I'm qutting

You are right, but some of us don’t like to see people leave the game even if it’s their fault, they need to HTFU, or whatever else. Some of us will offer help, deserved or not. And sure, we can be ‘had,’ just as we were. But I’m currently laid-up and not capable of doing much more except typing anyway, so no skin off my nose. And in any respect, leaving a forum post sort of plays by the same rules as Eve does: don’t spend time that you can’t afford to lose, etc.

1 Like

Then post your fit. Tern we can can tell you how you fukked up. I also suspect you’ve never used dscan.

All leavers get roasted on the walk of shame.
Its our due entertainment.

1 Like

That would teach the wrong lesson. It would teach the lesson that a good fit entitles you not to die. But a good fit entitles no such thing. If he is going to continue playing, he needs to first and foremost accept that he can die anywhere, anytime he undocks. Once he does that, then he can learn fits, scouting, this, that, and whatever else.

He/she posted it earlier.

Was running a 300mil DST with a PI cargo of only like 25mil.

Should have used a cloak/mwd Epithal, like everyone else.

2 Likes

Wouldnt dream of asking, you kinda already said you keep losing your stuff :skull_and_crossbones: :joy_cat:

1 Like

Yea … record profits. Thats why they have recently fired over 100 people, including most of the EVE Online community team, closed 2 offices and and fail to hold talent. (In case you havent noticed, several big names, like Seagull, Ghost, Torifrans, Pointy Bits and Punkturis have left CCP voluntarily in the last months.)

3 Likes

It’s just a game lol … and I was about to ask for your stuff, but you are probably space poor, so I’ll pass haha. x

You’re not wrong, but that’s what makes Eve different and challenging. Survive or be someone’s loot.

The story is just as likely to be true in reverse. That is, they paid out 100 people from a loss making division (VR), decided to restructure in the process (including the community team, who presumably were adding no demonstrable financial value?), and consequently ended up after these one-off payouts, permanently reduced costs, and at least static revenue, with increased nett profits as a result ?

I don’t know if that is any more true than your scenario, but suspect you don’t either ? What I also don’t know is what is the usual staff churn for either CCP and/or companies of this size/type. Especially a company that is based on creativity and that arguably closed its most creative (ie VR) department, albeit for sound business reasons. So, the departure of the people you mention may or may not be significant.

Jess aSide incoming. This ought to be good grabs popcorn .

1 Like

I will always kind of feel sorry for people like this. Mainly because this kind of post shows that they probably tend to blame others when things go wrong instead of asking themselves “what could i do better?”.

My experience with gamers leads me to believe that if they think this way in a game they probably do in real life as well, which means they end up frustrated a lot while asking themselves “what’s wrong with everyone but me?”.

3 Likes

None of the things you mention have anything to do with profitability. Lots of companies do the same things while taking in ever higher revenues and profits.

Butthurt post noted…

1 Like

Quick question on that fit, why didn’t you have a cloak fit?

MWD/Cloak trick and there is no way an Arazu and Nid are catching you. You wouldn’t have died and there’s no reason to have a DST without a cloak on really.

And nothing of value was lost

Was the ship insured? What’s the payout on a DST anyway? Is it any good?

It’s nothing of note, as with all T2 ships.

And now guess which of them could do perfectly without the others.

3 Likes

What is it with this whiney, liberal, millenial bullsh*t in the game lately?! Lost your ship?! Too bad! Suck it up sunshine its a cold and harsh universe! Not everyone gets a trophy! Not everyone makes the team! And once in a while youre going to get your ass kicked! Thats life! So you can either learn from your mistakes and keep pushing or take your ball and go home cupcake!

3 Likes