our player base is so small.

Ive spoken to the guy personally and seems quite smart, which can be a case for the disabled and being smart in eve can carry you a great deal, just physically in ept to do many jobs.

Even if the Disabled players of EvE was just a channel, what would keep retards from chasing them down across empire for constant ganks? aside from a harassment charge (which needs clarification)

It could be some large groups go “if you get war dec’d we will jump in and war dec them”

theres an answer somewhere to being rather safe without a isolated spot to play in, ive already gave op some ideas in private chats.

I’m torn between ignoring your question or just playing along as the retard you think I am.

Answer is: I play with my alt when it gets too bad.

Can you please not patronize me?