If CCP cucked Chris Roberts

I’ll just leave http://youtu.be/2iu4iekX3WE here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really?

No arguments left?

What stupid crap…wiS was never given a chance…

What content possibilities did they throw into the garbage because of lazyness…fights inside a station,hanging out in a bar,go shopping for yourself and your ship,atmosphere boosts,smalltalk,clothes actual making sense because you SEE it on other people ect. p.p.

All thrown into the trashbin because a small minor group of bulkheads don’t wanted THEIR game to be changed and REFUSED to accept a better one…

Ah yes, the farmer trash continues to demonstrate its ignorance of game design.

Stuff like “go shopping for yourself” and “hanging out in a bar” were dead-end concepts. You can talk about how cool it would be but once you try to turn that cool image into actual game mechanics you (assuming you are a smart game developer) realize that there’s no viable gameplay concept behind it. Shopping is just a slow and awkward way of using the existing market system, hanging out in a bar is just ship spinning with a different background, etc. These are things that people will do once or twice when it is first released, just to see the new shiny thing, and then stop using because they add negligible value to everyone except a tiny handful of hardcore roleplayers.

TL;DR: WiS only existed because the WoD game was going to allow CCP to put it into EVE with a minimum of effort. Once WoD development ended WiS became massive work for minimal gain and also ended.

Difference is, EVE online exists as a playable game. Star CItizen only exists as a semi-competent beta, with a release date of 2070, and Chris Junior trying to finish his fathers legacy.

CCP would say yes than abandon the project either half way through or after its been completed due to “it’s too hard”

2 Likes

Just as many as you have.

Question Balos: seriously, why do you bother to use a different “character”?

1 Like

Who’s this Balos guy? He sounds pretty popular.

“Forum Infamous” might be an adequate description of friend balos / duro / darlo. You may count yourself fortunate not to be familiar with him, Jack.

I’d use the term “village idiot”, but there are so many of those.

I’ll toss in a few isk here and say, CCP had an oppertunity. But from my understanding the game engine would have hamperd WiS, that and a vocal minority scared CCP.
Instead they whent for ground battles which some loved, and others did not. The dabbeling into the vampire thing didn’t help either, i highly doubt we will see any attempts at WiS ever again, unless Pearl Abyss pushes hard and CCP does something similar to EvE. But as i said i doubt it, as things are. People are mostly content with how things are and does not want anything to rock the boat.

These are my opinions.

Since i am not privy to the internal goings on of CCP, i can only pose these opinions from a limited perspective. You are free to agree or disagree, i will not hunt you down and smack you with a herring.

1 Like

If EvE is Tetris, SC is Welltris running on a Virtual Boy

1 Like

That Virtual Boy was a red monochrome migraine inducer.

1 Like

Man , I only come back here to browse the forums every once on a blue moon when I’m bored, mostly to test my hypothesis that nothing ever changes here.

And what do I find? Yep, a post about WIS complete with some whining about how some “vocal minority” is to blame for it not working out. Bonus points for the Star Citizen mention ( Star Citizen being the latest game that’s surely going to kill EVE).

The only thing this thread needs to complete is some mention of gankers/war deccers and a complaint about cloak camping :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s funny that star citizen tended to get mentioned so much when WIS would be discussed. Really, the same kind of gamers are interested in both and indeed I’ve experienced folks like that as long as I’ve played multiplayer games.

Back in mechwarrior 2, 3 and 4 there were always people dreaming about the addition of tanks and elemental infantry and dropships and aerospace fighters. In world of tanks you can find people that want infantry and in world of warships you can find folks who want “marine boarding parties” and such lol. He’ll there were people claiming x-wing vs tie fighter would be great if you could land on an asteroid and have a light sabre fight…

In other words there are people who think that someday some game will be able to give them everything they want in one place and it will be great. They kind of ignore that fact that games that try to do that tend to suck and that games that focus on something more narrow ( like SPACESHIPS) tend to be better games. Trying to do everything becomes a muddle that is impossible to balance.

Ccp has trouble properly balancing EVE Online’s security bands In a timely fashion (improvements to null means they aren’t working on high sec, low and wormholes), and yet people who wanted WIS somehow thought the same company could properly and easily balance spaceship play vs avatar play…

The reality is that stuffing avatar play into a spaceship game would.make one aspect or the other suck because of lack of dev time.

None of this registered with WIS people, they were so delusional about how great it would be to sip imaginary martinis at a bar on Jita 4-4 that the complete lack of practicality of the subject didn’t get a passing thought.

TL;DR ccp couldn’t do it, EVE was the wrong platform to try it on anyway and even if they could have made it, it would have still been bad because the basic idea is bad and dividing focus is bad for a game period.

2 Likes

MIMIMIMI I DON’T WANT MY GAME TO BE CHANGED TO THE BETTER MIMIMIMIMI

What a freaking BS post…

Standstill like you prefer is -obviously like we all can witness these days- the end of your game too moron…simply get this easy to understand fact…

People are not leaving because this game is changed too much after 15 years…they are leaving because it is NOT CHANGED ENOUGH to be compatible to todays gaming…

How can someone with a clear and open mind not see this?

Must be a ‘i don’t want to see this,becaus it’s too inconviniend for me to adapt to changes’…

1 Like

Chris Roberts indicted before Christmas.

Change my mind.

2 Likes

Oh look, the farmer trash has no response to any of the points I raised so all it can do is post more idiotic “WAAAAAH I AM A TROLL” spam.

3 Likes

Oh look the idiot tries again to turn my post into the opposite by altering my post or trying to use it for his own agenda…

Will not work

1 Like

If you don’t want your posts mocked then don’t post idiotic “WAAAH WHY DO YOU HATE CHANGE” nonsense and ignore the entirely valid criticism of a proposed change and the explanations of why that change would fail to accomplish anything.